Answering old threads thread

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Biggest Whodunnit in American television … ever ….
That was either the first or second time he was shot in the series, once was a hunting accident. The other times were all deliberate lol.

Arthur Brain

Great. A straight answer.

What evidence would you need to convict?

You should deal with what people say, not pretend that you are the arbiter of what they should say.
I gave a straight answer from the get go with Derf's scenario that could hardly have been clearer.

The sort that proves that someone had forced themselves on another. Duh.

Oh wow, are you going for an irony award?! You've failed to read what I said in a clear and straightforward manner. You've made all sorts of asinine and unsupportable statements about how I'd convict someone without evidence or would convict someone on 'implied force' and idiotically claimed that I consider it rape in itself if a woman has regrets after sex.

You are the last person to prattle on about dealing with what people say after your ridiculous antics on here.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I gave a straight answer from the get go with Derf's scenario that could hardly have been clearer.

You prattled on about your own scenario and ignored his.

It was over in one word, but you screwed it up and it took you five pages to show where the answer actually lay.

The sort that proves that someone had forced themselves on another. Duh.

Be specific. What would it take, in your view, for the court to say guilty, given Fred's scenario?

Oh wow, are you going for an irony award?! You've failed to read what I said in a clear and straightforward manner. You've made all sorts of asinine and unsupportable statements about how I'd convict someone without evidence or would convict someone on 'implied force' and idiotically claimed that I consider it rape in itself if a woman has regrets after sex. You are the last person to prattle on about dealing with what people say after your ridiculous antics on here.

We're all happy that you've gotten all that out of your system.

🤔 As opposed to gay?
That's racist.

According to Mary the claim by the wife is evidence enough
They seem quite desperate to make it into something it's not. Fred's actual words are bad enough. No need to make stuff up.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
They seem quite desperate to make it into something it's not. Fred's actual words are bad enough. No need to make stuff up.
In Mary's scenario, the wife would have full justification in a ugly divorce case of deciding that in every instance of what had formerly been considered consensual sex, she had indeed been raped, due to power imbalances, inherent societal structural influences of which she had been previously unaware, blablabla.

I've seen extreme feminists who hold this position and who argue it fervently. The sort of people who eagerly lap up the following:

Third, the focus on group-based oppression has also led many radical feminist thinkers to examine the role of rape itself, and of ideologies about rape, in creating and reproducing not only patriarchy but multiple systems of domination, including racism and colonialism.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In Mary's scenario, the wife would have full justification in a ugly divorce case of deciding that in every instance of what had formerly been considered consensual sex, she had indeed been raped, due to power imbalances, inherent societal structural influences of which she had been previously unaware, blablabla.

I've seen extreme feminists who hold this position and who argue it fervently. The sort of people who eagerly lap up the following:

Third, the focus on group-based oppression has also led many radical feminist thinkers to examine the role of rape itself, and of ideologies about rape, in creating and reproducing not only patriarchy but multiple systems of domination, including racism and colonialism.

If anyone were to say guilty in Fred's scenario, they would face the death penalty under a real justice system, as would the two women.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Whether rape has occurred and whether it can be adjudicated successfully are two different things.
The question I was responding to by stripe asked "What evidence would you need to convict?"

"You"

Not "you if you were a judge"
Weren't you permabanned
Never, in 18 long years 😁
for repeatedly lying
I was warned often for lying, and usually defended it as a natural extension of my opponents argumentation. Knight usually accepted it.

I try not to lie maliciously.

I often do enjoy deliberately lying to make a humorous point. Occasionally the humorous point is missed by the target. 😢
and refusing to stop referring to people by the n-word
Negro I implore you
You seem fixated on that one of my many usernames over the years.

🤔

Spoiler
6f6no5.jpg

Last edited:

Arthur Brain

You prattled on about your own scenario and ignored his.

It was over in one word, but you screwed it up and it took you five pages to show where the answer actually lay.

Be specific. What would it take, in your view, for the court to say guilty, given Fred's scenario?

We're all happy that you've gotten all that out of your system.

That's racist.

I didn't concoct any scenario and the answer was given to Derf's in my immediate response to it. That you somehow missed it and idiotically rambled on about how I would convict people without evidence and other rubbish is solely on you. The answer was there from the get go.

Proof. As with any court case. How do you suppose guilty verdicts are arrived at?

Eh, it's kinda expected with you as you do have a tendency to drop yourself in it with these things. In future, do yourself a favour and read what's there and don't be silly enough to quote mine out of context and invent nonsense up that you can't support. That way you won't end up looking like such a clown.

Arthur Brain

If anyone were to say guilty in Fred's scenario, they would face the death penalty under a real justice system, as would the two women.
There's not enough in Derf's scenario to decide guilt or innocence. It's nowhere near detailed enough.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's not enough in Derf's scenario to decide guilt or innocence. It's nowhere near detailed enough.
Which should immediately prompt you to say "not guilty."

Also, what evidence in his scenario would justify a conviction?