Answering old threads thread

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
This oldie is not easy, but it's important.

What is the true root objection to MAD?

The answer is that, I don't really have any "root objection" to MAD, it's just competing with Catholicism is all. I'd take a different tack if I were debating Orthodox Christians instead of MADs, and I suppose in that difference I could cull out a "root objection" that's different for MAD than for Orthodoxy.

But mainly there are many things I completely agree with in MAD. Justification by faith alone is one of the Reformation 'cries' that both MAD and Catholicism agree with (along with Calvinism), according to our Catechism, according to how I understand it.

We differ in ecclesiology, that's the main thing, between Catholicism, MAD, Calvinism and Orthodoxy, the difference is ecclesiological. We differ on different details, but all of them issue from a fundamental difference in ecclesiology.

Right Divider

Body part
This oldie is not easy, but it's important.

What is the true root objection to MAD?

The answer is that, I don't really have any "root objection" to MAD, it's just competing with Catholicism is all. I'd take a different tack if I were debating Orthodox Christians instead of MADs, and I suppose in that difference I could cull out a "root objection" that's different for MAD than for Orthodoxy.

But mainly there are many things I completely agree with in MAD. Justification by faith alone is one of the Reformation 'cries' that both MAD and Catholicism agree with (along with Calvinism), according to our Catechism, according to how I understand it.

We differ in ecclesiology, that's the main thing, between Catholicism, MAD, Calvinism and Orthodoxy, the difference is ecclesiological. We differ on different details, but all of them issue from a fundamental difference in ecclesiology.
Yes, yes we already know... You accept the RC without question. But the RC is NOT a continuation of Israel. They are posers. Until you realize that you will continue to beat up your straw-man "MAD" and be satisfied.

Idolater

Yes, yes we already know... You accept the RC without question.
Then you don't know, or you're lying, because otherwise you'd know and confess that I have concluded Catholicism after asking all the questions----all of them. The answer is Catholicism.
But the RC is NOT a continuation of Israel. They are posers. Until you realize that you will continue to beat up your straw-man "MAD" and be satisfied.
Straw men are the only things you make available to debate. All anyone can do is read and read and read your thoughts and ideas, and then try to compose from all of that some sort of coherent theory because you won't provide one yourselves.

As such it turns into a fallacy of the stone. "No, not that one. No, not like that. No, no, no." Show us all what Yes is then, so we can actually substantively engage you.

Right Divider

Body part
Then you don't know, or you're lying, because otherwise you'd know and confess that I have concluded Catholicism after asking all the questions----all of them. The answer is Catholicism.
Hogwash. Catholicism is full of lies.
Straw men are the only things you make available to debate.
You've lied many times about what MAD is or says. You should be ashamed... but you're not.
All anyone can do is read and read and read your thoughts and ideas, and then try to compose from all of that some sort of coherent theory because you won't provide one yourselves.
The precepts of MAD have been explained many times here, by me and others. If you do not understand it, that's your problem.
As such it turns into a fallacy of the stone. "No, not that one. No, not like that. No, no, no." Show us all what Yes is then, so we can actually substantively engage you.
🤪

What "MAD teaches" is very well explained at this website: https://graceambassadors.com/

Do yourself a favor and spent some time there.

Idolater

Hogwash. Catholicism is full of lies.
Bald assertion. iow "saying it doesn't make it so".
You've lied many times about what MAD is or says. You should be ashamed... but you're not.
I have never lied, I explained what I have been doing below.
The precepts of MAD have been explained many times here, by me and others. If you do not understand it, that's your problem.
I understand what you're saying, and then when I base an argument on what you're saying, you say, "No, that's not what I was saying." Lather, rinse, repeat. Ad infinitum.
🤪

What "MAD teaches" is very well explained at this website: https://graceambassadors.com/

Do yourself a favor and spent some time there.
I already did. That's where we came up with that you have to read Romans 14 as if it's written to Israel, because Israel's mentioned in what leads up to chapter 14.

What I said stands. There is no canonical source of MAD teaching, so therefore, we cannot ever hope to actually engage.

In contrast, everything Catholicism believes is openly published in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. You can pick any Text or Section and 'take me to task.' I'm 'an open book'.

Right Divider

Body part
What I said stands. There is no canonical source of MAD teaching, so therefore, we cannot ever hope to actually engage.
Hilarious.
In contrast, everything Catholicism believes is openly published in the Catechism of the Catholic Church. You can pick any Text or Section and 'take me to task.' I'm 'an open book'.
That book is bigger than the Bible. That should give you some hint that to the arrogance of the RCC.

Idolater

Why? What advantage did it offer them?
I could only speculate. Certainly the teaching on same-sex offense as sinful continues from the Old Covenant into the New Covenant, but the punishment for it does not. In fact the Church has only approved of the death penalty at all when it is otherwise unavoidable for innocent people to be safe.

Derf

I could only speculate. Certainly the teaching on same-sex offense as sinful continues from the Old Covenant into the New Covenant, but the punishment for it does not. In fact the Church has only approved of the death penalty at all when it is otherwise unavoidable for innocent people to be safe.
There you have it. Society has a safety need, and sodomy, named for Lot's town, was unsafe--even before the mosaic law.