Believing on Christ is a evidence of being born again !

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The saved man is not saved because he believes, but believes because he is saved !MDB

False.

Remember, "believes unto righteousness," and "confession is made unto salvation," and "whoever calls shall be saved.

beloved57

Beliving on Christ is an evidence of one having spiritual life, for faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22 who is the giver of Spiritual life. Remeber Jesus said of the Spirit Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Quickeneth means : make alive, give life, spiritual living and spiritual life which is needed to receive Christs spiritual words.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Beliving on Christ is an evidence of one having spiritual life,

No, it's not. Why are you ignoring scripture, B57?

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.” - Romans 10:9-13 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:9-13&version=NKJV

for faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

Incorrect.

I can see why you made that error, but error nonetheless it is.

The fruit is "faithfulness," not faith.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. - Galatians 5:22-23 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians5:22-23&version=NKJV

who is the giver of Spiritual life.

INDEED HE IS!

Remember Jesus said of the Spirit Jn 6:63

63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

AMEN!

Quickeneth means: make alive, give life,

True.

spiritual living and spiritual life which is needed to receive Christs spiritual words.

False.

beloved57

Man needs to be born again before he can believe the Gospel, otherwise man is dead in sin. By nature man in his best state is altogether vanity Ps 39:5,11

Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity.

When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

John Gill writes:

verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. As vanity may signify sin, emptiness, folly, falsehood, fickleness, and inconstancy; for man is a very sinful creature, empty of all that is good; foolish as to the knowledge of divine things; he is deceiving and deceived, his heart is deceitful and desperately wicked; and he is unstable in all his ways: he is "all vanity"
The word means worthless and unprofitable . Paul wrote of the natural man Rom 3:12

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

(lit: I become sour, I turn, of milk), I am good for nothing, render useless; met: I become corrupt.

This is why Jesus says Jn 6:44 No man can come to me !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Man needs to be born again before he can believe the Gospel,

Chapter, verse.

You can't provide any, because scripture says the opposite:

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “ Lord, who has believed our report?”So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. - Romans 10:9-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:9-17&version=NKJV

But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Thessalonians2:13-14&version=NKJV

otherwise man is dead in sin.

Only after reaching the age of accountability.

Prior to that, every individual is alive to God.

By nature man in his best state is altogether vanity Ps 39:5,11

Not what the verses say at all.

Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my age is as nothing before You; Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah . . . When with rebukes You correct man for iniquity, You make his beauty melt away like a moth; Surely every man is vapor. Selah - Psalm 39:5,11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm39:5,11&version=NKJV

Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity.

When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

It has nothing to do with what you're trying to make it say, b57.

John Gill writes:

Why should I care what a man says when what he says goes against what God's word says? God's word is always correct. Man's is fallible.

The word means worthless and unprofitable.

Supra.

Paul wrote of the natural man Rom 3:12

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

False. Paul was speaking about ALL (yes, literally all) humans, both Jews AND Gentiles.

(lit: I become sour, I turn, of milk), I am good for nothing, render useless; met: I become corrupt.

This is why Jesus says Jn 6:44 No man can come to me!

More cherry picking verses.

beloved57

Chapter, verse.

You can't provide any, because scripture says the opposite:

that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes on Him will not be put to shame.”For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, for the same Lord over all is rich to all who call upon Him.For “whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher?And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things!”But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Isaiah says, “ Lord, who has believed our report?”So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. - Romans 10:9-17 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans10:9-17&version=NKJV

But we are bound to give thanks to God always for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God from the beginning chose you for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth,to which He called you by our gospel, for the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Thessalonians2:13-14&version=NKJV

Only after reaching the age of accountability.

Prior to that, every individual is alive to God.

Not what the verses say at all.

Indeed, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my age is as nothing before You; Certainly every man at his best state is but vapor. Selah . . . When with rebukes You correct man for iniquity, You make his beauty melt away like a moth; Surely every man is vapor. Selah - Psalm 39:5,11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm39:5,11&version=NKJV

It has nothing to do with what you're trying to make it say, b57.

Why should I care what a man says when what he says goes against what God's word says? God's word is always correct. Man's is fallible.

Supra.

False. Paul was speaking about ALL (yes, literally all) humans, both Jews AND Gentiles.

More cherry picking verses.
The natural man cant receive the things of the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:14

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The natural man cant receive the things of the Spirit of God.

If that were true, then NO MAN could EVER get saved!

Yet both you and I claim to be saved!

So therefore what you are saying must be wrong, and indeed, when we look at what the verse ACTUALLY SAYS:

1 Cor 2:14

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:14&version=NKJV

. . . We find that it DOES NOT SAY that the natural man CANNOT receive the things of the Spirit, but that he DOES NOT.

Why?

Because it's foolishness.

That's why it takes a REVELATION to show him that it's NOT foolishness...

What kind of revelation?

How about simply preaching the gospel?!?

What Jesus said is true in John 6:44! Unless God draws someone, he cannot come to Christ!

How does a man get drawn?

By a preacher, sent by God, preaching the gospel (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14)! By hearing the word of God preached, and if he hears it, he can respond to it, and believe, and call upon the name of the Lord, and be saved.

beloved57

If that were true, then NO MAN could EVER get saved!

Yet both you and I claim to be saved!

So therefore what you are saying must be wrong, and indeed, when we look at what the verse ACTUALLY SAYS:

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. - 1 Corinthians 2:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:14&version=NKJV

. . . We find that it DOES NOT SAY that the natural man CANNOT receive the things of the Spirit, but that he DOES NOT.

Why?

Because it's foolishness.

That's why it takes a REVELATION to show him that it's NOT foolishness...

What kind of revelation?

How about simply preaching the gospel?!?

What Jesus said is true in John 6:44! Unless God draws someone, he cannot come to Christ!

How does a man get drawn?

By a preacher, sent by God, preaching the gospel (2 Thessalonians 2:13-14)! By hearing the word of God preached, and if he hears it, he can respond to it, and believe, and call upon the name of the Lord, and be saved.
Thats why Salvation is impossible with man, and it must be 100% of God !

Nanja

Man needs to be born again before he can believe the Gospel, otherwise man is dead in sin. By nature man in his best state is altogether vanity Ps 39:5,11

John Gill writes:

The word means worthless and unprofitable . Paul wrote of the natural man Rom 3:12

This is why Jesus says Jn 6:44 No man can come to me !
Amen, exactly Brother !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You kidding me right ? Don't you believe there are sinners God wants to save, Christ died for, yet they will be lost ?

Yes. That is an entirely separate matter from God being the sole provider of salvation.

It's not one pie. It's two.

Status
Not open for further replies.