Abortion ISN'T "murder"

quip

BANNED
Banned
Nope

Not when it comes to the made up "right" to murder her child, whether before birth or after birth

Yell it into the wind as much as you desire.... the right to your own body is undeniable....emotional sentiment notwithstanding of course.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yell it into the wind as much as you desire...

Not yelling and it won't be lost in the wind. Those who are desirous of acting in a morally and ethically justifiable fashion will recognize what I'm saying to be true - that the most fragile and vulnerable among us deserve the greatest care and respect. And that those who argue for their destruction are evil.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Those who are desirous of acting in a morally and ethically justifiable fashion will recognize what I'm saying to be true - that the most fragile and vulnerable among us deserve the greatest care and respect.

And what are you going to do about it? Absolutely nothing? That's what I thought.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Not yelling and it won't be lost in the wind. Those who are desirous of acting in a morally and ethically justifiable fashion will recognize what I'm saying to be true - that the most fragile and vulnerable among us deserve the greatest care and respect. And that those who argue for their destruction are evil.

Duly noted.

Arthur Brain

Really? Does that include those who are destitute, starving, poverty stricken etc? You sure don't seem overly concerned about that kinda stuff in the main unless it fits into one of your little agendas. You're almost sounding emotional on the topic...

Arthur Brain

That's an apt personal prescript yet, not binding.

But it would have been for your own mother, right? Else, you'd not be here? I'm not as hardline where it comes to abortion as some are here as I think there's shades of grey on the topic but sometimes you seem to be a bit flippant on the matter.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Really? Does that include those who are destitute, starving, poverty stricken etc?

Nope. You may have missed what doser posted earlier in this thread:

If you want to remain free of encumbrances don't conceive a child. Once you do conceive a child, you have consented to caring for that child.

So, if the woman in question cannot care for that child, well, that's just too bad according to doser. Tough luck, kid.

Arthur Brain

Nope. You may have missed what doser posted earlier in this thread:

So, if the woman in question cannot care for that child, well, that's just too bad according to doser. Tough luck, kid.

Oh, heck, now I've taken the guy off ignore I can't miss the inanity unfortunately but on the plus side it remains an eminently hittable target!

:D

ok doser

Oh, heck, now I've taken the guy off ignore I can't miss the inanity ...

You find it inane that women are murdering their children?

Does a slaughtered little child amuse you, artie?

Do you find it hilarious when they're torn limb from limb in the womb?

Arthur Brain

You find it inane that women are murdering their children?

Does a slaughtered little child amuse you, artie?

Do you find it hilarious when they're torn limb from limb in the womb?

Wow, what an equally "emotional" and witless response to what I had to actually say.

Are you drunk?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
But you can't say that abortion is murder without backing up that assertion with corresponding actions.

You can. The vast majority of citizens aren't politically active. Many are apolitical, not enough of them vote, not enough of them are informed enough on a lot of important issues they should be informed on, but - so many are just trying to get through the day. But they absolutely can say abortion is murder even if they don't go to the nearest abortion clinic and shoot the doctor. I understand the point you're making about hypocrisy both individually and by the Republican party, I agree the GOP isn't going to do anything but pay lip service to the pro-life cause (we've had this discussion elsewhere) but I think you go too far here.

quip

BANNED
Banned
But it would have been for your own mother, right? Else, you'd not be here? I'm not as hardline where it comes to abortion as some are here as I think there's shades of grey on the topic but sometimes you seem to be a bit flippant on the matter.

Just being objective. Brute facts are facts....they're separate from my personal views regarding abortion. (It's the rational tack to take against the wave of emotional sentimentalism the abortion issue seems to produce.)

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Behold User Name's method of "backing up" his assertion that abortion is not murder:

If you say that abortion = murder, then you have the moral obligation to act accordingly. How and when do you plan to do so?

Notice, in the first place, that User Name cannot define what (if anything) he imagines it would be for one to "act accordingly" with one's saying that abortion is murder.

Now, notice also, that by his failure to define this, User Name is leaving it open, carte blanche, for anyone to say anything they'd like to say in reply to his demand. Thus, were someone to fall for User Name's bait, and say, for instance, that they intend to soon burn down a Planned Parenthood building, User Name has just told them that they "have the moral obligation" to burn down a Planned Parenthood building.

Being a rationally-thinking person, and on the side of truth--thus, one who knows that abortion is murder, and that murder is wrong--I would never say to User Name, or any other lover of and cheerleader for the murder of babies, "You have the moral obligation to act in accordance with your saying that abortion is not murder." For, User Name and his fellow vampires have, rather, the moral obligation to act AGAINST their saying that abortion is not murder, and they have the moral obligation to cease from saying/thinking that abortion is not murder, since it is the truth that abortion is murder.

But, let's have some fun with the stupidity that User Name has handed us by turning it right back against him by making a slight adjustment:

If [I, User Name] say that [my state's scheduled execution, tomorrow night, of a convicted murderer, is evil, and unjust, and a violation of the murderer's rights], then [I, User Name] have the moral obligation to act accordingly. How and when do [I, User Name] plan to do so?

Notice that you will never see an answer from the hypocrite, User Name, as to the questions of how he plans to "act accordingly" with what he says, here, nor of when he plans to do so.

I've already, in this manner, had the enjoyment of setting User Name's own stupidity against himself, in some posts in another thread (see my posts, #190 and #192 in the thread called "feminists killed tol").

User Name never dealt with any of this, and, instead, he fled the scene, and went and started this present thread, essentially repeating, here, the same shtick by which he had already shot himself in the foot:

you can't say that abortion is murder without backing up that assertion with corresponding actions.

Let's do like we did before:

you can't say that [tomorrow night's scheduled state execution of a convicted murderer is evil and unjust] without backing up that assertion with corresponding actions.

What "corresponding actions" are you going to take to "back up" your assertion that tomorrow night's scheduled state execution of a convicted murderer is evil and unjust? Are you just going to sit there and go from saying, presently, that what the state is about to do is evil and unjust to, later--after the state has done what it is going to do--saying that what the state did was evil and unjust?

Arthur Brain

Just being objective. Brute facts are facts....they're separate from my personal views regarding abortion. (It's the rational tack to take against the wave of emotional sentimentalism the abortion issue seems to produce.)

Well, the brute fact is that if your own parents had decided to abort you then you wouldn't be here to discuss the issue. So, where do you personally stand on abortion?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
You can. The vast majority of citizens aren't politically active. Many are apolitical, not enough of them vote, not enough of them are informed enough on a lot of important issues they should be informed on, but - so many are just trying to get through the day. But they absolutely can say abortion is murder even if they don't go to the nearest abortion clinic and shoot the doctor. I understand the point you're making about hypocrisy both individually and by the Republican party, I agree the GOP isn't going to do anything but pay lip service to the pro-life cause (we've had this discussion elsewhere) but I think you go too far here.

If you say that the death penalty is evil and unjust, and a violation of the "human rights" of the condemned, guilty murderer, do you plan to go to the next scheduled state death row execution of a convicted murderer and shoot the guards, and those administering the death penalty to the condemned? Or, are you just going to sit there, not doing anything but paying lip service to your anti-death-penalty cause?

You call it "hypocrisy" when anti-baby-murder people say that abortion is murder, and do not go to the nearest Planned Parenthood to shoot the baby-murder "doctor", no? And, hypocrisy is immoral, no? So, would you say that the morally right thing for them to do is to go shoot the baby-murder "doctor"?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
You can...they absolutely can say abortion is murder even if they don't go to the nearest abortion clinic and shoot the doctor...I think you go too far here.

You're right, I did go too far there. I was wrong to say that "you can't say that abortion is murder without backing up that assertion with corresponding actions," because in fact anyone can say anything without backing it up with corresponding actions. Anyone can say that up is down or black is white without backing it up in any way whatsoever. Anyone can say anything they want, any time they want. But actions do speak louder than words.

The word "murder" has a particular meaning--"the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another." "Unlawful" is a key word there. Abortion is legal in the eyes of the law, therefore it is not murder. It may be wrong, immoral, sinful, etc., but it isn't murder. So those who claim that abortion is murder have no legal standing upon which to make such a claim.

If a woman discovers that she is pregnant and decides to carry that pregnancy to term, that is her choice to make. If a woman discovers that she is pregnant and decides not to carry that pregnancy to term, that is also her choice. No one else can make the choice for her, and both choices are equally valid in the eyes of the law.

Most anti-choice people don't really care about abortion except insofar as they can use it as a political football with which they hope to score points for their team on election day. They couldn't care less about the women involved. I have no respect for these people.

Others are genuinely concerned about women in "crisis pregnancy" situations and so on. They do whatever they can to help. They "walk the talk." These people are worthy of respect, even though I disagree with them on the issue of choice.

ok doser

But they absolutely can say abortion is murder even if they don't go to the nearest abortion clinic and shoot the doctor.

Just as I can absolutely say that a miscarriage of justice occurred in the sentencing of Brock Allen Turner without being compelled to hunt him down and execute him.