ARCHIVE: Visual history of TOL.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:D I realize this is a 2 year old question but....
Knight,

Did you start this site yourself or did you take over for someone else? I ask because your "join date" isn't 1997.
We got a entirely new forum script in 2001 that's why the oldest members are from 2001 and not 1997. I created the username "Knight" in 2002 prior to that I was webmaster and Nathon Detroit.

JoeyArnold

BANNED
Banned
In this thread I will do my best to catalog a running history of TOL though the ages.

Look what I dug up! A screen shot of the very first version of TheologyOnLine. Notice we didn't yet own the domain name "theologyonline.com".

This screen shot was taken Oct 27th 1997 - I am not sure how long TOL was up and running before this shot was taken.

"Comments may be removed for any reason." has now evolved into "You may be banned for any reason," now. Oh, did I say that? Forgive me. But I was just looking at the original rules on this picture of yours from 1997. I was only observing the differences between the internet world then and now. I think the rules for all sites have changed from then to now, policies to so many things. I was only about twelve back then, anyways, so, what do I know?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
In this thread I will do my best to catalog a running history of TOL though the ages.

Look what I dug up! A screen shot of the very first version of TheologyOnLine. Notice we didn't yet own the domain name "theologyonline.com".

This screen shot was taken Oct 27th 1997 - I am not sure how long TOL was up and running before this shot was taken.
I just read the text on that... no political discussion? What was that like?

Then the blue phase began...

circa 2004
This is about the time I started posting. I think this look began in late '03.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, I've been around pretty much since it's beginning. It's really amazing when I think of everything I've learned, all the friends I've made, and how it's helped me become a Christian with a backbone.

Sometimes I think, "What if I had never come across this site?" (Or more like what if a certain person hadn't kept after me to check it out.)

Ewwww!!! Don't even want to think about it!!! :::shiver::::

Happy Birthday to one of the best sites that the internet ever had the privilege to be introduced to. And thank you to it's hardworking Administrator who has had to put up with a lot over the years to keep this thing going.

:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was fin browsing and looking at the screen shots of what the old board looked like.

whitestone

wow it's neat to look at the old TOL pages I myself didn't join till about a year ago(but i still liked looking at it). a couple of months ago i was digging on the www and found an article about the internet in 1996 aol was the only i.s.p. and in 96 broke 5mil. members (remember that?,lol).

I noticed knight has a thread about going through and deleting old threads and everyone is suggesting what to delete to save space. Well thats when it hit me, since we have all the past threads in archive should we start a new thread and search all the post leading up to y2k,end of the Mayan calender,12/12/12 ect. and see if there are any that told us they were going into their shelters and we told them we would come and let them know it was safe to come out?

Did we forget to go tell them and their still in there?(don't delete those threads!) so we can look through them and find the missing screen names and go knock on their bunker doors and get them out,(just a suggestion,what if we forgot?).

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hadn't seen this thread in a while. Fun times indeed!!

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
@Knight

Heh. Glad to see I am not the only one whose attachments end up directed to error dialogs.

Most of my older posts with attachments are getting the same treatment. Some of the newer ones with this new vB release are as well. Maybe some symbolic link script is hosed up?

AMR

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
@Knight

Heh. Glad to see I am not the only one whose attachments end up directed to error dialogs.

Most of my older posts with attachments are getting the same treatment. Some of the newer ones with this new vB release are as well. Maybe some symbolic link script in hosed up?

AMR
Hmmm... yeah.... i'm not sure what's going on. I will look into it.