ECT Another verse that proves MAD is a lie.Rom.16:7 Leave the cult and follow Jesus.

john w

Hall of Fame
In addition to the fact that Christ's death for sins, burial, and resurrection on the 3rd day was "according to the scriptures", Jesus Himself said the following prior to the cross:

(John 10:11) “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

And:

(John 10:17-18) The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

In scripture.....The book of John...Read it, moron:

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

john w

Hall of Fame
Nag and you taught me this, Craigie:

It wasn't hidden from them.

Vs. the bible:

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken." Luke 18:31-34 KJV

Contrasts.

Danoh

In addition to the fact that Christ's death for sins, burial, and resurrection on the 3rd day was "according to the scriptures", Jesus Himself said the following prior to the cross:

(John 10:11) “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.

And:

(John 10:17-18) The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

Nope per Romans 1 and Ephesians 2 "at that time" with the raising up of Abraham and his Multiplied seed in Isaac and Jacob - but for an exception here and there; the Gentiles were basically all but "cut off" from access to God's blessings TO and THROUGH, His then Representative Agency on this Earth: The Nation ISRAEL.

The passage is talking about His sheep at that time.

These people...

Spoiler

Isaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD.

Jeremiah 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace.

Jeremiah 50:17 Israel is a scattered sheep; the lions have driven him away: first the king of Assyria hath devoured him; and last this Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon hath broken his bones.

Ezekiel 34:11 For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out. 34:12 As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day. 34:13 And I will bring them out from the people, and gather them from the countries, and will bring them to their own land, and feed them upon the mountains of Israel by the rivers, and in all the inhabited places of the country. 34:14 I will feed them in a good pasture, and upon the high mountains of Israel shall their fold be: there shall they lie in a good fold, and in a fat pasture shall they feed upon the mountains of Israel. 34:15 I will feed my flock, and I will cause them to lie down, saith the Lord GOD.

These things have a Progression.

Thus, His Words to that Gentile woman, who He, as His Prophets are at times depicted doing in the OT: momentarily made an exception to.

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Just as Jeremiah and Ezekiel had Prophesied would be who He would come unto - His Own People: Israel.

Matthew 15:25 Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. 15:26 But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. 15:27 And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table.

He THEN makes an exception; just as ISRAEL'S Prophets sometimes did AFTER such an individual would acknowledge BOTH ISRAEL as God's People OVER THE NATIONS and the God OF ISRAEL as being THEIR LORD.

Matthew 15:28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

Mark brings out a bit more about their exchange...

Mark 7:25 For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet: 7:27 But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs. 7:28 And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.

Again, what is depicted is her having acknowledged both Him as Lord, and HIS People: ISRAEL OVER the Nations...

7:29 And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter. 7:30 And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

These things have a Progression.

And that had been a type of how things will be AFTER His return unto ISRAEL...

Zechariah 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

ISRAEL was to be fed FIRST.

AFTER THEIR wrath TO COME, though...

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Which is what this is....

Isaiah 60:1 Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee. 60:2 For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. 60:3 And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising. 60:4 Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side. 60:5 Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee. 60:6 The multitude of camels shall cover thee, the dromedaries of Midian and Ephah; all they from Sheba shall come: they shall bring gold and incense; and they shall shew forth the praises of the LORD. 60:7 All the flocks of Kedar shall be gathered together unto thee, the rams of Nebaioth shall minister unto thee: they shall come up with acceptance on mine altar, and I will glorify the house of my glory. 60:8 Who are these that fly as a cloud, and as the doves to their windows? 60:9 Surely the isles shall wait for me, and the ships of Tarshish first, to bring thy sons from far, their silver and their gold with them, unto the name of the LORD thy God, and to the Holy One of Israel, because he hath glorified thee. 60:10 And the sons of strangers shall build up thy walls, and their kings shall minister unto thee: for in my wrath I smote thee, but in my favour have I had mercy on thee. 60:11 Therefore thy gates shall be open continually; they shall not be shut day nor night; that men may bring unto thee the forces of the Gentiles, and that their kings may be brought. 60:12 For the nation and kingdom that will not serve thee shall perish; yea, those nations shall be utterly wasted. 60:13 The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious. 60:14 The sons also of them that afflicted thee shall come bending unto thee; and all they that despised thee shall bow themselves down at the soles of thy feet; and they shall call thee, The city of the LORD, The Zion of the Holy One of Israel. 60:15 Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations. 60:16 Thou shalt also suck the milk of the Gentiles, and shalt suck the breast of kings: and thou shalt know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. 60:17 For brass I will bring gold, and for iron I will bring silver, and for wood brass, and for stones iron: I will also make thy officers peace, and thine exactors righteousness. 60:18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise. 60:19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory. 60:20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended. 60:21 Thy people also shall be all righteous: they shall inherit the land for ever, the branch of my planting, the work of my hands, that I may be glorified. 60:22 A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time.

That concerns God's plan FOR THE EARTH THROUGH THAT NATION, and THAT has yet to have taken place...

Why?

Romans 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

Romans 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

Instead of through ISRAEL'S PROPHESIED Rise FIRST, which was, and is EVEN NOW...on hold.

Romans 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Where did individual members of their Nation found in Unbelief now stand until then, when God TEMPORARILY cut off THEIR PROMISED hope, THIS TIME AROUND?

Romans 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief: 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy. 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Same God, same Lord, etc...but different order of things...til the fullness of this now Gentile salvation unto both in UNcircumcision be come in.

And then back to His finishing up at last, that other aspect of His plan and purpose...concerning THE EARTH.

And these TEMPORARY delays in His various and TEMPORARY cuttings off of Israel from THEIR PROPHESIED Promises were nothing new to Israel...

Romans 9:25 As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved. 9:26 And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God. 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved: 9:28 For he will finish the work, and cut it short in righteousness: because a short work will the Lord make upon the earth. 9:29 And as Esaias said before, Except the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, we had been as Sodoma, and been made like unto Gomorrha. 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith. 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone; 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

Danoh

It was hid from them, moron-they were clueless that He would be killed, raised from the dead, as you've been shown, but you deceive others, to make the bible fit your "invented," man made" AD 70-ism/Preterism.

Even after the Lord's death, burial, and resurrection, the 12 initially did not believe it:

"And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted." Mt. 28:17 KJV

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

" And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat?" Luke 24:41 KJV

Moron-read it-in scripture, but they were clueless:

"For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead." John 20:9 KJV

"they believed not FOR JOY" is the issue of their being so overjoyed He was among them again, that they couldn't believe their eyes.

It is talking about how overjoyed they were.

Meaning, they had been in doubt til then.

But doubt, as is later shown in Acts 10; is not unbelief, anymore than it is that in Acts 10 and 11.

The issue was that He had died before delivering Israel from their enemies and that had thrown them off and into a doubt or wondering as to what all His having died before delivering Israel from their enemies had meant - what all the heck was going on. See His exchange with those two disciples in Luke 24.

But saved they were, per John 1 and also per the Father's having preserved them per John 21.

john w

Hall of Fame
"they believed not FOR JOY" is the issue of their being so overjoyed He was among them again, that they couldn't believe their eyes.

It is talking about how overjoyed they were.

Meaning, they had been in doubt til then.

But doubt, as is later shown in Acts 10; is not unbelief, anymore than it is that in Acts 10 and 11.

The issue was that He had died before delivering Israel from their enemies and that had thrown them off and into a doubt or wondering as to what all His having died before delivering Israel from their enemies had meant - what all the heck was going on. See His exchange with those two disciples in Luke 24.

But saved they were, per John 1 and also per the Father's having preserved them per John 21.

Your point, re your weighing in on the Luke 24:41 KJV passage, I cited? That does NADA, to the fact that the 11, initially, after the prophetic fulfillment of the resurrection, did not believe it.

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive(risen-my note), and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

"And returned from the sepulchre, and told all these things unto the eleven, and to all the rest. It was Mary Magdalene and Joanna, and Mary the mother of James, and other women that were with them, which told these things unto the apostles. And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they believed them not." Luke 24:9-11 KJV

Danoh

You assert.

Look in the prophets and you will see 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV)

Yep - yours is basically the Acts 28ers explanation of that.

I keep telling you yours is a hybrid of where the Acts 9 Position looks at things from, with the Acts 28 Position does.

And thanks for not checking heir when she called me "a divisive creep" when all I did was used your often stated "Danoheism" when I jokingly posted "STPism."

My point o clueless one - that yours is a double-standard, no matter how you dress it up.

There is no testimony of Grace in that bro, and you know it.

But your uncertain "friendships" obviously come first to you and yours.

They always have.

You should rise above that -"ye have not so learned Christ" and you know it.

Other than that, nope; your answers are too often too hybrid for this Acts 9 Dispy :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

Yep - yours is basically the Acts 28ers explanation of that.

I keep telling you yours is a hybrid of where the Acts 9 Position looks at things from, with the Acts 28 Position does.

And thanks for not checking heir when she called me "a divisive creep" when all I used your often stated "Danoheism" when I jokingly posted "STPism."

My point o clueless one - that yours is a double-standard, no matter how you dress it up.

There is no testimony of Grace in that bro, and you know it.

But your uncertain "friendships" obviously come first to you and yours.

They always have.

You should rise above that -"ye have not so learned Christ" and you know it.

Other than That, nope; your answers are too hybrid for this Acts 9 Dispy :chuckle:

Why can't YOU find 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) in the prophets?

Danoh

Your point, re your weighing in on the Luke 24:41 KJV passage, I cited? That does NADA, to the fact that the 11, initially, after the prophetic fulfillment of the resurrection, did not believe it.

"And they, when they had heard that he was alive(risen-my note), and had been seen of her, believed not. After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country. And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen." Mark 16:11 KJV

Whoops, I'd meant John 17...

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

john w

Hall of Fame
Whoops, I'd meant John 17...

John 17:12 While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name: those that thou gavest me I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

View attachment 25756

I'll slow it down for you, Tooey-again:

Danoh

Why can't YOU find 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) in the prophets?

I find I am unable to arrive at your erroneous conclusion of that because I don't study that from where the Acts 28ers do.

You start out Acts 9, true...

Only to delute it with where the Acts 28 Position studies those things from.

You only think you are asking me the right question.

From where you are looking at things from, your question appears valid to you.

But yours is clearly asked from where the 28ers also ask that question.

But you failed to see parts of any of this in the things that Shawn also pointed out you Hybrids are off in, and which you failed to address.

So I am not surprised you cannot see you are off on this too.

I say that as an observation, not as a put down.

Your approach is not fully Acts 9.

Proverbs 27:17

Danoh

View attachment 25756

I'll slow it down for you, Tooey-again:

Lol - so says the guy still stuck in Acts 13 despite the obvious in Acts 9 :chuckle:

SaulToPaul 2

I find I am unable to arrive at your erroneous conclusion of that because I don't study that from where the Acts 28ers do.

You start out Acts 9, true...

Only to delute it with where the Acts 28 Position studies those things from.

You only think you are asking me the right question.

From where you are looking at things from, your question appears valid to you.

But yours is clearly asked from where the 28ers also ask that question.

But you failed to see parts of any of this in the things that Shawn also pointed out you Hybrids are off in, and which you failed to address.

So I am not surprised you cannot see you are off on this too.

I say that as an observation, not as a put down.

Your approach is not fully Acts 9.

Proverbs 27:17

Lay out the guidelines for the correct approach?

Is not the dbr for sins in the prophets?

john w

Hall of Fame
Lol - so says the guy still stuck in Acts 13 despite the obvious in Acts 9 :chuckle:

Silencio-just a cute little "Lol," as your evolution/devolution marches on....

john w

Hall of Fame
I'm not even a Honda Hybrid, and I can find 1 Cor 15:1-4 in the Law and Prophets.

You probably drive a Honda, punk, seeing that you are unemployed, and rarely leave your rat hole/home. Make that a Honda Civic-fits your "persona."