A federal judge has ordered Kim Davis released from jail

GFR7

COZVhsyWcAACC_I.png

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/breaking_kim_davis_to_be_released_from_jail

GFR7

Good. :thumb: She shouldn't have been put in jail. Relieved of her job, yeah, I think so. Jail... nah.
Just so long as she makes no interference in the others' issuing of licenses. I don't see why she would at this point.

Jose Fly

From what's been posted, it looks like the county attorney has advised that the licenses the deputy clerks have been issuing during her absence are valid. So now the judge is saying to Davis, "You can go back to work, just don't stop the deputy clerks from issuing marriage licenses".

So it's a solution that allows her to keep her job, not violate her conscience, and citizens to get marriage licenses.

Isn't that what she wanted in the first place? I guess we'll see.....

GFR7

From what's been posted, it looks like the county attorney has advised that the licenses the deputy clerks have been issuing during her absence are valid. So now the judge is saying to Davis, "You can go back to work, just don't stop the deputy clerks from issuing marriage licenses".

So it's a solution that allows her to keep her job, not violate her conscience, and citizens to get marriage licenses.

Isn't that what she wanted in the first place? I guess we'll see.....
One wonders why they didn't just make this arrangement from the get-go :think:

Jose Fly

Why is she agreeing now? Kind of spoils the martyrdom. :think:

I guess that depends on what she does when she goes back to work. If she follows the judge's orders, it does make one wonder what all the previous fuss was about.

Will her name still appear on the licenses, as she is the supervisor?

From what I've seen, no. The only government names on the licenses are the deputy clerks' who issue them.

HisServant

Just so long as she makes no interference in the others' issuing of licenses. I don't see why she would at this point.

The current licenses being issued are technically worthless according to Kentucky law since they lack the required authorized signature... fyi.

The Supremes made a huge mistake when it didn't authorize a set period of time where all states had to adjust their laws to facilitate same sex marriage...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The current licenses being issued are technically worthless according to Kentucky law since they lack the required authorized signature... fyi.

The Supremes made a huge mistake when it didn't authorize a set period of time where all states had to adjust their laws to facilitate same sex marriage...

this is true

GFR7

Hers is the required signature?

Jose Fly

The current licenses being issued are technically worthless according to Kentucky law since they lack the required authorized signature...

The county attorney has advised otherwise.

There was nothing to adjust. All they had to do was start issuing marriage licenses to same sex couples.

HisServant

The county attorney has advised otherwise.

There was nothing to adjust. All they had to do was start issuing marriage licenses to same sex couples.

Some states computers did not allow this to happen and the licenses are being issued in paper form only to be entered into their computer system possibly months or years from now. (we are talking about old and antiquated systems here).

So they may be married, but trying to exercise their privileges of being married will be a bit harder.

Jose Fly

Some states computers did not allow this to happen and the licenses are being issued in paper form only to be entered into their computer system possibly months or years from now. (we are talking about old and antiquated systems here).

So they may be married, but trying to exercise their privileges of being married will be a bit harder.

As long as they have a license, they are legally married.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If you stand against progress, you're gonna have a bad time. :eek:

Maybe so. and it is too bad that progress is seen as the avocation of immorality. This is very sad; if I were thirty years younger and healthy, I would move to another country at this point.

HisServant

As long as they have a license, they are legally married.

The license needs to be legally filed according to the states laws... if it can be issued by not legally recorded, its technically useless.

I'd like to see them provide that piece of paper when dealing with a hospital when it comes to end of life decisions or social security, etc.

If it doesn't show up in their computers, it didn't happen.

Jose Fly

The license needs to be legally filed according to the states laws... if it can be issued by not legally recorded, its technically useless.

And what prevents them from doing that?

I'd like to see them provide that piece of paper when dealing with a hospital when it comes to end of life decisions or social security, etc.

I've never had to show my marriage license for anything like that. Why would a same sex couple?

HisServant

And what prevents them from doing that?

I've never had to show my marriage license for anything like that. Why would a same sex couple?

Some states computer systems are so arcane it wont let the entry person select M M or F F for the sexes of both the bride and groom.

It's in their computers, via the insurance companies and social security so you never have to produce it.

If it's not in their computers, producing the license wont help your cause.

Last edited: