• JALTUS

Votes: 29 87.9%
  • s9s27s54

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelation717

Therefore, not hardly means exactly! That is not what the person is trying to communicate, and therefore the meaning is changed because they used an improper method of forming a sentence.

And your advocating the new versions?

Tell us how you know that the person who used the phrase "not hardly" meant anything other than "exactly".

s9 57 23 42's train derailed before the first post was written. And from the looks of round 1 and the first post of round 2, s 983746352 hasn't even a clue as to debating style and tactics. I feel sorry for him/her and this will be a typical New Version scholar vs. unedumacated bible thumper that is the rave today.

I myself am a King James advocate for the simple fact that I have seen it's fruit and it is Wonderful, I have read it's message and it is Glorious and I have believed it's Author to whom I owe everything, to God be the glory in the highest.
As a high school drop out I found absolutely no difficulty with it's interpretation yet I find much turmoil with the words of the new versions, which thing ought not be. The slaves of the 17- 1800's were able to receive it's message just as the slaves today are still able to receive it's knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, even though they suffered bondage from their taskmasters they were able, through the simplicity found in the KJV, to be set free, for as the Lord thus saith.." If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
Joh:8:32: And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
''
The KJV is beautifully written and still today is (and I'm not sure) among one of the greatest literary works known to man, surpassing all other Bibles for it's eloquence and style. ~Now you tell me that God did not write it! And if He did then tell us as well why He would author so many other's with differing messages/opinions?

But if we are all subject to opinions rather than the whole counsel of God, then God help us all.

Last edited:

themuzicman

INCOMING! RUN FOR COVER! WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!

AND WHATEVER YOU DO, STAY AWAY FROM S9!

Apparantly, he doesn't understand classical debate, nor does he understand the nature of the question.

The debate isn't whether other versions are valid or not. Jaltus isn't obligated to defend ANY other translation. The debate is about whether the KJV is the only valid version.

Michael

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by themuzicman
INCOMING! RUN FOR COVER! WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!

AND WHATEVER YOU DO, STAY AWAY FROM S9!

Apparantly, he doesn't understand classical debate, nor does he understand the nature of the question.

The debate isn't whether other versions are valid or not. Jaltus isn't obligated to defend ANY other translation. The debate is about whether the KJV is the only valid version.

Michael
Play nice now... :)

Keep in mind we do not bill the the Battle Royale's as "classical debate".

But I would say that S9 better find some meat and potatoes pretty quick.

Revelation717

Yxboom, I concur, and my apologies as well if I have presumed incorrectly.

In order to debate whether it is the ONLY valid version the assumption must be made that there are other valid versions, therefore Jaltus will in fact need to defend the validity of the modern versions. Forgive me if I'm mistaken but the battle's topic implies not only that there must be evidence to this conjecture of whether or not there are other "VALID" versions but that the KJV may be an "INVALID" version.

With this said where does that leave any of us?

In my humble opinion, in the hands of man, moreover men that look to have pre-eminence and love those alphabetical titles (PhD, MBA, AKA, NWA, DR., Fr. etc.............. the list goes on)

Hence the Scriptures live and justify those who dare to place faith and believe:

1Co:1:20: Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

Last edited:

cthoma11

Originally posted by Knight
Play nice now... :)

Keep in mind we do not bill the the Battle Royale's as "classical debate".

But I would say that S9 better find some meat and potatoes pretty quick.

I'm new here but I would have to agree with themuzicman. It may not be a classical debate, but I was expecting better than the Monty Python argument sketch. Was I expecting too much?

S9's questions 1, 3, 4 and 5 are irrelevant, and to me, 2 seems self refuting from the KJV only point of view.

Redeemed

Originally posted by Revelation717
Forgive me if I'm mistaken but the battle's topic implies not only that there must be evidence to this conjecture of whether or not there are other "VALID" versions but that the KJV may be an "INVALID" version.
OK, you're forgiven for being mistaken. There is no such implication.

The topic of debate is: Is the King James Version the only inspired translation for today?

There is NO need to prove that the KJV is "invalid" in order to prove that other versions are "valid".

You're approach is from an either/or perspective: EITHER the KJV is the ONLY inspired version OR no version is inspired. This is faulty logic. (I'm sure there is a formal name for this type of argument that someone would be happy to supply. PilgrimAgain?)

With this said where does that leave any of us?
With the facts and our ability to understand them.

C

cirisme

I think s9 totally wasted his third post.

That's disappointing. They only have ten posts each.

cthoma11

Originally posted by Redeemed

You're approach is from an either/or perspective: EITHER the KJV is the ONLY inspired version OR no version is inspired. This is faulty logic. (I'm sure there is a formal name for this type of argument that someone would be happy to supply. PilgrimAgain?)
False Dilemma

Redeemed

s9 should not be treating this as a "battle" but as an "educational experience". He stands to learn a lot.... if his pride doesn't cause him to fall upon his own sword.

Y

Yxboom

Still will anyone PUH-LEASE answer...

Originally posted by Yxboom
Hello!!!

Is the debate regarding divine inspiration of the KJB or divine preservation via KJB? The BR seems to imply the former which is just totally ludicrous. Than again. It may be accurate.

Is this debate whether the KJB is "inspired" or if it is the "inspired" autographs "preserved"?

Ian Day

Why could no-one offer a reply to this?
Ian
When you look at the KJV preface, you will see the sycophantic dedication to a corrupt king who was opposed to the Geneva Bible as used by the Puritans. The blessing of England during the previous 50 years since the Tyndale/Coverdale English Bible was introduced, & the 200 years of the Wycliffe translation of the Vulgate, was coming to an end.

Within 9 years of its publication, the Pilgrim Fathers left for America to seek freedom to live as Christians. In 30 years, the Civil War began. Two years after the monarchy was restored, 2000 Christian ministers were expelled from their churches, and many were imprisonned. The church declined for over 100 years following the KJV, until the Methodist revival. As time went on, the KJV could do nothing to halt the religious 'downgrade' of Spurgeon's time. The Revised Version of 1881 did not have the wide acceptance necessary to contribute to apostacy (as if it could).

Its not Bible versions that cause the problems. Its unbelief. If people were to read & believe the Bible, they would repent, believe Christ, and be saved.

I challenge you to produce a list of errors directly attributed to using other than the KJV.

C

cirisme

American English is closer to the kJV language than English English is.

Y

Yxboom

Cause it is obvious.........Knight sold out to the Mafia backing of Jaltus.

P

Pilgrimagain

Originally posted by Redeemed

OK, you're forgiven for being mistaken. There is no such implication.

The topic of debate is: Is the King James Version the only inspired translation for today?

There is NO need to prove that the KJV is "invalid" in order to prove that other versions are "valid".

With the facts and our ability to understand them.

Fallacy of the exculded middle I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.