A Question for Inquisitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Inquisitor said:
When did I say that? Show me.

Will you just spit out what you'd like to see happen once the Inquisition's back? Quit screwing around. :hammer:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Inquisitor said:
When did I say that? Show me.

I didn't say that you said it. I said you made it clear. I've read what you have said about evangelical Christians. What you have said implies you feel that we are not "real" Christians.

I don't know why you would think that evangelical Christians aren't real Christians. Although I've known a few evangelicals who believe that there's no such thing as a catholic Christian, I don't believe that. In fact, I've convinced people otherwise. But, just as there are people in the evangelical churches who claim to be Christians and don't show the love of Christ in their lives, there are people in the catholic churches who don't show the love of Christ in their lives. I don't believe that Christianity is a denomination because I've met people from many denominations who are Christians. I've also met people from many denominations who claim Christianity but don't walk the walk.

Let me tell you a little something about myself, Inquisitor. I am a Christian. I choose to go to an evangelical Christian church because it's the closest to what I believe. You won't find me putting people down for their choice of churches or their choice not to follow God. I also won't put down people who take harsher stands than I do on certain issues. I'm pretty sure that most people here, on TOL, don't agree with everything that I believe. That's all right. I'm not going to say that they're not Christians because of it, though. From what I've seen, the majority of people here share the basic tenets of Christianity. The things we disagree on are minor issues compared to believing that Christ came to earth to save the sinners. We are all sinners in need of His love and forgiveness. There is not one person on earth who can honestly say that they're not a sinner. But, Christ's blood washes the sin from those who accept Him. What church we choose to go to has pretty much nothing to do with whether we're Christians or not. The Church is not a religious organization. The Church is the body of believers in Christ. Whether they go to a baptist, pentecostal, methodist, catholic, or mormon church doesn't matter. I've met Christians from all five of those churches.

You won't find very many posts on here where I'm putting anyone down for what they believe or don't believe. Every now and then, I get frustrated with people and will tell them to get their heads out of their butts or something similar. I try to treat people how I want to be treated otherwise.

This is only our second exchange on TOL. The first one didn't go well, which is one reason I say you implied that evangelical Christians are not "real" Christians. I would like to think that one was a fluke. Although I'm a moderator here, I choose not to use that to "get rid of those I don't like." Before anyone says anything else, I don't know of any moderator here, on TOL, who does that. I've seen it on other websites though.

Our disagreements can remain as they are, Inquisitor. We don't have to agree on everything to get along here. In fact, I think the world would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything.

Aimiel

ebenz47037 said:
The things we disagree on are minor issues compared to believing that Christ came to earth to save the sinners.
That pretty much is my 'motto' when observing other Christians, when I see that they believe Jesus died upon a cross for their sins, I see them as my brother in Christ. Without believing that, they can't possibly be a Christian.

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Status
Not open for further replies.