Answering old threads thread

Derf

Why search the scripture for something that is clearly against the conscience of man....as God created us....thus man is without excuse.

In other words. There IS a RIGHT AND WRONG....no matter how some professing Christians might try and twist scripture to claim otherwise.
You make it sound like the conscience is trustworthy. But if Christians need to "walk in the spirit" to produce love joy peace patience kindness goodness gentleness and self-control, how are non-believers going to be able to do those things? Artie said adultery might be permissible in some circumstances. He didn't want to talk about homosexuality being wrong. How much can you trust the conscience of an unbeliever?

Derf

Pretty sure Sarah was fully onboard.
Lechery has no component of mutual consent in any definition I've found. Like this from dictionary.com:
"unrestrained or excessive indulgence of sexual desire."
"Within marriage" is a restraint, therefore you can't be monogamously lecherous. It's back to that oxymoron problem, again.

Mary Contrary 999

Lechery has no component of mutual consent in any definition I've found.
A married couple who make love on a public beach has been lecherous, have they not? It is broader than you think it is.
Like this from dictionary.com:
"unrestrained or excessive indulgence of sexual desire."
"Within marriage" is a restraint, therefore you can't be monogamously lecherous. It's back to that oxymoron problem, again.
No it's a moron problem. If grampa wants sex on vacation and engages his wive even though the grand kids are asleep in the next bed, is that NOT excessive because they are married? If the wife is recovering from a hysterectomy, is it excessive for hubby to insist on relations before the time the doctor advised against?

Control yourselves gentlemen.

Last edited:

Derf

A married couple who make love on a public beach has been lecherous, have they not? It is broader than you think it is.

No it's a moron problem. If grampa wants sex on vacation and engages his wive even though the grand kids are asleep in the next bed, is that NOT excessive because they are married? If the wife is recovering from a hysterectomy, is it excessive for hubby to insist on relations before the time the doctor advised against?

Control yourselves gentlemen.
As if helping you get your definitions correct is a lack of self control?

I think you're thinking of "lewdness" with regard to the public beach, which is doing sexual things publicly. Lechery carries with it the connotation of promiscuity, which doesn't apply for old couples who still like to enjoy each other.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I'm asking you to SHOW the POST where someone said what YOU CLAIM that they said.

Is that too much to ask?
Apparently it is

And what the heck is this about?

Unfortunately I am not capable of pointing immoral men/women to think beyond their ego, immorality and chauvinism. Pray. Pick up a Bible. Just don’t bother me with your self-serving male privilege.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
My contention is Paul's:

Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.
No it most certainly is not Paul's!

That is advice! Terrific advice to be sure but Paul (i.e. God through Paul) is not giving us a new law!

The previous verse says, "The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does."

So tell me, if the wife has authority over her husband's body, how it is that she has no right to tell him that they aren't having sex right now?

She very obviously does based both on the very passage you cite and more importantly - yes - more importantly, based on the most basically intuitive common sense imaginable!

It is absolutely INSANE that I am here having to tell you this! You absolutely are flatly wrong and surely ought to be embarrassed and ashamed of yourself. How it is possible for a Christian to be here advocating a de-facto right to rape one's spouse is beyond anything I could ever explain or would have ever expected to see. It literally disgusts me! I'd like to see how long you stay married if you went and tried to enforce this new law that removes your wife's right to refuse you sexually and see how long you stay out of prison.

I am literally done with this. Your mind is twisted well beyond anything that is rational and to continue would grant you far more respect that you deserve.

Clete

Last edited: