Ask Sherman

Derf

Each page has 20 posts. That is to make it load faster. If I make it more than that it might make the site too slow. I can increase it, but I don't think the site will perform very well if I do.
i found this conversation at a zenforo forum:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes - it slows the load time. That is why they have chopped it down.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's odd that there is no user specific setting. Everyone's situation (connectivity-wise is different), so the page size is personal. I have an extremely fast connection, so I'd like a much larger page size (like at least 100).
I have a very fast connection too, but not everyone does. I will discuss this with the other staff and we'll decide what is a good post count for each page.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Looking at it in the Admin panel - I can increase the number of threads displayed on the front page - but not the posts. That is not a editable option on this platform even from the Admin side. The reasoning behind this, on the Zenforo site is because it would cause URL issues.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Ah well. Guess we'll have to live with it then.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Will there eventually be a chat box and woodshed access for Lifetime and paid members? We had them as benefits for our membership prior to the updates.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will browse and see if there is a widget on the forum for a chatbox. The way the software is set up, the reports don't go to the woodshed, so that has gone away. A reports area is a thing of the past.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is not a setting for a chatbox. It would have to be a widget we would have to buy.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I will browse and see if there is a widget on the forum for a chatbox. The way the software is set up, the reports don't go to the woodshed, so that has gone away. A reports area is a thing of the past.

1) Does that mean that certain privileged members were able to read the read the reports of other less privileged members? That does not seem good at all. That is fuel for back-channel plots and conspiracies to be formed. I am glad that is gone if that was indeed the case.

2) How do I get a Lifetime Member badge and a Hall of Fame badge?

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The lifetime member badge is a carry over from the old board. It's up to owner of they roll that out again. Users that contributed 500 dollars to the upkeep of the site got that badge.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The lifetime member badge is a carry over from the old board. It's up to owner of they roll that out again. Users that contributed 500 dollars to the upkeep of the site got that badge.

LOL. I can't remember ever having 500 in my pocket. I need a special badge just for me. :)

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How can I edit my signature?
1. Click your username/avatar in the upper right hand corner. A dropdown will appear.
2. Select signature and edit.

Notes. Links are disallowed because they have been abused too much by the likes of Freeblight and Serpentdove.

Right Divider

Body part
1. Click your username/avatar in the upper right hand corner. A dropdown will appear.
2. Select signature and edit.

Notes. Links are disallowed because they have been abused too much by the likes of Freeblight and Serpentdove.
There is no signature to select in that dropdown.