Ask Sherman

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Another request. When I switched to BB code edit mode, now I don’t have a preview option prior to posting. Is that available?

The button on the top right that looks like a sheet of paper with a magnifying glass is the preview button

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am aware of that button. I am not sure other users are.

Derf

The button on the top right that looks like a sheet of paper with a magnifying glass is the preview button

Yes, when you hover your mouse over it... it says "Preview".
I used that button before, and it worked. But that was when the reply field was not bbcode mode. I think I even switched to bbcode mode in one of those replies.

Now when I start a reply, it starts in bbcode mode, I can’t switch to formatted text mode, and the button to preview doesn’t do anything.

Derf

I used that button before, and it worked. But that was when the reply field was not bbcode mode. I think I even switched to bbcode mode in one of those replies.

Now when I start a reply, it starts in bbcode mode, I can’t switch to formatted text mode, and the button to preview doesn’t do anything.

Wait. I think I figured it out. I have to go back to formatted text mode first, then hit the preview button.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Oh wow. I like that I can delete a whole thread by deleting my first post. Awesome. I had made a duplicate thread and I tried to delete the first post and it let me

Derf

Oh wow. I like that I can delete a whole thread by deleting my first post. Awesome. I had made a duplicate thread and I tried to delete the first post and it let me
It deletes all comments from others, too? That seems like too powerful a command, if one is losing an argument, for instance.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay - I am fixing that because it is a glitch in the settings. Only staff should be able to delete threads.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Adding back the user banners.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Is there a way to increase the number of posts displayed on one page?

I like to have as many as possible on one page. It makes it easier to refer back to previous posts. Also, sometimes a thread will go into turbo mode where tons of posts are made in rapid succession and its way easier (for me) to keep up with if you're not having to bounce around from page to page trying to find the first one you haven't already read or the one you're wanting to quote from or whatever.

Currently its displaying 20 posts per page. I'd love to see at least 40 but I'd be happy with 100 or even a setting that just displayed the whole entire thread on one page.

Clete

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is there a way to increase the number of posts displayed on one page?

I like to have as many as possible on one page. It makes it easier to refer back to previous posts. Also, sometimes a thread will go into turbo mode where tons of posts are made in rapid succession and its way easier (for me) to keep up with if you're not having to bounce around from page to page trying to find the first one you haven't already read or the one you're wanting to quote from or whatever.

Currently its displaying 20 posts per page. I'd love to see at least 40 but I'd be happy with 100 or even a setting that just displayed the whole entire thread on one page.

Clete

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything, but I'm not all that familiar with the admin stuff.

@Boomer knows more than I do and could probably answer this...

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Each page has 20 posts. That is to make it load faster. If I make it more than that it might make the site too slow. I can increase it, but I don't think the site will perform very well if I do.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Could we try for 30? Even just for a bit to see how it does?

Right Divider

Body part
Each page has 20 posts. That is to make it load faster. If I make it more than that it might make the site too slow. I can increase it, but I don't think the site will perform very well if I do.
It's odd that there is no user specific setting. Everyone's situation (connectivity-wise is different), so the page size is personal. I have an extremely fast connection, so I'd like a much larger page size (like at least 100).