America, land of the free and the home of the cowards?

Tinark

c_fit%2Ch_1564%2Cq_80%2Cw_880%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fimages-origin.playboy.com%2Fogz4nxetbde6%2F61D9FpwRlmyqeQKig2Y4KO%2F1ae5daa3dfe6af0657c722cbf5ef2ec8%2Fmain.jpg

Even 4-year-old Syrian orphans are too dangerous to welcome to the United States, says New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. What sort of man turns away desperate orphans out of fear? Christie’s words and actions are shameful and unbecoming of a great nation—as are those of 25 other governors who said they will work to keep Syrian refugees from moving to their state. Is America no longer the home of the brave?

Since 9/11 we have been told many times that our nation is at war. Our troops understand, and they have fought bravely whenever and wherever they have been called upon. Not once have they backed down or refused the call. Yet, when faced with the risk of orphan refugees, some of our leaders protest that the risk is too great. How can we ask so much of our troops but so little of ourselves?

Yet Hungary has accepted 18,800 refugees, far more than the United States, which has to date accepted only about 1,800 refugees. Even tiny Denmark, with less than 1/50th the population of the United States, has welcomed nearly ten times as many refugees as has the “land of the free and the home of the brave.” Are Americans less brave than the Canadians? Are we less generous than the Danes?

Welcoming more refugees is not only an act of compassion, it’s also good foreign policy. The fear that ISIS is trying to instill in the West is not simply a fear of ISIS but a fear of all Muslims. The tiny terror cult believes that by driving a wedge between Muslims and the West it will convince the world that it represents all Muslims. When politicians like Gov. Christie brand an orphan Muslim child as an object to be feared, they are helping to spread the message that ISIS wants to be heard. Welcoming Syrian refugees strikes a blow against the barbaric caliphate in Raqqa by uniting us all in common cause against our true enemy.

Unacceptable link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
wouldn't it be better to help them stabilize their own country so they can live there safely?

PureX

I don't think Christie is a coward. I think he's pandering to the cowards that he thinks he needs to vote for him if he want to win the White House. And if that means turning away orphans, so be it.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Don't let anything fool you, I see a great siege going on right now against Christianity. The Left Wing has been using what's called the 'Lemon Test' to force the Supreme Court to take absolutely anything Christian out of all public establishments.
There's a historic iconoclasm going on right now- I feel like I'm the only one that takes that as seriously as it should.

And for a country that is allegedly 78% Christian- I feel that maybe it is 'the land of the cowards'. I feel like American Christians are masquerading timidity as holiness.