Are you personally culpable for your government's actions?

Saxon Hammer

As a member of the state/country you live in you are part of the system that is currently producing the leaders of your state/country.
If you have a job and own a home then you will be by necessity a strong part of the society that has produced your leaders.
If you have received welfare or benefits from your government you have lived because of the society around you.
Remember also the background of your parents and their parents etc.

I accept that my government's actions are wrong and that I must try and DO something about it for the blood of 'civilians' and other nationals are a stain on my honor and soul ('God')

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Exodus 15:6 KJV
(6) Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

BoyStan

I am only one vote among millions on election day. I am not personally culpable for my governments actions. The governments members themselves are not held culpable for their actions. Saying the government will be held accountable at the ballot box is a joke. Losing office is accompanied by fantastic compensations. Politicians simply walk away from their mistakes without any comeback for their mistakes.If they are not culpable then neither am I.

I am only one vote among millions on election day. I am not personally culpable for my governments actions. The governments members themselves are not held culpable for their actions. Saying the government will be held accountable at the ballot box is a joke. Losing office is accompanied by fantastic compensations. Politicians simply walk away from their mistakes without any comeback for their mistakes.If they are not culpable then neither am I.

True, in terms of being one vote, at least a vote in good conscience. But there’s a difference between seeming not culpable and being not culpable. Wouldn’t you say an unrepentant sinner, consigned to eternal hell, is pretty culpable? Justice delayed is still justice. No unrepentant sinner gets by with anything, God's justice even the ultimate of all justice.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

I have actually thought the opposite of what many people think of these obscenely rich, corrupt cretins, the opposite of envy or resentment, rather strong pity, that they may as well profit all they can and live it up, if it's the world they live for, as this is as good as it's going to get for them, forever, the price they will pay for their corruption beyond huge. They are going to pay an unthinkable price for that mansion, Bentley, getting noticed at cocktail parties and some baubles from Saks. Not being culpable? God's word is clear that's a myth these poor slobs don't get! And they don't believe they will be held accountable, won't believe, until it's too late, and they meet the God of wrath.

Don't ever think they or any of us have any license, even the believer such a thing as sin unto death and the hard discipline of God, read Hebrews 12. The concept of a believer's free lunch, to sin that grace may abound, easy believism, is also a myth. People who believe God is mocked will learn the hard way, and the worst case of all are those who seem to have died, having gotten by with it. Again, Hebrews 12, the poor bastards, as Hebrews 12:8 puts it in the KJV, who seem to skate through life in evil, didn't even rate discipline, and next stop is hell.

I know I don't desire one scintilla anything of the damned. Just some food for thought.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
As a member of the state/country you live in you are part of the system that is currently producing the leaders of your state/country.
If you have a job and own a home then you will be by necessity a strong part of the society that has produced your leaders.
If you have received welfare or benefits from your government you have lived because of the society around you.

I accept that my government's actions are wrong and that I must try and DO something about it for the blood of 'civilians' and other nationals are a stain on my honor and soul ('God')
I would say no, if all you have in mind is a vote. I don't think voting makes you personally culpable. If you're saying yes, what does that personal culpability mean? What would being held accountable for it look like?

Saxon Hammer

I would say no, if all you have in mind is a vote. I don't think voting makes you personally culpable. If you're saying yes, what does that personal culpability mean? What would being held accountable for it look like?

No the vote was not mentioned - 'state/country' was and also 'system' which may lead to voting and election thinking. However the 'system' is that of 'consumerism' 'capitalism' 'ownership' etc etc

I have not mentioned god because it is a problem of man's doings.

It is the flowing with the current, facing the really real etc etc

Therefore I have to accept my culpability even though I am just one person in this system. I will find others and hope that we share the same ways.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

DavidK

Beyond the vote, how much time have I spent in prayer concerning the country in which I live? How have I reached out with the gospel to the people around me? How often have I lifted up the broken and needy in the Lord Jesus' name?

Yes, I'm personally culpable. If I was really living like Jesus, 100% according to the sermon on the mount, my heart torn in prayer before the throne of the Father, then I would be blameless for what my government does. I fall far short of that, however.

Heavenly Father, help Your church be the light of the world. Perfect Jesus, help us be the body we are supposed to be.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
If you voted for Donald Trump, you are responsible for the catastrophe which his administration he and his criminal minions are planning for America .

kmoney

Hall of Fame
No the vote was not mentioned - 'state/country' was and also 'system' which may lead to voting and election thinking. However the 'system' is that of 'consumerism' 'capitalism' 'ownership' etc etc

I have not mentioned god because it is a problem of man's doings.

It is the flowing with the current, facing the really real etc etc

Therefore I have to accept my culpability even though I am just one person in this system. I will find others and hope that we share the same ways.
ok, but what does accepting culpability mean? Do you mean that in order for the system to change you have to get involved?
How are you responsible for the blood of civilians?

rexlunae

I've been thinking a lot about that lately. And I don't have a simple answer. But I think it depends on what you do, and what you can do. I would hate to find myself in the position of knowingly profiting directly from the government's misdeeds. Otherwise, I'd say do the good you can in the place you find yourself.

A lot of people have fairly romantic ideas about how they would react to a thing like living in Hitler's time. History tends to offer clear verdicts, and even simplicity, as well as blindness to sacrifice. But the reality is a lot harder.

Saxon Hammer

ok, but what does accepting culpability mean? Do you mean that in order for the system to change you have to get involved?
How are you responsible for the blood of civilians?

Yes - It means trying to do something to affect change otherwise the State is piling up sins - This then leads to calls for repentance e.t.c. from other States.

I am but just one man so I can do so very little on my own. However I can see if others feel the way I do and together we become more able to affect change.

I feel it all the time that is why I have posted this thread. I am shocked how readily we accept things like 'War' and 'oppression' often saying 'it has always been like that' and calling me 'naive'.

Saxon Hammer

Exodus 15:6 KJV
(6) Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.

Tambora - Please can you explain this in context of this discussion I think you may have something but I am not able to apply it myself.