another gay thread, cause I know u all love it!

heartless_Adam

Is it just me, or does homosexuality get talked about more than anything on this sight? (With the possible exception of Christ, God etc) :p

with everything thats going on in the world, it just does not seem that big of a deal, yet looking over the forums the same bunch of arguments seem to be forever flying back and forth.

just out of interest, has anyone ever come to this sight with one opinion on the matter and had it changed one way or the other?

heartless_Adam

Also, out of interest, is there anyone on this sight that was once gay but... i don't know...prayed it out or whatever the Hell it is your meant to do.

If there are any ex-gays on here, do you ever find the inclings stirring up again occasionally, or were you actually able to completely stop?

Mr Fields

Yep, there's a lot of things to talk about other than homosexuality. Personally, I think that bad spelling and grammar are sending the world to hell faster than homosexuality ever could. :chuckle:

heartless_Adam

lol, actually i'm dyspraxic, I can't help it bud. But congratulations for finding something even pettier than homosexuality to pick on. YOU THE MAN.

Daniel50

heartless_Adam said:
Is it just me, or does homosexuality get talked about more than anything on this sight? (With the possible exception of Christ, God etc) :p

with everything thats going on in the world, it just does not seem that big of a deal, yet looking over the forums the same bunch of arguments seem to be forever flying back and forth.

just out of interest, has anyone ever come to this sight with one opinion on the matter and had it changed one way or the other?

I think this particular subject thoroughly discussed here in TOL.

Mr Fields

Thanks, I try! :devil:

I was really picking tongue-in-cheek, but bad spelling does drive me nuts, usually. I earn part of my living as a writer, but God knows I'm less than perfect myself...

heartless_Adam

Fair enough, lol. there's alot of people on this sight that go about picking rubbish fights so i just assumed you were having a go.

Sorry if it sounded like i was getting my knives out mate.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it just me, or does homosexuality get talked about more than anything on this sight?
Let's see... I have an idea! :idea: I will poke fun at this website by accusing them of having too many threads about homosexuality and I will do so by starting a thread about homosexuality! :rolleyes:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
noneoftheabove said:
how often did Jesus mention it?
noneoftheabove,

Have you noticed that there aren't a lot of threads about bestiality here at TOL? Why do you suppose that is? Can you venture a guess?

heartless_Adam

Knight said:
Let's see... I have an idea! :idea: I will poke fun at this website by accusing them of having too many threads about homosexuality and I will do so by starting a thread about homosexuality! :rolleyes:

Lol, I don't really see what u mean bud. How was i poking fun? wasn't I just making a point? The point I was making was it just aint worth caring about when there's so much worse in the world sending it to hell.

heartless_Adam

Turbo said:
noneoftheabove,

Have you noticed that there aren't a lot of threads about bestiality here at TOL? Why do you suppose that is? Can you venture a guess?

You make a good point my friend. Why do you suppose that is. I'm interested to hear what you think, i aint taking a swing at this web sight.

heartless_Adam

Knight said:

Oh yeah, and the other thing i wanted to get out of this thread was to see if there was anyone on hear that could vouch for the 'praying out the gay' theory.

'Accusing them of having too many gay threads'. lol whose accusing? it's a matter of fact. it's right there in front of you mate.

making fun of everyone by accusing u all of starting too many gay threads? hmmm... I only wish i was that funny.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
heartless_Adam said:
You make a good point my friend. Why do you suppose that is. I'm interested to hear what you think, i aint taking a swing at this web sight.
I'll wait for noneoftheabove to take a crack at it first.

HerodionRomulus

noneoftheabove said:
how often did Jesus mention it?

Never once.
But adultery, divorce, honesty, poverty, sickness, imperialism, religious hypocrisy, oppression and more things never condemned here WERE often the target of Jesus.

In fact, mentioning that a favorite talking head around here has committed divorce and adultery(according to the standard of Jesus) can earn you threats of banning.

They hate some sinners but others are praised.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
HerodionRomulus said:
Never once.
But adultery, divorce, honesty, poverty, sickness, imperialism, religious hypocrisy, oppression and more things never condemned here WERE often the target of Jesus.
I assume you meant dishonesty, and yes, we do condemn that around here. Your post, for instance, is dishonest and I rebuke you for it.

Adultery and hypocrisy (religious or otherwise) are routinely condemned here. Like homosexual acts, adultery ought to be a capital crime. And who have you seen approve of oppressing the innocent?

Whether divorce is sinful depends on the circumstances:
[jesus] But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.[/jesus]Matthew 5:32​

As for poverty and sickness, neither is sinful, and Jesus never condemned anyone for being poor or sick.

And who exactly are you accusing of being pro-imperialism?

In fact, mentioning that a favorite talking head around here has committed divorce and adultery(according to the standard of Jesus) can earn you threats of banning.
The "talking head" in question openly confesses that he committed adultery which led to divorce. He even has a video about it.

You might want to check out Divorce and Remarriage and God and the Death Penalty while you're at it.

They hate some sinners but others are praised.
Do you regard homosexuality as sinful?

I never see you decrying divorce except for when you're sticking up for homosexuals, and this post is but another example.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
noneoftheabove,

HerodionRomulus,
Feel free to take a crack at these questions.

FriendofTomO

The "Gay Thing"

The "Gay Thing"

:ha:

Hello all, I am new here and I would like to say to "Heartless_Adam" and anyone else that share his opinion on homosexuality and to answer his questionis anyone here ever been gay, or is gay or trying not to be gay here".(if your seriously asking)...my answer is yes to all of the above. I feel that the Topic should be discussed if it is ref. to praying for the Lost or those still struggling with such a sin, because allthough alot of people exaust the subject, they rarely offer solution to the problem in their conversation....I am not saying that is the case of anyone here for I am new so I don't know, but your thread caught my attention right away, sadly but truly upon reading it I realized that your obvious Love of Christ for the Lost obviously shows little concern for subjects you have no interest in....( I didn't know that we were only called to be wittnesses and reach out to those in strugle when we feel the subject matter is worth our time) I personally struggle with this sin and let me inform you, I need all the conversation about it that I can get if it will aid me in drawing a step closer to victory over it.....I do not know if you are familiar with "AA"" meetings but they are very repetive in their 12 step program, sometimes the individual may stay on one step for months or even yrs, and they, often repeat the same slogans over and over at meetings, yet thousands have been helped to get and stay sober by these methods....would you dare to say that those steps or slogans are talked about to often or to much???? Also Suppose I was not as grounded as I am in the Lord and not in the process of overcoming my struggle with homosexuality or maybe a new christian just viewing this forum for the first time and I saw this thread, It may hurt me or even worse cause me to turn from God and give up on the idea that of being a christian!!! And the saddess part of all is that this is a theology Forum , you guys are supposed to be the smart ones....! And in ref to "herodionRomulous" I guess you forgot to reade Romans chapter 1 It mentions women leaving the men for unatural afections with other women and visa versa!Again, I thought this was a theology forum, you guys are supposed to know the scripture!

Last edited by a moderator: