Actually Loving One's Neighbors As One Loves Themself.

Jenkins

This is the Second Commandment verified by Jesus in Mark 12:31. It specifies that true Followers of Christ are to go further than mere tokenism when they encounter someone in significant need. The example would be in The Parable of the Good Samaritan found in Luke 10:25-37.

The problem today in doing such is that we are easily surrounded by people in dire straits. The Homeless, the ill with no family, the illegal immigrants desperate for mere survival, the victims of bigotry, the civilians in War, those within natural disasters. It is literally impossible for any person to meet the physical needs they see each day.

For someone to try to state they love all of their neighbors as they love themself is utter falsehood. The most anyone can do is give their money or time to churches and parachurch organizations.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
This is the Second Commandment verified by Jesus in Mark 12:31. It specifies that true Followers of Christ are to go further than mere tokenism when they encounter someone in significant need. The example would be in The Parable of the Good Samaritan found in Luke 10:25-37.

The problem today in doing such is that we are easily surrounded by people in dire straits. The Homeless, the ill with no family, the illegal immigrants desperate for mere survival, the victims of bigotry, the civilians in War, those within natural disasters. It is literally impossible for any person to meet the physical needs they see each day.

For someone to try to state they love all of their neighbors as they love themself is utter falsehood. The most anyone can do is give their money or time to churches and parachurch organizations.
This is especially true for people who have their own spouse and children.

Bradley D

Can you give some examples of your mercy and charity which reflect that of the First Century Church?
As a recovered alcoholic I would take AA meetings into prisons. I also like giving to organizations that help the poor and needy. As I just wrote I have a big filipino family. A lot of poverty there. I give to my daughter to try to help others out. My dear departed wife loved the family and her neighbor. We would help others when we could. Lived in the Philippines from 2006-2019. I am just a old retired enlisted Navy vet. I appreciate that God saved me from alcoholism. I believe in mercy and charity (agape).

Jenkins

Yes. As a Grandfather of a Filipino family (large family) I am still able to have mercy and charity (agape) for others. Give what I can. Scripture does not tell me to deny my family.
What would be examples of your mercy and charity to them?

Jenkins

As a recovered alcoholic I would take AA meetings into prisons. I also like giving to organizations that help the poor and needy. As I just wrote I have a big filipino family. A lot of poverty there. I give to my daughter to try to help others out. My dear departed wife loved the family and her neighbor. We would help others when we could. Lived in the Philippines from 2006-2019. I am just a old retired enlisted Navy vet. I appreciate that God saved me from alcoholism. I believe in mercy and charity (agape).
Sounds good.

marke

Yes. As a Grandfather of a Filipino family (large family) I am still able to have mercy and charity (agape) for others. Give what I can. Scripture does not tell me to deny my family.
I am close friends with some Filipino pastors and was responsible for bringing a Filipino pastor and family into the US 16 years ago. I still support his brother and another pastor in the Philippines. The pastor brother of the family who immigrated here is named Eduardo Cabal.

marke

Sounds like you may have been stationed on Subic Naval base at one time. My pastor friend pastors Adullam Bible Baptist Church in Palanginan.Iba.

marke

Can you give some examples of your mercy and charity which reflect that of the First Century Church?
I can reflect on the Love of Jesus even if God's love is not always what humans think it should be.

Mark 7

25 For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:

26 The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.

28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.

PureX

Or, they could begin to acknowledge that they are living in and participating in a social and economic system that favors the rich and greedy, while it exploits the poor downtrodden. A system that rewards us for turning our heads and blaming the the victims so that we can pretend it won;t happen to us. Until it does.

And then having acknowledged that we are participants is such an unfair and callous system, we can begin to agitate for change. For more fairness and shared opportunity, and for a greater sharing of the wealth. And most of all for a system that stops rewarding greed and selfishness above all else.