another gay thread, cause I know u all love it!

Evee

heartless_Adam said:
Also, out of interest, is there anyone on this sight that was once gay but... i don't know...prayed it out or whatever the Hell it is your meant to do.

If there are any ex-gays on here, do you ever find the inclings stirring up again occasionally, or were you actually able to completely stop?
I have wondered this also actually I think very few change.
Not because God can't change them but because they don't want to change.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
FriendofTomO said:
:ha:

Hello all, I am new here and I would like to say to "Heartless_Adam" and anyone else that share his opinion on homosexuality and to answer his questionis anyone here ever been gay, or is gay or trying not to be gay here".(if your seriously asking)...my answer is yes to all of the above. I feel that the Topic should be discussed if it is ref. to praying for the Lost or those still struggling with such a sin, because allthough alot of people exaust the subject, they rarely offer solution to the problem in their conversation....I am not saying that is the case of anyone here for I am new so I don't know, but your thread caught my attention right away, sadly but truly upon reading it I realized that your obvious Love of Christ for the Lost obviously shows little concern for subjects you have no interest in....( I didn't know that we were only called to be wittnesses and reach out to those in strugle when we feel the subject matter is worth our time) I personally struggle with this sin and let me inform you, I need all the conversation about it that I can get if it will aid me in drawing a step closer to victory over it.....I do not know if you are familiar with "AA"" meetings but they are very repetive in their 12 step program, sometimes the individual may stay on one step for months or even yrs, and they, often repeat the same slogans over and over at meetings, yet thousands have been helped to get and stay sober by these methods....would you dare to say that those steps or slogans are talked about to often or to much???? Also Suppose I was not as grounded as I am in the Lord and not in the process of overcoming my struggle with homosexuality or maybe a new christian just viewing this forum for the first time and I saw this thread, It may hurt me or even worse cause me to turn from God and give up on the idea that of being a christian!!! And the saddess part of all is that this is a theology Forum , you guys are supposed to be the smart ones....! And in ref to "herodionRomulous" I guess you forgot to reade Romans chapter 1 It mentions women leaving the men for unatural afections with other women and visa versa![/COLOR]Again, I thought this was a theology forum, you guys are supposed to know the scripture!

Umm, I think it might help if you format the post different. It looks like your tags for
and [color] got messed up.

HerodionRomulus

Turbo said:
I assume you meant dishonesty, and yes, we do condemn that around here. Your post, for instance, is dishonest and I rebuke you for it.

Adultery and hypocrisy (religious or otherwise) are routinely condemned here. Like homosexual acts, adultery ought to be a capital crime. And who have you seen approve of oppressing the innocent?

Whether divorce is sinful depends on the circumstances:
[jesus] But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery; and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.[/jesus]Matthew 5:32​

As for poverty and sickness, neither is sinful, and Jesus never condemned anyone for being poor or sick.

And who exactly are you accusing of being pro-imperialism?

The "talking head" in question openly confesses that he committed adultery which led to divorce. He even has a video about it.

You might want to check out Divorce and Remarriage and God and the Death Penalty while you're at it.

Do you regard homosexuality as sinful?

I never see you decrying divorce except for when you're sticking up for homosexuals, and this post is but another example.

Whoo eee, like your rebuke means anything.

I didn't mention any names. Rush Limbaugh is a practicing adulterer and has a far larger audience than the wolf you referenced.
I guess you want to kill the man whose video you linked? You support the death penalty for adulterers.

Jesus said if you divorce and remarry you commit adultery. Period NO exception. " He said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery against her; and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery."

But you seem inclined to exceptions and circumstances. Maybe you'd like to consider the probematic nature of the alleged verses used to justify hatred and destruction of gays. Leviticus is not about sexual orientation, neither is Corinthians. Jonathan loved David. Romans is about pederasty, Judges 19 about heterosexual evils. .
Not holding my breath :cow:

And

I looked thru the top two pages of politics and religion and saw NO topic on adultery, or divorce or malice or envy or h ypoocrisy. But lots of gay hating by avowed Christians. That is the point here.

Can you show me the thread devoted to the condemnation fo the practicing adulterer Ronald Reagan.

Imperialism? George II of course. Blessed are the peacemakers.

noneoftheabove

Turbo said:
I'll wait for noneoftheabove to take a crack at it first.

perhaps you might clarify your objection and reveal how you've understood my comment before I validate your sense of entitlement to a response.

Army of One

HerodionRomulus said:
I looked thru the top two pages of politics and religion and saw NO topic on adultery, or divorce or malice or envy or h ypoocrisy. But lots of gay hating by avowed Christians. That is the point here.
How many people come to TOL to try to argue that adultery, divorce, malice, envy, or hypocrisy are perfectly normal/healthy? I haven't encountered any (if I do I'll be sure to rebuke them). On the other hand, there is never a shortage of those who try to defend homosexuality- hence all the homo threads.

Can you show me the thread devoted to the condemnation fo the practicing adulterer Ronald Reagan.
Can you show me one TOLer who has tried justifying anyone's adultery?

asilentskeptic

Turbo said:
noneoftheabove,

Have you noticed that there aren't a lot of threads about bestiality here at TOL? Why do you suppose that is? Can you venture a guess?

I can venture a fairly educated guess :). None of the bestiality types are doing things the homosexuals do. They aren't going to court asking for "equal rights" or animal-human marraiges. They aren't holding marches and protests or putting bumper stickers on their cars. They aren't trying to get bestiality into the schools. Basically, they aren't "in your face" about it. In fact, they probably try to hide it! I wonder why THAT is?

In reference to TOL though, you don't have a lot of pro-bestiality types trying to argue their side. Things get discussed on TOL when there are people on BOTH sides that want to discuss it. It is a hot issue in society, a hot issue in the religious world, and therefore, an issue that is probably worth discussing. There are a lot of abortion threads on here for that exact same reason.

This post wasn't railing on you, Turbo... since we know where you stand on the issue. Just thought I would answer your question :chuckle:

Wessex Man

How often did he need to when speaking to a society which already regarded it as sinful?

The only time you see Jesus commenting of sexual ethics at all is his teaching go beyond the law of Moses and are stricter such as on divorce as adultery and lust as adultery. Honestly, in that he was always speaking to a society which regarded homosexuality as an abomination wouldn't you expect that if he disagreed with that premise he would say so? He certainly never hesitated to chastise the Pharisees when their rules went beyond the scope of those things with which God was actually concerned with as being immoral....
Most Gentiles were fine with it,does this mean his message was only for the Jews?Or perhaps like the food laws and circumcision that part doesn't count any more?

Mr Fields

How about polygamy? I've been thinking about getting myself a second wife. The one I currently have is fine with that as long as the new one isn't younger, prettier, or a redhead. :grave:

BTW, this is an issue in which the left is extremely hypocritical. They'll rally all day around gay rights, but ask them about a man with two wives or a wife with two husbands and they'll run you out of town... IMO, if you're going to advocate one, you better be willing to advocate all, or just shut up.

noneoftheabove

Urizen said:
No, I mean he didn't need to address things which were already a settled matter within a society which had already been entrusted with the law of God, which Paul would shortly thereafter affirm is "given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

Everything he said was of universal application as is all of scripture, but at the same time he was speaking to a specific group of people at a specific time in history and as a part of a continuum of both the scripture that preceeded him and that which would come after during the apostolic age.

You mean to say that what Christ said was universal in application but was constrained to the topics that were relevant to his society, specifically as opposed to ours?

Also, are you suggesting that homosexuality was not around in Christ's time? That would be strange, speaking of history, since Plato observed matured doses of it in his dialogues several hundreds of years before Christ.

Obviously I'm not suggesting that the Greeks were Christ's society, and yet your 'limited universal' approach to Christ's applicability seems fishy to me, both on a historical and exegetical level. And more importantly, it seems right on time to support a disproportionately anti-homosexual stance that validates the vogue notions of a 21st century mixture of Christianity and puritan Politcs.

I think the original poster is correct, which is entirely different than saying I think homosexuality is defensible, by the way. Pointing out that this group is disproportionately anti-homosexual is not "defending gay rights" or otherwise buying into what you might view as the credo of the Political Left. It's merely an observation, and it is supported quite heavily with the number of threads about the subject even while there is a striking omission of discussion about other egregious sins that plague the world.

Wessex Man

No, I mean he didn't need to address things which were already a settled matter within a society which had already been entrusted with the law of God, which Paul would shortly thereafter affirm is "given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness".

Everything he said was of universal application as is all of scripture, but at the same time he was speaking to a specific group of people at a specific time in history and as a part of a continuum of both the scripture that preceeded him and that which would come after during the apostolic age.
But if Jesus didn't say it why shouldn't it be tossed away like other Jewish laws.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Mr Fields said:
How about polygamy? I've been thinking about getting myself a second wife. The one I currently have is fine with that as long as the new one isn't younger, prettier, or a redhead. :grave:

Go ahead.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
NuGnostic said:
Most Gentiles were fine with it,does this mean his message was only for the Jews?Or perhaps like the food laws and circumcision that part doesn't count any more?
Correct Jesus message was only for the Jews. How do we know that? He said so.
Mat 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

OH BTW, God didn't destroy Sodom and Gomorah for eating pork!

Last edited:

heartless_Adam

FriendofTomO said:
:ha:

Hello all, I am new here and I would like to say to "Heartless_Adam" and anyone else that share his opinion on homosexuality and to answer his questionis anyone here ever been gay, or is gay or trying not to be gay here".(if your seriously asking)...my answer is yes to all of the above. I feel that the Topic should be discussed if it is ref. to praying for the Lost or those still struggling with such a sin, because allthough alot of people exaust the subject, they rarely offer solution to the problem in their conversation....I am not saying that is the case of anyone here for I am new so I don't know, but your thread caught my attention right away, sadly but truly upon reading it I realized that your obvious Love of Christ for the Lost obviously shows little concern for subjects you have no interest in....( I didn't know that we were only called to be wittnesses and reach out to those in strugle when we feel the subject matter is worth our time) I personally struggle with this sin and let me inform you, I need all the conversation about it that I can get if it will aid me in drawing a step closer to victory over it.....I do not know if you are familiar with "AA"" meetings but they are very repetive in their 12 step program, sometimes the individual may stay on one step for months or even yrs, and they, often repeat the same slogans over and over at meetings, yet thousands have been helped to get and stay sober by these methods....would you dare to say that those steps or slogans are talked about to often or to much???? Also Suppose I was not as grounded as I am in the Lord and not in the process of overcoming my struggle with homosexuality or maybe a new christian just viewing this forum for the first time and I saw this thread, It may hurt me or even worse cause me to turn from God and give up on the idea that of being a christian!!! And the saddess part of all is that this is a theology Forum , you guys are supposed to be the smart ones....! And in ref to "herodionRomulous" I guess you forgot to reade Romans chapter 1 It mentions women leaving the men for unatural afections with other women and visa versa!Again, I thought this was a theology forum, you guys are supposed to know the scripture!

Actually i wasn't attacking homosexuality. I'm gay too, AND HAVE NO INTENTION OF 'EVER' CHANGING AND COULD NOT BE ANY HAPPIER OR MORE FULFILLED WITH MY LIFE.

I'm sorry if your in a state of turmoil with your own fagatronics though. my advice is just to rise above the haters.

heartless_Adam

asilentskeptic said:
I can venture a fairly educated guess :). None of the bestiality types are doing things the homosexuals do. They aren't going to court asking for "equal rights" or animal-human marraiges. They aren't holding marches and protests or putting bumper stickers on their cars. They aren't trying to get bestiality into the schools. Basically, they aren't "in your face" about it. In fact, they probably try to hide it! I wonder why THAT is?

In reference to TOL though, you don't have a lot of pro-bestiality types trying to argue their side. Things get discussed on TOL when there are people on BOTH sides that want to discuss it. It is a hot issue in society, a hot issue in the religious world, and therefore, an issue that is probably worth discussing. There are a lot of abortion threads on here for that exact same reason.

This post wasn't railing on you, Turbo... since we know where you stand on the issue. Just thought I would answer your question :chuckle:

Well i don't think homos where campaigning for equal rights in biblical times, yet it still got a mention.