Anyone Voting Third Party?

Hilltrot

As usual I will vote third party again this year. Anyone else voting third party?

"I urge you to beware the temptation of pride—the temptation of blithely declaring yourselves above it all and label both sides equally at fault, to ignore the facts of history and the aggressive impulses of an evil empire, to simply call the arms race a giant misunderstanding and thereby remove yourself from the struggle between right and wrong and good and evil."

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"I urge you to beware the temptation of pride—the temptation of blithely declaring yourselves above it all and label both sides equally at fault, to ignore the facts of history and the aggressive impulses of an evil empire, to simply call the arms race a giant misunderstanding and thereby remove yourself from the struggle between right and wrong and good and evil."
I understand your point, but wouldn't people that follow the evil despite knowing they are evil be evil themselves? And wouldn't people that follow the stupid despite knowing they are stupid also be evil themselves?

One must not assume pride is the only reason to step back and realize the system is broken. Voting 3rd party is just the first step, a humble first step, to coming to the awful realization that voting in the system we currently have results in evil. And coming to an awful realization isn't something one comes to due to pride.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Since the 70s, I've voted libertarian for president. It wasn't that big an issue; the two states in which I lived in that time were so red that it wasn't going to matter, anyhow. This time, I'll be voting for Biden. It probably won't matter again, but my vote for him will be the same as when I vote libertarian; matter of principle.

The Berean

Pointless quote. I'm asking who is IS voting third party. Do you understand that?

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then why bother to post in this thread? I was asking who IS voting third party.
If I vote it will be third party. However, the reason to vote has to be greater than acknowledging that such a rigged system is legitimate. Since the reason to vote is rarely great enough, it is more efficient to fight against the system instead of participating in it.

Remember, voting implies that you accept the results of the vote even when evil and stupid people caused an evil and/or stupid result.

The Berean

If I vote it will be third party. However, the reason to vote has to be greater than acknowledging that such a rigged system is legitimate. Since the reason to vote is rarely great enough, it is more efficient to fight against the system instead of participating in it.

Remember, voting implies that you accept the results of the vote even when evil and stupid people caused an evil and/or stupid result.
A good point, Yorzhik.