Theology Club: Acts 28 Teaching?

SaulToPaul 2

then you isolate a scripture and assert that somehow STP's "teachings"
are Acts 28. btw, tell me what the Acts 28 community believe precisely. exactly what does an Acts 28er believe ?

An Acts 28'er believes that there were two bodies of Christ. And the last 7 letters Paul wrote are for the second Body, which is us.

The fact that the Romans were not yet saved, but Paul wrote the letter as if they were, full of Body doctrine, does not mean that I believe there were two bodies of Christ.

Not sure where Jerry came up with that one.

Danoh

Fact is, the 28ers do not believe there are two bodies, rather; that is what most who hold to Mid-Acts understand them as holding when looking at the 28ers' view from what ever our own happens to be.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Fact is, the 28ers do not believe there are two bodies, rather; that is what most who hold to Mid-Acts understand them as holding when looking at the 28ers' view from what ever our own happens to be.
That's odd of you to say as you told me this in pm to correct my understanding that they believe there are two bodies. The funny thing is, you show they believe there are two bodies. oops.

Actually, they believe that another Body (this is theirunderstanding of Ephesians 3's Mystery) began after Acts 28.

That the first Body is what Romans 16's Mystery is about - a Prophesied Body.

Danoh

That's odd of you to say as you told me this in pm to correct my understanding that they believe there are two bodies. The funny thing is, you show they believe there are two bodies. oops.

I have already explained elsewhere on here that is how we within Mid-Acts see their (Acts 28) view - from within our own.

I have also, in the past, on TOL, related that I often try to look at things from several perspectives at the same time - from, say, where the Apostle Paul appears to be looking at things from (based on certain kinds of questions I ask as to that), also, from where I am looking at things from, and this, as I at the same time step back to observe myself observing where I am looking at things from.

It is not much of a stretch from that to then do the same with the words, understandings, and or actions of others through the recurrent pattern of said words and or actions.

DAN P

STP says that these words were written to the church at Rome before they became members of the Body of Christ:
QUOTE]

Hi and there is ONLY one way that could be true IF the ROME believers had not yet known about BODY truth , until receiving PAUL'S letter letting them know there was a Body of Christ !!

You are OFF the hook IF that was your take !!

Stay off the Dark side !!

DAN P

SaulToPaul 2

Hi and there is ONLY one way that could be true IF the ROME believers had not yet known about BODY truth , until receiving PAUL'S letter letting them know there was a Body of Christ !!

Dan P the Great,

That is exactly what I believe. I can come to none other conclusion.

Jerry Shugart

The fact that the Romans were not yet saved, but Paul wrote the letter as if they were, full of Body doctrine, does not mean that I believe there were two bodies of Christ.

Not sure where Jerry came up with that one.

First of all, I never said anything about two Bodies of Christ.

Here Paul speaks of one "body" which you say is not the Body of Christ":

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:4-5).​

So according to you this "one Body in Christ" is not the Body of Christ.

So when we add the "one body in Christ" to the "Body of Christ" we come up with a sum total of two bodies.

According to your ideas there is a body in Christ and there is also a Body of Christ.

Jerry Shugart

There were other ways and that was by hearing that truth preached by others:

"Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ" (Ro.16:3-5).​

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
First of all, I never said anything about two Bodies of Christ.

Here Paul speaks of one "body" which you say is not the Body of Christ":

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:4-5).​

So according to you this "one Body in Christ" is not the Body of Christ.

So when we add the "one body in Christ" to the "Body of Christ" we come up with a sum total of two bodies.

According to your ideas there is a body in Christ and there is also a Body of Christ.

jerry, again Paul is telling them what they WILL be when they hear his gospel and understand it. Romans 2:29 KJV -

Jerry Shugart

Nope. It is the Body of Christ.

So both are the Body of Christ despite the fact that you said those at Rome were not in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote these words:

Once again, according to you at the time when Paul wrote those words those in the church at Rome were not in the Body of Christ.

Therefore, if you are right then the "body in Christ" mentioned at Romans 12:15 cannot possibly be the Body of Christ.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

jerry, again Paul is telling them what they WILL be when they hear his gospel and understand it. Romans 2:29 KJV -

Then quote him saying that.

And tell me how it is possible that those in the church at Romewere not saved despite the fact that Paul told them this:

"And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement" (Ro.5:11).​

Danoh

That is actually a function of how one approaches looking at these things to begin with, as they attempt to solve for obvious problems.

And the fact of the matter is that there are different camps due to that.

And if we are actually going to understand another's view, then the thing to do is to try to walk in their shoes; to try solve for things from another's view.

See what ends up still standing.

Most do not do that; they only see what they see as holes through their own view.

I would suggest you each walk a mile in the other's perspective.

Not only will you both actually better understand each other's view, but that is what "our pattern" ended up having to do.

Acts 26:

9. I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth.

DAN P

There were other ways and that was by hearing that truth preached by others:

"Greet Priscilla and Aquila my helpers in Christ Jesus: Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. Likewise greet the church that is in their house. Salute my well-beloved Epaenetus, who is the firstfruits of Achaia unto Christ" (Ro.16:3-5).​

Hi and we do know that there were others beside Paul , like Barnabas , Judas and Silas Mark and Timothy !!

Paul was prevented to go to ROME as Rom 1:13 says and Paul wanted FRUIT among the Remaining Gentiles !!

Then the Holy Spirit had Paul write the letter of Roman , so that they would know God's will for them concerning the MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 as Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Then the Holy Spirit had Paul write the letter of Roman , so that they would know God's will for them concerning the MYSTERY in Rom 16:25 as Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles !!

Do you agree that there were other ways for those in the church at Rome to hear the gospel message and that was by hearing that truth preached by others in Rome?:

After all, Priscilla and Aquila were very capable of expounding on the things of God:

"And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly" (Acts 18:26).​

glorydaz

Do you agree that there were other ways for those in the church at Rome to hear the gospel message and that was by hearing that truth preached by others in Rome?:

After all, Priscilla and Aquila were very capable of expounding on the things of God:

"And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly" (Acts 18:26).​

Did Priscilla and Aquila write it down so we could all read it years later? :think: