A Saviour unto Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

I have pointed out in the previous post that there are Two different covenant promises to Abraham and the Land. One Promise was without Abraham being a partaker of but only His seed, and the Other Promise Abraham was to be a Partaker of with His seed.

One Covenant Promise that did not include Abraham, but it did include His physical seed Israel was fulfilled in that God gave them the Land that He promised, but God never did stipulate in the promise, how long they would retain the Land. In fact He made certain stipulations and conditions [Deut 8:18-20;30:18] But that He did fulfill that promise is seen here in scripture :

Joshua 21:43-45

43And the LORD gave unto Israel all the land which he sware to give unto their fathers; and they possessed it, and dwelt therein.

44And the LORD gave them rest round about, according to all that he sware unto their fathers: and there stood not a man of all their enemies before them; the LORD delivered all their enemies into their hand.

45There failed not ought of any good thing which the LORD had spoken unto the house of Israel; all came to pass.

Neh 9:7-8

7Thou art the LORD the God, who didst choose Abram, and broughtest him forth out of Ur of the Chaldees, and gavest him the name of Abraham;

8And foundest his heart faithful before thee, and madest a covenant with him to give the land of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Jebusites, and the Girgashites, to give it, I say, to his seed, and hast performed thy words; for thou art righteous:

So we see here, that God's word testifies to God's Faithfulness in giving Abraham's Physical seed the Land that He promised...But we also see that there was no guarantee of continuity..

Last edited:

beloved57

Now the promise to Abraham as it regarded his physical seed national Israel entering into the land of promise , God hath fulfilled as per Josh 21:43 points out. Abraham was not personally promised this land.

But, the Land promise that Abraham was personally promised to receive along with His Spiritual seed, this land promise would not be fulfilled for Abraham and His seed until the resurrection morning..In this promise all the Patriarchs died in Faith not receiving the promise Heb 11:13

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

We know that they perceived these promises of Land to be spiritual and heavenly because they seen them by Faith, not the Faith of the natural man, but of the Spiritual kind..This faith caused them to confess that they were pilgrims and strangers on the earth, so the land obviously was not of this earth they sought after and desired as a result of the promise...

Now here are some Facts about the two covenant promises to keep in mind !

To Abrahams Physical seed the land promise was fulfilled, to Abraham personally and His spiritual seed, it will be fulfilled .

To Abraham's physical seed, there was no guarantee of continuity, but to Abraham and His Spiritual seed, it will be a eternal possession !

To Abraham' physical seed, their possession of the Land was conditioned by continued obedience to the national covenant or they would lose their inheritance as per Deut 8:18-20

18But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.

19And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.

20As the nations which the LORD destroyeth before your face, so shall ye perish; because ye would not be obedient unto the voice of the LORD your God.

But to Abraham and His Spiritual seed the land promise is unconditional and eternal..

The one promise was for national Israel, Abraham's Physical natural seed, but the other promise included Abraham and all who believed on Christ Gal 3:7,29

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

The promises that God made to Abraham concerning national Israel, have been completely fulfilled as per Joshua 21:41-45; Neh 9:7-8, so God owes them no more from any promise that He gave to Abraham.

The promises that God gave to Abraham regarding both He and His seed, which includes all who believe in Christ per Gal 3:7, 29 have not yet been fulfilled, but will be fulfilled in the New Earth. The city the patriarchs were looking for was one whose builder and maker is God as per Heb 11:10

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

That means He look for an inheritance in the New Jerusalem, not a earthly jerusalem, which was made by men..

Last edited:

beloved57

Now in Light of these different Israels, which one would you suppose has the Glorious future ? Remember, the prophets of the OT , though they used language steeped in Jewish tradition and understanding, yet it was said later of peter that they really prophesied of the grace that would be shown to believers in Christ, the church. Lets read 1 pet 1:

9Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

With this in mind, What are the Promises that seem to show a Glorious future for National Israel i.e ezk 37:21-28..

Is that really National Isreal, the physical descendants of Abraham in view here ?

I do not believe so, and I will show why in post to follow..

Last edited:

beloved57

What are the Promises that seem to show a Glorious future for National Israel i.e Ezk 37:21-28

Is that really National Israel, the physical descendants of Abraham in view here ?

We shall now observe this promise to Israel in Ezk 37:21-28

1.Its promised that God will gather the children of Israel from among the nations and bring them into their own land vs 21

2. God shall make them one nation vs 22

3. There will be one King over them, that is one Shepherd, David vs 22,24

4. They shall be cleansed from their transgressions vs 23 see Heb 8:12

5. They shall be the people of God, and God will be their God vs 23 see Heb 8:10

6. They shall have the Land given to Jacob forever vs 25 see Heb 11:8-9; Gen 17:8; 28:14; Lk 1:32-33

7. God will be in the midst of them forever vs 28 see Rev 21:22; 22:3

Now there is no doubt that these things are yet to be fulfilled, but again, to which Israel do they pertain ?

We, have National Israel, the physical seed of Abraham, We Have Jesus Christ, The Seed of Abraham who is Called Israel, and we have all believers in Christ who are the seed of Abraham[Israel] spiritually Gal 3:29 !

Is National Israel in view here in Ezk 37: 21ff ? No, its not National Israel the Physical seed of Abraham because they were not the children of God and Promise according to Rom 9:8

8That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

They are in fact contrasted to the Children of promise !

Also Matt 8:10-12 applies to them :

10When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Now, who are these Children of the kingdom that will be cast out and not partake of the Kingdom with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob [remember Ezk 37:25]

The Children or sons of the kingdom is a Semitic term for National Israel, and Jesus is saying they lost their claim to this eternal kingdom, much like what is said here Matt 21:43

43Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

So when we combine these two together, we see no promise of National Israel being restored, but the Gentiles, the Spiritual seed of Abraham , those from the east and the west shall inherit the eternal kingdom with The Patriarchs instead..

Lets Comp Matt 8:11 with Ezk 37:21

Ezk 37:21

21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

Matt 8:11

11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

The Kingdom of Heaven is that Eternal land of Promise..

Also, God is no respecter of Persons Acts 10:34-35

34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:

35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

This means God will not show any special favor to anyone because of the national origin, but to those who fear Him in every nation. National Israel is not a Holy Nation, they despised the Messiah, and the believers in Christ are the Holy Nation 1 Pet 2:9=10

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

God has indicated that He will not show special favor to any nation by ethnicity Acts 10:34, and He is not going to change His Mind..

Last edited:

beloved57

We have looked at why Ezk 37:21-28 could not be referring to National Israel.

The second Israel, the Lord Jesus Christ, we know the prophecy cannot be referring to Him, for He was never scattered among the nations or heathen, and the prophecy has a plural fulfillment as in vs

26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

That Leaves us with one more possibility, the Israel of God, all those who believe in Christ..

Lets see how this fits !

#1. God will gather the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they are scattered..

Is that not what the high Priest prophesied about in regards to Christ death ? Jn 11:49-52

49And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,

50Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.

51And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;

52And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

This is compatible also with Jesus words Jn 10:15,16,18,19

15As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Was not that the underline motive for Jesus sending His disciples unto all nations Matt 28:18-19

18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Amen, thats the reason for the great commission, its for in the gathering in of the seed of Abraham in all Nations, according to God's promise Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Last edited:

beloved57

God will make one nation of them !

God will make one nation of them !

The next promise in Ezk 37:22 following that God will gather the children of Israel from among the heathen is this:

22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel;

Notice, the I will part ! That means God is Sovereign and He is doing this Himself..

The elect, who had been scattered throughout the world are become one Nation ! 1 Pet 2:9-10

9But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

10Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

The psalmest says Ps 33:12

Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

The One Nation is One Body Eph 3:6

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 4:4

4There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

So given this biblical evidence, the Believer in Christ can fit the description of being made into one Nation !

Last edited:

beloved57

The Next promise is Ezk 37:22

22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

There will be one King over them. David is a type of Christ, who sits on the Throne of David. It is not David himself as the King over them ! But it is Christ that is the One King over them. He is also the One Shepherd over them, and not David, for Christ is the One Shepherd Isa 40:10

10Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

11He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

Jn 10:16

16And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Again, this can and does apply to All the seed of Abraham that belongs to Christ Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

You see Abraham's seed and the children of Israel are the same..

Last edited:

beloved57

The Next promise is this :

Ezk 37:23

23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

God has promised to cleanse them from their Transgressions. God has cleansed His People by the Blood of the Lamb, all for whom He died has been declared righteous through Him, and His blood cleaseth us of all sin to the Glory of God..

Scriptures to confirm Heb 1:3

3Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high:

Rev 1:5

5And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Its a Covenant blessing through His covenant blood Heb 8:12

12For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

So, yes this promise does apply to Israel, the seed of Abraham, who belong to Christ Gal 3:29

Last edited:

beloved57

The next promise in the prophecy is that they shall be my people and I will be their God..

This is applied here Rom 9:24-26

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

This is the call of the Gentiles into Covenant Israel, the Church Eph 3:6

6That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Eph 2:11-13

11Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

also 1 Pet 2:10

This too is another promise of the New Covenant which Christ is the Mediator of unto all whom He shed His blood for Heb 8:10

10For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

So this Promise can be applied to the Church, the believers in Christ, the Israel of God, the spiritual seed of Abraham Gal 3:29

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed[Israel], and heirs according to the promise.

Last edited:

beloved57

Next Promise : They shall dwell in the Land given unto Jacob forever !

Next Promise : They shall dwell in the Land given unto Jacob forever !

Ezk 37:25

25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

What Land is this ? Is this the piece of dirt over in the middle east ? No its not. This is the land that God promised Abraham of which Isaac and Jacob were heirs of the same promise !

Heb 11:8-10

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

The Land these Heirs looked for was a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God, not men..

Also about this land we read in Heb 11:13-16

13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off[by Faith], and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

The Land was a heavenly Land, not of this earth..It was the possession of the everlasting Canaan Gen 17:8

8And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

This is the Eternal state here Matt 8:11

Yes, the Land is the Kingdom of heaven. Many from the east and west shall sit down with them. Thats because they too shall be gathered from the east and the west as predicted here:

Ezk 37:21

21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

Every side denotes the east and the west too..

Isa 43:5

Fear not: for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west;

Gal 3:29

Those who belong to Christ are heirs of the same promise that Abraham, Issac and Jacob was here Heb 11:9

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

The Land is the Kingdom of Heaven, not palestine in the middle east..

Now can this apply to believers in Christ, the seed of Abraham ? Yes it can and it does..

Last edited:

beloved57

God will dwell in their midst forever !

Ezk 37:28

28And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

1 Thess 4:17

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Rev 21:23

And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

All that has been prophesied in Ezk 37 :21ff can be fulfilled in all believers in Christ..The Church, The seed of Abraham..

Last edited:

beloved57

I have just shown how a OT Prophecy pertaining to the children of Israel in ezk 37, can and does apply to the Church, The Spiritual seed of Abraham, which is Israel. The Seed of Abraham is another way of saying Israel isa 41:8

But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

And both Christ Gal 3:16 and believers Gal 3:29 are called the seed of Abraham, so both are Israel..

I will now by the grace of God show forth, even though its not understood by the masses in organized religion today, that the Church is one continuity in the OT and NT, that the NT Church is the Fulfillment of the Old Testament Prophecy concerning Israel [seed of Abraham]; So the promises concerning the promised Kingdom/land is to be understood spiritually and not naturally..

Peter assures us the prophecies of old was concerning the grace that would be unto us the Church, even though the name Israel was in used.. 1 pet 1:10

Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

The prophets just saw the grace coming to Israel, Gods chosen covenant people..which it did, but it was just not to ethnic jews, but to jews and gentiles in Christ...

beloved57

Paul teaches in the book of Galatians the only True seed of Abraham [Israel], His True Heirs of the Abrahamic Covenant blessings and promises are True Believers, whether jew or gentile Gal 3:7

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. [see Rom 4:16] Gentiles who believe are the True seed of Abraham and Heirs of Promise.

Abraham is the Father of God's People not because of being their biological ancestor, as the ethnic jews think, and many others as well but because He has a spiritual family given him of Faith [see Rom 4:16] This verse certainly proves that the gentiles as well as some ethnic jews are Abraham's seed of promise. So He [ Abraham] has been given by God, a spiritual family [ a type of Christ] who follow in His Faithful footsteps Rom 4:12

12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

This Truth also shows the connection of the Church [spiritual seed] transitioning from the OT to the NT, Abraham's spiritual seed being the bridge and foundation.

Last edited:

beloved57

The True Seed of Abraham is Christ !

The True Seed of Abraham is Christ !

So Paul shows in Galatians that the seed of Abraham is Christ Gal 3:16

16Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

And Christ is the Head of the Church Eph 5:23

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

So the seed of Abraham is the Head of the Church, if they be the same Christ !!

And they who are Christ's [ to the exclusion of all others] are Abraham's seed and Heirs according to promise Gal 3:29

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Question, How can Abraham not be of the Church when His seed is the Head of the Church ? And if Abraham is of the Church of which His seed is the Head of [Christ], then how could it [The Church] not existed in the OT when Abraham existed ?

The seed of Abraham Christ does away with all physical and national barriers, for their is neither jew or gentile, bond nor free, neither male or female, for all are one in Christ Abraham's seed !

Gal 3:28

28There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

beloved57

Gal 3:23

23But before faith came, we[The Church] were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwords be revealed.

This verse proves that the church existed in the OT, for Paul identified himself with those elect jews who were kept under the tutelage of the law until N.T Faith came, brought in and established by the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Christ. The Church under the OT was under many legal restraints of administration Col 1:21

21(Touch not; taste not; handle not);

Until the Time of Gospel Faith, which was the time when the fulfillment of the promise in Christ should set free the children of God from all earthly and legal obligations, and set free from the Old Covenant Economy, to serve God in Spirit and in Truth.

But after Faith has come, we [The Church] are no longer under a school master Gal 3:25

25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Which meant the passage of the church from the mosaic law to the New Covenant economy Jn 1:16-17

16And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Paul had not been speaking of a individual experience [ though applicable] of coming to Faith in Christ, but a transition in sacred history where the regime of law was superseded by the regime of Faith, the school master handed off to Christ, and the Church transitioned from infancy and minority to Adulthood..

Last edited:

beloved57

Israel and the Church

Israel and the Church

For those who do not realize that Israel and the Church are the same, they are showing a lack of understanding that Christ and the Church are the sum and substance of the O T Prophecy. Christ is in all the scripture Lk 24:44,47

And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

He and His People, believers in Him, are the terminus of prophetic scripture.

The Nation of Israel had no other purpose for existence apart from being a type preparing the way for the New Covenant People of God of whom the end of the ages hath come 1 Cor 10:11

11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples [a type]: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

And without whom the OT Saints of old could not be perfected Heb 11:40

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Which again solidifies that the OT Saints are One Church with the NT Saints, for this is readily perceived with the Transfer to both jew and gentile the names and privileges originally attributed to National Israel i.e Rom 1:6-7

6Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:

7To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Rom 9:24-26

24Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Also 1 Pet 2:9-10

These scriptures, duly considered, with the blessing of the Lord, can be seen to unite or to recognize the union of the OT Saints with NT Saints..

Last edited:

Ps82

Hi Beloved,
If this is what you are trying to tell us:
Israel was chosen as a foreshadow of things to come regarding the eternal kingdom ... then how can anyone argue with you?

If you are saying that the LORD has now established one tree/one church made up of believers from among literal national Israel and the believers from among the nations ...then how can anyone argue with you?

I find what you are sharing very interesting and haven't found anything to debate yet. However, I'm only on post 71...

I think one of my favorite OT verses also fits what you are trying to say about the peoples coming out of the nations that have accepted our Savior as Lord over them:
Psalm 82:8
Arise, O God, judge the earth and inherit the nations.

Our risen Lord Jesus will return to judge among the peoples of all the earth ... and will select his people and inherit the nations... not just physical Israel ... but the Israel found IN CHRIST.

However, there is a part of me that says that the LORD is not finished with his using physical Israel/Jews ... for I feel that they are still used by him as a foreshadow of what God means to fulfill before he returns.

What do you think about that?

beloved57

Israel and the Church the same !

Israel and the Church the same !

That Israel and the Church are the same and are unified from the OT to the NT is seen in the Gospel and its proclamation.

The Church’s oneness Is Taught By The Gospel Promises To The Patriarchs OR Father's, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob !

That promise was made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Genesis 22:18 contains it as well as other parts of the Old Testament. “And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed: because thou hast obeyed My voice.”

Now that is a gospel promise; let me ask you to look at Galatians 3:8, “The scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.”

This same promise that Paul says belonged to the gentiles Justification, peter preaches it to the jews:

in Acts 3:25, 26, said to the Jews, “Ye are the children of the prophets. and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”

Of course Peter did not at this time realize that gentiles were included in those promises and were also the Children of the Prophets. For Abraham was a Prophet according to gen 20:7

Now therefore restore the man [Abraham] his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

And Believers in Christ are Children of Abraham Gal 3 :7,29

7Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed or children, and heirs according to the promise.

Jew of Gentile, race does not matter, if we are of Faith the same are children of Abraham..

So unknowingly peter in Acts 3 :25-26 was speaking about some gentiles to..

And of course Paul made it clear in Gal 3:8

So, NT Believers are The Children of the Patriarchs, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and if we NT Believers are the Church of Christ, why not our Fathers ?

We know Abraham believed in Christ from this scripture, for Jesus said of him Jn 8:56

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

No doubt Jesus had been revealed to Him as His righteousness, and of His seed's righteousness as well !

For certainly, if we the Children have Christ as our righteousness, then He must have been our Fathers righteousness. For the Children of Abraham, those God would justify by Faith Gal 3:8, He must have Justified their Father Abraham by Faith, and Christ was that seed to whom all the blessings of Justification would come by..

And of Abraham's natural Children, Isaac was included, but Ishmael was rejected, Jacob was included, but Esau was rejected in blessing of Justification.

So Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were believers in Christ ! And as Believers are Children of Abraham, so too of Isaac and Jacob.

The great deceiver, has blinded many to this Truth..

Last edited:

Ps82

That Israel and the Church are the same and are unified from the OT to the NT is seen in the Gospel and its proclamation.

The Church’s oneness Is Taught By The Gospel Promises To The Patriarchs OR Father's, Abraham, Isaac and Jacob !

That promise was made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Genesis 22:18 contains it as well as other parts of the Old Testament. “And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed: because thou hast obeyed My voice.”

Now that is a gospel promise; let me ask you to look at Galatians 3:8, “The scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.”

This same promise that Paul says belonged to the gentiles Justification, peter preaches it to the jews:

in Acts 3:25, 26, said to the Jews, “Ye are the children of the prophets. and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up His Son Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.”

Of course Peter did not at this time realize that gentiles were included in those promises and were also the Children of the Prophets. For Abraham was a Prophet according to gen 20:7

Now therefore restore the man [Abraham] his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine.

And Believers in Christ are Children of Abraham gal 3 :

29And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed or children, and heirs according to the promise.

Jew of Gentile, race does not matter, if we are of Faith the same are children of Abraham..

So unknowingly peter in acts 3 :25-26 was speaking about some gentiles to..

And of course Paul made it clear in Gal 3:8..

So, NT Believers are The Children of the Patriarchs, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and if we NT Believers are the Church of Christ, why not our Fathers ?

We know Abraham believed in Christ from this scripture, for Jesus said of him Jn 8:56

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

No doubt Jesus had been revealed to Him as His righteousness, and of His seed's righteousness as well !

For certainly, if we the Children have Christ as our righteousness, then He must have been our Fathers righteousness. For the Children of Abraham, those God would justify by Faith gal 3:8, He must have Justified their Father Abraham by Faith, and Christ was that seed to whom all the blessings of Justification would come by..

And of Abraham's natural Children, Isaac was included, but Ishmael was rejected, Jacob was included, but Esau was rejected in blessing of Justification.

So Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were believers in Christ ! And as Believers are Children of Abraham, so too of Isaac and Jacob.

The great deceiver, has blinded many to this Truth..

Hi beloved,
I accept your conclusions. I also believe that I have found the OT event where the identity and the work of the promised divine Messiah was revealed to Abraham.

The event is found in Genesis 14 and especially in Genesis 15:1 KJV

Abram had just successfully rescued Lot from the enemies of Sodom and Gomorrah. Melchizedik had come unto him and they partook of the sacraments of bread and wine and then Melchizekik blessed Abram.

After these things the LORD God came to Abram in a vision and
clearly explained the truth about the connection between Abram and Himself. He told Abram that HE was Abram shield and that HE was also Abram's exceeding great reward.

IOW, God was Abram present protector, but was also to be the future exceeding great reward.

quote:
... the Word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision saying, "Fear not, Abram. I AM thy shield, and (I AM) thy, exceeding great reward.

Abram saw the DAY of our promised Lord Jesus ... and was glad of it!

Later, in John 1:1 we are also told that Jesus was the WORD of God ... who WAS God and who was WITH God ... who had finally come.

Our Lord Jesus was not only The WORD of God, who came to Abram ... but our Lord Jesus was also God - the promised great reward of Abram, who had finally arrived.

QUESTION:
How do I know that Abram immediately understood that this exceeding great reward was to come to him as a future descendant?

Ans: Because Abram immediately asked the LORD God how this (exceeding great reward) could happen since he was obviously childless.

After that the LORD told him that an heir would come forth to him out of his own bowels... and that this son (Isaac) would become the child of the promise. This is why tracing genealogy from Isaac was so important. The exceeding great reward would be a descendant of Isaac.
Abram - comprehended it and was glad of it!

This is exactly what Jesus was referring to when he said this to the religious leaders of his day.
Abram got it! But those religious me did not.

I totally agree with what you said here:

beloved57

Israel and Church the same, The Spiritual Family of Abraham !

Israel and Church the same, The Spiritual Family of Abraham !

The Church’s Unity Is seen By A Prophecy in Isaiah

The Father said to Christ, “It is a light thing that Thou shouldest be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel;

I will also give Thee for a light to the Gentiles, that Thou mayest be My salvation unto the end of the earth” (Isaiah 49:6). In other words, it was God’s purpose that Christ, the Messiah, should not only save the preserved of Israel, but that He should be the Saviour of the Gentiles to the ends of the earth.

But no man is saved apart from faith in Christ. When a Jew or a Gentile believes in Christ, he becomes manifestly a member of Abraham’s spiritual family and a member of the Household of God, and therefore a member of the one family in heaven and in earth

Paul, of the Church, was an extension of Christ to fulfill this Purpose..acts 13:47

For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.

Remember this command was given to Christ the servant in Isa 49:6..

The Gentiles are those in the Nations that Abraham was made a Father to in Gen 17:

5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Status
Not open for further replies.