Answering old threads thread

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Well, if there were only one couple left then that would kinda be the end of the human race anyway realistically.
What does that mean? Does the woman reserve her right to not be raped even in those contrived thought experiments or not? Or are you saying that at 'the point of no return' for the human race, that it doesn't matter anymore? Please clarify.

My answer, to repeat, is that even in or under these extreme hypothetical scenarios or conditions, the woman's right against rape is absolute, even if that means the end of the species to obey that right of hers. You still obey it, you still don't rape. Rape is never the permissible choice, not even in a 'trolley problem'.

Derf

What does that mean? Does the woman reserve her right to not be raped even in those contrived thought experiments or not? Or are you saying that at 'the point of no return' for the human race, that it doesn't matter anymore? Please clarify.

My answer, to repeat, is that even in or under these extreme hypothetical scenarios or conditions, the woman's right against rape is absolute, even if that means the end of the species to obey that right of hers. You still obey it, you still don't rape. Rape is never the permissible choice, not even in a 'trolley problem'.
What about Eve? Did she have the "right" to say "no" even after God commanded "Be fruitful and multiply"?

Arthur Brain

You keep repeating something as if that makes it true. What if 95% of the world disagreed with you? Would that make you wrong? I'm sure you would say "no." What if 95% of the world agreed with you? Would that make you right?

Do you believe in a standard of right and wrong that is more authoritative than your personal opinion? If so, what is it? If not, then why do you spend your time on this site?
I keep repeating it because it is true. That the vast majority of folk recognize this is only to be expected. Those with a functioning moral compass don't even need it explaining. Sure, there's an insidious minority who can't seem to recognize the obvious or concoct their own twisted "reasoning" to justify people forcing themselves on their wives but thankfully people in the main aren't so inclined.

I ain't interested in your sidebar and it's my prerogative to spend time on here as I see fit.

Arthur Brain

It means that the likelihood of one couple being able to keep the human race afloat is unlikely at best.

Idolater

It means that the likelihood of one couple being able to keep the human race afloat is unlikely at best.
I know that. It wasn't that part of your post that I was asking about. It was, in the case where you're down to just two, a man and his wife, and they're fertile, then does the woman reserve her right against being raped in that case, yes or no? My answer again is just simply yes. I suspect yours is too, I'm just looking to confirm my hypothesis. No belligerence intended deliberately.

Idolater

What about Eve? Did she have the "right" to say "no" even after God commanded "Be fruitful and multiply"?
Wouldn't it be up to God to punish her if she sins then, and not Adam's job to punish her by raping her?

Derf

Wouldn't it be up to God to punish her if she sins then, and not Adam's job to punish her by raping her?
Again, if Adam is doing what he was told to do, and Eve isn't, it isn't rape. It might be something else...

Adam's actions after she refused might include some punishment, I suppose, but the act that was already commanded (be fruitful and multiply), isn't the punishment. That kind of thinking is what leads to believing God is unjust/unfair and Satan is a good one to receive direction from. You can ask Eve about that one, too.

And regarding man implementing God's punishments:
Genesis 9:6 (KJV) Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

Derf

I keep repeating it because it is true. That the vast majority of folk recognize this is only to be expected. Those with a functioning moral compass don't even need it explaining. Sure, there's an insidious minority who can't seem to recognize the obvious or concoct their own twisted "reasoning" to justify people forcing themselves on their wives but thankfully people in the main aren't so inclined.

I ain't interested in your sidebar and it's my prerogative to spend time on here as I see fit.
Moral compass was your sidebar. My example illustrates the folly of everybody doing what is right in his own eyes and expecting righteous results.

Last edited:

glorydaz

God could, or more likely, He'd tell Adam how to treat his wife so that she would willingly offer herself.

This is so simple, but it does require a tad bit of common sense.

Arthur Brain

I know that. It wasn't that part of your post that I was asking about. It was, in the case where you're down to just two, a man and his wife, and they're fertile, then does the woman reserve her right against being raped in that case, yes or no? My answer again is just simply yes. I suspect yours is too, I'm just looking to confirm my hypothesis. No belligerence intended deliberately.
Yes, 100%.

Arthur Brain

Moral compass was your sidebar. My example illustrates the folly of everybody doing what is right in his own eyes and expecting righteous results.
One such "folly" would be a husband raping his wife and expecting anything righteous to come of it. Perhaps you can explain how there's anything loving or cherishing about doing that? If a man forces himself on his girlfriend then is that rape to you or is that also "something else"? No need to go on about how an unmarried couple shouldn't be having sex either, just answer the question.

Derf

One such "folly" would be a husband raping his wife and expecting anything righteous to come of it. Perhaps you can explain how there's anything loving or cherishing about doing that? If a man forces himself on his girlfriend then is that rape to you or is that also "something else"? No need to go on about how an unmarried couple shouldn't be having sex either, just answer the question.
Then there's no need to go on.