A key to understanding the Bible for a Catholic.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
My words are my words.

If you want to slander the Church, then I will have to use official proclamations or the like to refute your slander.
Or you could just send a squad of heavily-armed Jesuits after him...

And so it goes: the Protestants calling the Catholics idolaters and legalists, and the Catholics calling the Protestants slanderers and heretics.

Same as it ever was.

chestertonrules

BANNED
Banned
Or you could just send a squad of heavily-armed Jesuits after him...

And so it goes: the Protestants calling the Catholics idolaters and legalists, and the Catholics calling the Protestants slanderers and heretics.

Same as it ever was.

I was referring to a particular accusation by a specific person. Sorry if you misunderstood.

What's your excuse?

Four O'Clock

Uhh... that's an awfully odd post coming from somebody who has been allowed to post here for years.
TOL is a debate forum. It's what we do here. I admit... it isn't for everyone and if you don't like it you are free to leave.

Didn't mean to be confrontational; it just seems like any dialogue thread you start is 'stacked' in your favor, simply meaning that any opposing views will be quickly ridiculed. It's your right-wing interpretation of Christianity forum and control and we all have to live with that or get lost but don't attempt to present this "all opinions welcome" dangling carrot forum when your motive is simply no more than partisan self-servitude...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Knight, I'm surprised. You do have some theology in you. But your still not right. Your close thought. All the disciples resurrect in the year 3007. I know you don't want to debate with me but I am a true prophet. I know every spirit in every church. Even their names. I can even prove it.
Well I will tell you so you know. The catholic church is ( Reuben ) The living spirit of the first born of Jacob. That's why the worship Mary, Because he lay with his mother. I can even show you were we are in the scriptures. If I knew you I could tell you who's spirit you have. I know you don't believe me , and I don't blame you.
You're going to Hell.

Maybe more sleep would help but I offer a second to the above. tWINs
Hangnails should be cut off. They serve no purpose to a body.

bucksplasher

They don't know that

They don't know that

"Hangnails should be cut off. They serve no purpose to a body."

I guess you're right but I'm counting on a Body of Christ that isn't perfectly washed everyday. I might just escape notice on that left little toe.

Have you checked your toes today? tWINs

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Didn't mean to be confrontational;
Yes, you did. :mad:
it just seems like any dialogue thread you start is 'stacked' in your favor, simply meaning that any opposing views will be quickly ridiculed.
I believe the word you're looking for is "refuted."
It's your right-wing interpretation of Christianity forum and control and we all have to live with that or get lost but don't attempt to present this "all opinions welcome" dangling carrot forum when your motive is simply no more than partisan self-servitude...
OH NO! :shocked: The dreaded specter (accusation) of "right-wing" bubbles to the surface.

I see partisan politics dominates your thinking. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now. :up:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
While there are many unbiblical things in the Catholic church, their basic framework (rulers, a priesthood, laws) in claiming to
be the church of Matthew 16 is correct. The only problem is that they are not Israel and the church of Matthew 16 will not be in operation until Christ returns.
Where in Scripture does it say that Jesus the Christ will establish or re-establish a church upon His return?
At which point, the real Peter will be resurrected and take his rightful place in leading that church.
Where does the Bible point this out?
So, as Knight pointed out, their error is failing to distinguish Paul's unique minstry and the change that took place after Peter "went to his own place" in Acts and completely dropped off the biblical scene.
I do not understand that.

Four O'Clock

Yes, you did. :mad:

I believe the word you're looking for is "refuted."

OH NO! :shocked: The dreaded specter (accusation) of "right-wing" bubbles to the surface.

I see partisan politics dominates your thinking. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now. :up:

I fight against partisan politics whenever it pops up whether it be a left wing-nut or a right wing-nut. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now.

Your credibility has been dead for some time now Frank; take it out back and bury it...

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I fight against partisan politics whenever it pops up whether it be a left wing-nut or a right wing-nut. Nice try. You can stop whining any time now.

Your credibility has been dead for some time now Frank; take it out back and bury it...
:rotfl: Keep bluffing. It will make you feel better about yourself. :darwinsm:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
"Hangnails should be cut off. They serve no purpose to a body."

I guess you're right but I'm counting on a Body of Christ that isn't perfectly washed everyday. I might just escape notice on that left little toe.

Have you checked your toes today? tWINs
The Body of Christ has been washed in His blood, and is permanently clean, without blemish.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So where is the Paul church?

In the Body of Christ.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in him...In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm counting on a Body of Christ that isn't perfectly washed everyday.

Amazing how many that believe and study God, yet are without him.

He is perfect and blameless, despite your ramblings. We are also, because we are in him.