A new religion: Blahblahblahionism

Huckleberry

The main tenets of Blahblahblahionism.

1. God creates us weak as infants, so we must strive for physical strength in our lives. Therefore the local gym can be considered a temple.
2. The reading of tea leaves reveals to us the word of God.
3. The Bible is given as a means to put hyperactive children to sleep, specifically 1st and 2nd Chronicles.
4. The tower of babel was obviously a trial run. We must construct a tower to heaven immediately, like in that South Park episode (also the word of God, btw.)
5. Jesus was a carpenter, therefore we must follow His example. Also fits into the tower of Babel thing.
6. We can never be carpenters as skilled as Jesus but we must strive to be. Especially in regards to picnic tables.
7. No other religion is right or wrong, except where it agrees with this religion. Or if something seems cool.
8. The explanation for different religions is that God has a sense of humor and He's just messin' with us. Duh.
9. God isn't directly involved in any of this and probably isn't paying attention. Therefore, build picnic tables. Because they're awesome.

I have no claim to special revelation and, in fact, can't support any of my claims in any way at all. But that doesn't matter.
Because religion.

Who wants to sign up? :D

glorydaz

Where did he go? :aimiel:

:idunno: why the converts keep disappearing.

Last edited:

glorydaz

CleverDan Might I suggest we change the carpenter thing to an architect. That way we'd have a blueprint to go by.

musterion

1. God creates us weak as infants, so we must strive for physical strength in our lives. Therefore the local gym can be considered a temple.
3. The Bible is given as a means to put hyperactive children to sleep, specifically 1st and 2nd Chronicles.
4. The tower of babel was obviously a trial run. We must construct a tower to heaven immediately, like in that South Park episode (also the word of God, btw.)
5. Jesus was a carpenter, therefore we must follow His example. Also fits into the tower of Babel thing.
6. We can never be carpenters as skilled as Jesus but we must strive to be. Especially in regards to picnic tables.
7. No other religion is right or wrong, except where it agrees with this religion. Or if something seems cool.
8. The explanation for different religions is that God has a sense of humor and He's just messin' with us. Duh.
9. God isn't directly involved in any of this and probably isn't paying attention. Therefore, build picnic tables. Because they're awesome.

I have no claim to special revelation and, in fact, can't support any of my claims in any way at all. But that doesn't matter.
Because religion.

Do you have nice pews?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Because religion.

I enjoyed reading this. You should post more often!

genuineoriginal

Because religion.

come back after the tenants of your new religion have been written down by 40 authors across a span of 3000 years and contain the actual words of God in them.

:wave2:

quip

BANNED
Banned

Because religion.

If it brings one ignorant, blissful solace....then what's the problem? :idunno:

bybee

Because religion.

:rapture:When you get to the top of your tower throw yourself off and then talk to me....

genuineoriginal

I have no recollection of any idolatry. You must have me mixed up with another heathen. :chuckle:
Idolatry is the use of statues in religious worship.

Buddhism is well known for the statues of Buddha in the temples, in the houses, and even on the keychains of Buddhists.

il_570xn.507901870_cosi1_0.jpg

Maybe you have your heathen religion mixed up with another heathen religion called Buddhism?