Abuse, libel , stalking and bully boy tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
Nope. Do you believe believers should apologize (and thereby attempt to cover) for the unbelief of others? Why?

Do you believe that your daughter, husband, "kin folk,".....are one of "the elect," or that God punted them,just/righteous, in not "choosing" to "zap" them, so that they have "the ability to believe?" How do you know that they are one of "the elect?"

Let me guess: Cuz their lifestyle/"fruit"/"perseverance" tells you so....

john w

Hall of Fame
May God show you mercy and forgiveness despite your ugly heartfelt words . . .

Were not those alleged ugly heartfelt words decreed?

Why do you even ask God to "show you mercy and forgiveness," when it's already "set in stone?''

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Do you believe that your daughter, husband, "kin folk,".....are one of "the elect," or that God punted them,just/righteous, in not "choosing" to "zap" them, so that they have "the ability to believe?" How do you know that they are one of "the elect?"

I asked you nicely to leave my family out of your dopey posts.

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Why do you even ask God to "show you mercy and forgiveness," when it's already "set in stone?''

The theologically sound Reformer believes in both Godly predestination, as well as human responsibility.

If you need me to explain that to you, ask me nicely. Otherwise, save your breath concocting another dopey post just to oppose me.

john w

Hall of Fame

And I told you that your request is denied. I was decreed to engage you in the subject, as you brought your daughter into the "argument."

I suspect that you are not one of "the elect," cuz your meanie "dopey posts" comment is not good "fruit," and exhibits lack of "perseverance" on your part, and lack of "repenting" on your part.

Do I hear an "Amen," amongst "the elect" of TOL, that Nag is not one of "the elect?"

The above is "POTM"-"Post of the Month."

You are all welcome. I amaze myself, sometimes, while still being humble.

john w

Hall of Fame
The theologically sound Reformer believes in both Godly predestination, as well as human responsibility.

If you need me to explain that to you, ask me nicely. Otherwise, save your breath concocting another dopey post just to oppose me.

Let me slow it down for you, since you are not one of "the elect:"

"another dopey post"-non elect Nag

Oooops!!! More evidence that you are not one of "the elect!!!"

john w

Hall of Fame

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Faith is a gift from God and repentance is granted by God, to His own.

Both come only by the grace of God, and are not earthly works at all.

Faith and repentance are the same thing.

Don't be tempted to defend yourself when ridiculed.

Truster is a funny guy.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Wow. What a thread.

I don't know whether I want an invitation to the Middle School graduation, or if I want to volunteer for everyone to dogpile me so you can get off of each other.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. What a thread.

I don't know whether I want an invitation to the Middle School graduation, or if I want to volunteer for everyone to dogpile me so you can get off of each other.

And yet you continued to read ... sort of like one of those drivers who gawks and stares a multi-vehicle pile up while shaking his/her head as he slows down to snap pictures.

Oh the maturity of you ....

moparguy

... Read the original post ... thought, Ok, well, I guess that's fine as far as it goes and all...

What about those who WANT to have a place where those who rabidly oppose them feel free to say whatever scumbaggy thing they want to say?

It's sort of hard to know what someone really thinks of you when they know there are serious or even obscene consequences if they tell you what they really think.

Is there actual internet stalking and bullying ... um ... yes, and it's wrong. Is it wrong to make irrational attacks on someone's person, character, and family? Absolutely. Do people do it all the time? Yes; even though it's wrong to do it.... and even though it makes fools of them and their positions when they do so.

One of the reasons I happen to have an account here at TOL is because I can find people here who vehemently disagree with me and will actually ... at varying levels ... say why they disagree.

That said, TOL is definitely NOT a forum for those who aren't self-assured... or for most kids, for that matter.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Faith and repentance are the same thing.
No.

There is no such thing as repentant faith.

To even speak of "repentant or penitent faith" gives the false immediate impression that faith itself is something of which we need to repent. This is not what is intended but it is what the wording naturally leads to.

Now if by "repentant faith", one means to say that faith itself is accompanied with repentance or that the act of faith includes the act of repentance, this is perfectly sound when referring to salvation as a whole.

That said, if "repentant faith" were to be used with specific reference to justification--that is, a man is justified by repentant faith--this would not only undermine the doctrine of justification by faith alone but would be a serious error in itself.

The preposition "by" in "by faith alone" intends to state the instrumental means (faith) of justification. The reason why faith is the only appropriate instrument is due to the fact that it is passive and empty in the act of receiving. Including "repentant" in the act of believing unto righteousness adds an active and contributive grace into the instrument and overturns the very principle of "faith alone". The same applies to any adjective which is supplied to faith in the act of justification, e.g., obedient faith, persevering faith, and so on.

Some will say "salvation is a simple matter of believing but believing is no simple matter."

For if faith were nothing more than knowledge and assent it would be an easy process of education, but faith includes the element of trust. Note there are three elements of genuine faith: knowledge, assent, trust. Consider the analogy of the chair:

I can know the chair is there, I can appreciate its workmanship, and its function.
I can believe the chair will support my weight, and that it will be comfortable.
But until I rest my body upon the chair, I have not really trusted it to hold me.

When we trust we are laying one's life and well-being upon another. Consequently, because a person has subjected himself to the all sufficient and complete Savior of sinners, true faith contains all the means for the complete transformation of the individual.

AMR

moparguy

Some will say "salvation is a simple matter of believing but believing is no simple matter."

For if faith were nothing more than knowledge and assent it would be an easy process of education,...

Eh ... I don't believe that what the bible has to say about man as we are "in adam" would allow this.

We are not able to do anything pleasing to God, and one of the things specifically listed as pleasing to God is believing the gospel; and romans 3 teaches that nobody seeks God.

It wouldn't be an easy process of education - it would be an impossible case. The unregenerate man is categorically incapable of either understanding the gospel, or assenting to the truth of it. The furthest I could see an unregnerate getting is understanding the gospel but rejecting it. Bernard shaw, if memory serves, might be an example of it. We give ourselves too much credit if we say natural man, in adam, could have saving faith if saving faith didn't include more than understanding of and assent to the gospel.

Allowing the biblical anthropology to inform us on this topic gives us a key tool to being able to discern who adds works to saving faith/belief specifically on the topic of justification.

When we trust we are laying one's life and well-being upon another. Consequently, because a person has subjected himself to the all sufficient and complete Savior of sinners, true faith contains all the means for the complete transformation of the individual.

AMR

Faith contains the means for transformation? Perhaps wouldn't it be clearer to say that those whom God has given saving faith have also been given the means of sanctification? The faith being the "mere instrument" of justification, not justifying in and of itself, and all the other graces and works that follow are not in or of faith, but rather of necessity follow after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.