BEL on TV remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.

frugalmom

Night Elf
There's bound to be people here at TOL who remember the good old days of BEL on TV. I remember quite a bit and probably still have some on VHS tapes around here. :chuckle:

He had quite a liberal audience - you could tell that by alot of the phone calls. The gay-away and dyke-off was always handy. And for some of them there was a rotating box of ummm....oh yeah fruity O-shaped cereal. I remember this one guy calling in trying to push vegetarianism, and Bob was explaining to him that we have molars too so we eat grains and meat. :chuckle:

Sometimes he would have a guest named John Mangopolous. Those were hilarious. He could even be more harsh than Bob.

On one of the earlier shows he pretended to eat eagle eggs - anyone remember any of this? Of course he was making a point, and he was right.

What does everyone else remember about BEL on TV?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I didn't see many episodes, but it was enough to make an impression on me and start investigating evolutionism vs. creationism.

I've only seen John Mangopolous on the Calvanism debate video, but I've heard Bob mention him on the Bible study tapes. He seems like a neat guy.

If they could find that eagle eggs episode, it might be a good seller. I've heard the story told on the kgov show a few times.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Re: BEL on TV remembered

Originally posted by frugalmom
I remember quite a bit and probably still have some on VHS tapes around here. :chuckle:
Oh I have a few tapes. Enough that I've had to label and alphabatize them. :D

We used to go in his chat room while the show was on. There were regulars in there that would show up every night. He was in there with us once during his show.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Has anyone seen the "bug" episode where Bob held a bug hostage? A liberal caller needed to call in and make a donation or the bug would be killed at the end of the show. A caller called in and offered Bob $500.00 to kill the bug now. SQWASH!

A good tape to get the see classic Bob is "Video Fruitcake". I have some of the old shows on tape and even a few episodes of "Bob Enyart Presents" which aired in Denver only for a few months.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There may be some videos available online in the near future:

New Hard Drive and Videos Coming!
We have aquired a new hard drive for our server and will start placing up video soon!"

Video Server Coming Soon!
We are looking to get a video server up. We have hundreds of Bob Enyart Live television episodes we are working to get up. Hopefully we'll have it up soon.

http://www.enyart.com/news/

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shimei
A good tape to get the see classic Bob is "Video Fruitcake".
I think we need a "Fruitcake" thread around here. We get a lot of strange posts sometimes but this thread would be strictly for those "really out there" posts.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
I don't remember the bug, but I remember the tomato being held hostage : laughing:

I could not believe someone called in to take him to task over a tomato. The callers best argument was "it's wasteful". : rolls eyes:

The eagle egg was indeed classic. I appriciated the secondary lesson of it: pointing out just how caring all the enviros actually are. How many #s did he call before he fried it?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Poly
I think we need a "Fruitcake" thread around here. We get a lot of strange posts sometimes but this thread would be strictly for those "really out there" posts.
A bizzaro-POTD?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Oh! Oh!

I almost forgot the gal on drugs!

(paraphrasing)
Bob: I can tell when people are on drugs.
Gal: : giggle giggle: How do you know? :giggle giggle:
Bob: Because they can't quit laughing.
Gal: :giggle giggle: Oh....

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Nineveh
I don't remember the bug, but I remember the tomato being held hostage : laughing:

I could not believe someone called in to take him to task over a tomato. The callers best argument was "it's wasteful". : rolls eyes:

I think there is a reference to the tomato in Video Fruitcake. There is a picture of a guy with a knife about to stab a tomato with the phrase "Stop! Or I will kill again!" Or something like that.

Understanding the difference between "Kill" and "Murder" is something liberals refuse to understand. They completely reverse the definitions. What it is really about is their hate for God.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

:bannana:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow
You know, a bizzaro POTD would be great! Like a "Fruitcake POTD!"
Oh this is a great idea. We wouldn't even need a seperate POTD thread. Just specigy "Fruitcake POTD" if that's what we're choosing for the day. Oh I have another idea...We could....wait a minute...

:::poly heads for the WarRoom:::

frugalmom

Night Elf
Re: Re: BEL on TV remembered

Re: Re: BEL on TV remembered

Oh I have a few tapes. Enough that I've had to label and alphabatize them. :D

We used to go in his chat room while the show was on. There were regulars in there that would show up every night. He was in there with us once during his show.

We didn't have internet then. I recall him talking about the chat room though.

Status
Not open for further replies.