And, then, the lights came back on...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, Hurricane Ike hit southeastern Indiana with a bang. We had 75 mph winds. Our power went out around 3:30 PM, Sunday, September 14. My power finally came back on today, September 18, around 12:30 PM. According to my electric company, 22,000 families in seven counties were without power due to the winds breaking electric poles. I was on the verge of losing a freezer full of meat (one more day would have melted all of the ice build-up in my freezer).

On top of all of that, last night, I was out driving to help get rid of boredom from having no computer, no television, and no radio. I was about three miles from my house when I smelled burning rubber and my engine died. The good thing is that there's a mechanic about a mile from where my van died. The bad thing is that I have to get someone to take me to my van to wait for the tow truck and then take me twenty-five miles to cash a check to pay for any repairs. And, I can't give them gas money until after I cash the check. I will be without a vehicle until my van is fixed, now. I'm hoping that it doesn't take too long to do it. I'm going to have to take my daughter to job interviews next week or work if one of the places she's already interviewed at calls her.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
It's so crazy that Ike made it that far inland. I guess the east Texas coast doesn't know how to break up a hurricane like the south Texas coast.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When I saw how big it was, I knew that we'd get some of the rain. But, I wasn't expecting the wind we got.