As of next Monday...

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That sounds like my place, Ebenz, with people coming and going. :chuckle:

I'm looking forward to being alone again, at least for a while.

We had about 6 inches of snow yesterday. And, Indianapolis had about 8 inches. So, Chris and his roommate/oc-worker decided to put the move off until Friday. I don't mind though. I was worried about Chris driving on the icy roads with his pick up loaded with all his stuff.

glorydaz

I'm looking forward to being alone again, at least for a while.

We had about 6 inches of snow yesterday. And, Indianapolis had about 8 inches. So, Chris and his roommate/oc-worker decided to put the move off until Friday. I don't mind though. I was worried about Chris driving on the icy roads with his pick up loaded with all his stuff.

Yeah, peace and quiet is a wonderful thing, but if you have to worry about travel conditions it isn't very peaceful, is it? I can't believe that much snow so late in the year. Yikes.

People should stop talking about the weather and do something about it. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will have my house back. My nephew is moving out this weekend. I'm a little worried about him getting back and forth to work since he's moving up by Indianapolis. But, he's going to be moving in with a co-worker and they'll be carpooling.
You had them in and out for so many years now, you may not know how to act all alone!

BTW, I need to ask about a recipe for meatloaf.

I have always used saltine crackers.
But I'm planning on using sweat cornbread and a little cheese nip crackers next time (got that idea from a neighbor).

I use lean hamburger and sausage mixed together.
Eggs
onion
a little worchestershire sause, salt, pepper, mustard

And I make the coating sauce with ketchup and brown sugar.

But the real question I want to ask is if anyone has ever added chopped celery?
I'm wondering if it would alter the taste too much.

I may bake most of it as above, but bake a little dish with some celery in it and see if is OK.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, peace and quiet is a wonderful thing, but if you have to worry about travel conditions it isn't very peaceful, is it? I can't believe that much snow so late in the year. Yikes.

People should stop talking about the weather and do something about it. :chuckle:
I'm okay with the snow, as long as there's no ice. :) But, Chris is going to have to deal with more of it than I will. Jessica told me that she's either going to eventually move to Indy or Cincinnati. I already made her mad when I told her that, if I'm providing transportation for her to go to and from work, it can't be more than 10 miles from my house. I already had to deal with Chris working 25 miles away. That was 100 miles a day for me to drive him to and from work until he got his truck. I don't want to do that again. I told her to get a job close to here until she saves up enough to get a cheap car and then get a job in Greensburg (where all the factories are). Hopefully, she will then realize how much trouble that was for me and move there to be closer to work.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You had them in and out for so many years now, you may not know how to act all alone!

BTW, I need to ask about a recipe for meatloaf.

I have always used saltine crackers.
But I'm planning on using sweat cornbread and a little cheese nip crackers next time (got that idea from a neighbor).

I use lean hamburger and sausage mixed together.
Eggs
onion
a little worchestershire sause, salt, pepper, mustard

And I make the coating sauce with ketchup and brown sugar.

But the real question I want to ask is if anyone has ever added chopped celery?
I'm wondering if it would alter the taste too much.

I may bake most of it as above, but bake a little dish with some celery in it and see if is OK.
I use one lb ground beef, 1 cup Italian bread crumbs, 1 egg, a handful of dried onion or a packet of Lipton onion soup mix, 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup, about two tablespoons of soy sauce or terriyaki sauce. Mix very well and top with 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup. Bake at 350 for about an hour. I've had it with celery in it (but didn't make it that way). It tastes all right to me. Sometimes, I will top it with a can of tomato paste instead of mushroom soup. From my experience, celery tends to take on the flavor of whatever it's cooked with and doesn't affect the flavor of whatever you're making it with.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks, Nori.

No celery is the vote.
The men in this household say they would prefer meat that doesn't taste like veggies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Left out the celery.
But the family did like the cornbread better than saltine crackers.

The Berean

Hi Nori!

How is Jessica doing? I think you mentioned before that she was rebelling from God and had gone full on leftist/liberal?

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Nori!

How is Jessica doing? I think you mentioned before that she was rebelling from God and had gone full on leftist/liberal?

Still rebelling. She's coming back up here on the 18th of this month. I told her that she can only stay for two months, tops. So, the day after she gets here, she's going job hunting. I've already arranged a ride for her since she wants to work in Greensburg so that I don't have to make two trips a day (to and from) 25 miles each way. I also suggested that after she gets a little money saved up that she not only get a car but also ask the lady that I arranged her to get a ride with if she could rent one of her rooms since her youngest son lives in the second house on her property. She lives in a three bedroom house and her son lives in a two bedroom mobile home.

Chris did move out, finally. I'm enjoying the peace and quiet of having my house back.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I see, Nori. Jessica is going onto my prayer list!

I appreciate it. She has decided to go to college. She's going into computer programming. Right now, I'm just hoping that she gets a job that can support her. She's 28 and shouldn't have to rely on me to make sure that she has a home with utilities and food. I had to have done something wrong, raising her.