Theology Club: Acts 28 Teaching?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I have already explained elsewhere on here that is how we within Mid-Acts see their (Acts 28) view - from within our own.
It sure appears to me by your quote in private that you understand them to believe there are two bodies, but then respond in the thread that they don't. I'm just trying to get your story straight as you seem to be giving conflicting reports. Now, you're saying it's how "we" understand what they believe, but in the pm you said, it is what "they" believe:

Actually, they believe that another Body (this is theirunderstanding of Ephesians 3's Mystery) began after Acts 28.

That the first Body is what Romans 16's Mystery is about - a Prophesied Body.

and then in the thread, you say this.

Fact is, the 28ers do not believe there are two bodies, rather; that is what most who hold to Mid-Acts understand them as holding when looking at the 28ers' view from what ever our own happens to be.
Which is it?

DAN P

It sure appears to me by your quote in private that you understand them to believe there are two bodies, but then respond in the thread that they don't. I'm just trying to get your story straight as you seem to be giving conflicting reports. Now, you're saying it's how "we" understand what they believe, but in the pm you said, it is what "they" believe:

and then in the thread, you say this.

Which is it?

Hi and at one time we had 2 Acts 28 and I saw them bend so that they could take the Lord's supper in our assembly , so they can be brought !!

dan p

Danoh

Heir, do you recall over a month ago when I related elsewhere that although I hold to Mid-Acts, at the same time, I do not, that I leave it at the door, as I go into the Scripture afresh each time?

That the reason I hold to Mid-Acts is because I still find it intact when I come away from my studies.

Do you recall that Tetelestai then tried to use that against other of my words out of his failure to understand where I am coming from to assert that I am confused?

This is something like that.

Kind of like the Apostle Paul's own version of "when in Rome, do as the Romans do."

"Become all things to all men," allows one to see all men from where they are each coming from, more or less.

Its just me.

As a kid I was always, and am even now, as equally at home with a great action movie as I am with a great "chick flick."

I'm just weird that way - I tend try to see all things from all sides.

Cause I'm so darned curious about all sides.

Admittedly, the more serious a person is, the more the clown in me can't help but come out and quip this or that.

My own friends will say, I love a good prank, even when its on me.

Anyway, hope this long wind results in a clear breeze, sis.

Jerry Shugart

Nope. It is the Body of Christ.

So both are the Body of Christ despite the fact that you said those at Rome were not in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote these words:

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:4-5).​

Once again, according to you at the time when Paul wrote those words those in the church at Rome were not in the Body of Christ.

Therefore, if you are right then the "body in Christ" mentioned at Romans 12:15 cannot possibly be the Body of Christ.

glorydaz

I'm just weird that way - I tend try to see all things from all sides.

Cause I'm so darned curious about all sides.

LOL Just be careful you're not so curious you start seeing sides that aren't sides.....like a six sided room that really only has four walls and four corners. A change in paint or texture can appear to be another side when it's not. ;)

glorydaz

So both are the Body of Christ despite the fact that you said those at Rome were not in the Body of Christ when Paul wrote these words:

"For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office: So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another" (Ro.12:4-5).​

Once again, according to you at the time when Paul wrote those words those in the church at Rome were not in the Body of Christ.

Therefore, if you are right then the "body in Christ" mentioned at Romans 12:15 cannot possibly be the Body of Christ.

This one, on the other hand, can walk into a room and only see one side....the wall he happens to be facing. :chuckle:

Danoh

LOL Just be careful you're not so curious you start seeing sides that aren't sides.....like a six sided room that really only has four walls and four corners. A change in paint or texture can appear to be another side when it's not. ;)

Lol,

Where I am coming from on this is my sense of the Apostle Paul's "all things to all men, that I might win some..."

My sense of that is the issue of attempting to see another's side from where they are looking at things from, not from where I see things from, alone.

Believe it or not, I learned that from a Mormon friend.

He was sharing with me his sense of "Do unto others as ye would have them do unto you."

He related he had come to understand its actual sense from his dealings with his wife.

How that, his understanding was that, say, she had brought him a cup of his favorite ice cream flavor: vanilla.

That he should first find out what her own, favorite flavor was.

Of course, I, ever loving a moment left open for a nice, fat juicy quip, replied, "Yeah, I can see how that might be an important distinction as a polygamist, lol."

His wife about had a cow; she laughed so hard.

But its the above that allows this kind of rapport between people - when both sides are willing to "become all things to all men."

Its not compromise - they well know I believe theirs is "another Jesus" and hear about it.

The door has remained open for more than just ice cream.

Hmmm, is Reader's Digest still around, lol

DAN P

There were other ways and that was by hearing that truth preached by others:
ENT]

Hi and us you know it is PAUL that was receiving CONTINUOUS REVELATIONS concerning the MYSTERY which are many , like 2 Cor 12:1 and 7 and Eph 3:3 and many other verses !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and us you know it is PAUL that was receiving CONTINUOUS REVELATIONS concerning the MYSTERY which are many , like 2 Cor 12:1 and 7 and Eph 3:3 and many other verses !!

dan p

Consider that if such is the case, then why is just about everything Paul writes of later in Ephesians and Colossians found sprinkled throughout his earlier Epistles (Galatians, 1 and 2 Corinthians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, and Romans). More in some than in others.

It appears later revelations were more the finer details or distinctions, of what he had received earlier.

Danoh

Originally Posted by DAN P
Hi and there is ONLY one way that could be true IF the ROME believers had not yet known about BODY truth , until receiving PAUL'S letter letting them know there was a Body of Christ !!

Dan P the Great,

That is exactly what I believe. I can come to none other conclusion.

Brother, a brain buster for you :)....you cannot hold to that and at the same time hold to the KJVO position.

Not when you weigh out a point you assert about each that actually cancels out one of those two positions.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lol,

Where I am coming from on this is my sense of the Apostle Paul's "all things to all men, that I might win some..."

My sense of that is the issue of attempting to see another's side from where they are looking at things from, not from where I see things from, alone.
It was Paul who "became as a" that he might save some.

1 Corinthians 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

There were those two ministries running side by side during Acts. Paul "became as" /did some very Jewish things during that time to save some (1 Corinthians 9:22 KJV). I don't think it's an exhortation for us today. I mean, we don't need to shave our head to take a vow (Acts 18:18 KJV) or have others circumcised (Acts 16:3 KJV) that we might save some now, do we (1 Corinthians 1:22 KJV)?

heir

TOL Subscriber
I would suggest you each walk a mile in the other's perspective.
I don't think this good advice. I believe that is how people depart the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils (1 Timothy 4:1 KJV).

I don't need to walk a mile in a Mormon's religion or a JW, or a CoC to preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

I don't need to (nor was I ever told to) study the counterfeit, but the authentic as IT throughly furnishes me (2 Timothy 3:16-17 KJV).

Danoh

Believe me, sis, they know my intent going in.

Without that, hidden agenda issues then become an issue.

A consistent A9D allows quickly knowing a another's view before they spout very much of it.

Lol, if you believe in breaking down a door and saying "here's the truth; now shut up and believe it," well, have at it, o passionate one. I'm sure there is a place for such a soapbox somewhere :)

heir

TOL Subscriber
Lol, if you believe in breaking down a door and saying "here's the truth; now shut up and believe it," well, have at it, o passionate one. I'm sure there is a place for such a soapbox somewhere :)
That's what you got out of my post.

:sigh:

Speaking the truth in love does not require damaged doors

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

2 Timothy 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

2 Timothy 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

Ephesians 4:15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Ephesians 4:16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.