almost comical how posters throw Hell at each other...

musterion

Well is Jesus the mediator BETWEEN men and God, or not.

Do you go straight to the Father or do you have a relationship with His Son and He intercedes for you.

LA

Our being in the Son gives us free, bold and uninterrupted access before His Father as our own Father.

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

What's your access to God like? Glitchy, I bet, depending on your confessions?

Doom

Well is Jesus the mediator BETWEEN men and God, or not.
Jesus is the mediator between God and man. 2 Cor 5:18-19

Do you go straight to the Father or do you have a relationship with His Son and He intercedes for you.
The mediation between God and myself was completed when I was baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. The intercession is perpetual. Heb 7:25

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Our being in the Son gives us free, bold and uninterrupted access before His Father as our own Father.

What's your access to God like? Glitchy, I bet, depending on your confessions?

You reveal you do not have uninterrupted access to the Father directly because you are not a Hebrew you say--

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Do you say you are in the new covenant?

You claim it is only for the Jews if you are MAD.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the mediator between God and man. 2 Cor 5:18-19

The mediation between God and myself was completed when I was baptized by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ. The intercession is perpetual. Heb 7:25

You are still a man of the first creation who needs intercession between yourself and the Father as necessary until the resurrection.

Due to possible sin, and for other reasons.

All things have not become new in you yet.

LA

Granite

Hall of Fame
This is a very odd statement coming from an atheist. If there's any pity, it should be directed toward you.

Hmm...weird, considering things are aces. (Great Christmas, good life, and my Pats have a first-round bye in the playoffs. Ya know, just good stuff.)

And trust me, the "pity" of Christians towards non-believers is anything but. When it comes to the armchair sadism and borderline sociopathy of many Christians here the best response is simply no response at all. Their words speak for themselves.

Doom

You are still a man of the first creation who needs intercession between yourself and the Father as necessary until the resurrection.
I am in Christ, seated at the right hand of God.

Due to possible sin, and for other reasons.
Nope.

All things have not become new in you yet.
I'm only awaiting the redemption of my body which is dead because of sin. My spirit is alive because of righteousness. Those in Christ will never be more righteous, holy, or blameless than they are right now.

musterion

You reveal you do not have uninterrupted access to the Father directly because you are not a Hebrew you say--

Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Do you say you are in the new covenant?

You claim it is only for the Jews if you are MAD.

LA

:plain:

I didn't quote the letter to the Hebrews.

I quoted Paul's letter to the Philippians. Chapter 4, verse 6.

You clearly didn't know there's a difference.

You're good at cut and paste but when it comes to actually knowing the Word...you are unskilled.

republicanchick

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Have you?

have I what?

been saved?

salvation is a ongoing process that does not end at death for most of us

only the very holy get to go straight to Heaven

:juggle::sigh:

republicanchick

Your church still has official anathemas on the books cursing Bible only believers. So you want to step back from the mic and think about this a minute?

if you believe the Bible alone can save you, you are WRONG, so I don't have a problem with the anathemas. Truth doesn't change

God doesn't change

:cool:

republicanchick

I don't need some anonymous Catholic to tell me anything. Trent and your magisterium have already spoken for you. You can ignore that fact but you can't deny it and you dare not attempt to refute it.

if people would just pay attn. to Trent, they would enter Christ's true Church (smart ones would), so no prob w/ Trent

again Truth doesn't change.

++

republicanchick

it is true we have a lot on the books
but
that is our job
to protect the truth
against so many heresies
so
when was the last time you heard a catholic tell you
that
you were going to hell?

one did that to me, clowningly. But it made me start thinking. I mean, you know, we should always wonder about such, never take it for granted we are on our way to Heaven. B/c really, how do we know for sure? We may be overlooking terrible sin w/in ourselves that WILL take us to Hell if we don't give it up

I think Mortal sin needs to be thoroughly defined... b/c it is not just adultery and abortion and fornication. A lifetime of accepting "little" sins can be very... um... bad

+

oatmeal

Most cults use the "Jesus is not God" card.

People who actually read scripture so as to learn truth use the, "I read it and believe what I read, therefore I know that that trinity is a lie and Jesus is not God" card.

Jesus is not God the Son, where do you read "God the Son" in scripture?

Trins use the "so what if it is not in scripture, I learned it from RCC so it must be true" card

republicanchick

People who actually read scripture so as to learn truth use the, "I read it and believe what I read, therefore I know that that trinity is a lie and Jesus is not God" card.

Jesus is not God the Son, where do you read "God the Son" in scripture?

Trins use the "so what if it is not in scripture, I learned it from RCC so it must be true" card

well, then those trins are using their head 4 more than a hat rack. Good for them.

Jesus is God

"He who has seen Me has seen the Father"

"I and the Father are one"

"In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God"

++