almost comical how posters throw Hell at each other...

republicanchick

Yeh, it's bizarre how many times people h ere have said "You are going to Hell" or something akin to that

as if they had some monopoly on such knowledge, which MY Church teaches is known only to ... hello, hello! God!

God is the only one who knows without question WHO is in Hell and who is not. sometimes it is revealed to some human or another through some divine inspiration who is in Heaven or Hell, but for the most part we just don't know, much less do we "know" who is ON HIS WAY there...

so i just wish this unchristian stuff would stop already... it sounds (IS) presumptious and i think most of us would agree that presumption is ODIUS

Happy New Year!

:party::Christine:tunes::coffee::upright::nori:

we are all on our way to Hell BTW.

:cool:

Doom

God is the only one who knows without question WHO is in Hell and who is not. sometimes it is revealed to some human or another through some divine inspiration who is in Heaven or Hell, but for the most part we just don't know, much less do we "know" who is ON HIS WAY there...

:confused:

musterion

Your church still has official anathemas on the books cursing Bible only believers. So you want to step back from the mic and think about this a minute?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Your church still has official anathemas on the books cursing Bible only believers. So you want to step back from the mic and think about this a minute?

it is true we have a lot on the books
but
that is our job
to protect the truth
against so many heresies
so
when was the last time you heard a catholic tell you
that
you were going to hell?

musterion

I don't need some anonymous Catholic to tell me anything. Trent and your magisterium have already spoken for you. You can ignore that fact but you can't deny it and you dare not attempt to refute it.

Doom

when was the last time you heard a catholic tell you
that
you were going to hell?

If any one denieth, that, in the sacrament of the most holy Eucharist, are contained truly, really, and substantially, the body and blood together with the soul and divinity of our Lord Jesus Christ, and consequently the whole Christ; but saith that He is only therein as in a sign, or in figure, or virtue; let him be anathema.

If any one saith, that, in the sacred and holy sacrament of the Eucharist, the substance of the bread and wine remains conjointly with the body and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, and denieth that wonderful and singular conversion of the whole substance of the bread into the Body, and of the whole substance of the wine into the Blood-the species Only of the bread and wine remaining-which conversion indeed the Catholic Church most aptly calls Transubstantiation; let him be anathema.

How about if I call it the substance of demons?

musterion

In matters of faith and morals, the bishops speak in the name of Christ and the faithful are to accept their teaching and adhere to it with a religious assent. This religious submission of mind and will must be shown in a special way to the authentic magisterium of the Roman Pontiff, even when he is not speaking ex cathedra; that is, it must be shown in such a way that his supreme magisterium is acknowledged with reverence, the judgments made by him are sincerely adhered to, according to his manifest mind and will.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_...s/vat-ii_const_19641121_lumen-gentium_en.html

That means you are required to agree with Rome's anathemas against whomever Rome hurls them. Namely...us.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Knowing the terror of the Lord, we warn others.
:up:

2 Corinthians 5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Some people think their faith gives them a free pass to act like a jerk. Sorry, that's the way it is. Ignore 'em and don't even bother pitying them.:idunno:

Doom

Some people think their faith gives them a free pass to act like a jerk. Sorry, that's the way it is. Ignore 'em and don't even bother pitying them.:idunno:

Since you don't have faith, where did you get your free pass?

journey

Those who currently reject the Gospel of the Grace of God are on their way to hell, and Christians don't do them any favor by not telling them. In fact, Christians do unbelievers a great disservice by withholding from them the Gospel of the Grace of God:

Romans 10:17 KJV So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Romans 10:8-10 KJV But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV 1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Ephesians 2:8-10 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Titus 3:4-7 KJV But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

musterion

Speaking of Catholics being unable to disagree with their pope, this will go over like cat crap on a wedding cake.

Da pope to issue encyclical edict on "climate change"

Following a visit in March to Tacloban, the Philippine city devastated in 2012 by typhoon Haiyan, the pope will publish a rare encyclical on climate change and human ecology. Urging all Catholics to take action on moral and scientific grounds, the document will be sent to the world’s 5,000 Catholic bishops and 400,000 priests, who will distribute it to parishioners.

In related news, the Vatican is about to be painted green.

journey

This is a very odd statement coming from an atheist. If there's any pity, it should be directed toward you.

oatmeal

Yeh, it's bizarre how many times people h ere have said "You are going to Hell" or something akin to that

as if they had some monopoly on such knowledge, which MY Church teaches is known only to ... hello, hello! God!

so i just wish this unchristian stuff would stop already... it sounds (IS) presumptious and i think most of us would agree that presumption is ODIUS

Happy New Year!

:party::Christine:tunes::coffee::upright::nori:

:cool:

Is is slapstick humorous

Some blacks like to use the race card.

some Christians like to use the "hell card"

Some Jews like the "anti-semite" card.

Some Christians like to use the "cult card"

I wonder many cards there are in this deck?

Evidently, scripture seems to take second or third place or simply drops out of the picture all together.

I am going to use the "what a disgrace to God and His word" card here.