Blasphemous Minister Who Supports Polyamory Claims ‘Holy Trinity Is a Polyamorous ...

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Blasphemous Minister Who Supports Polyamory Claims ‘Holy Trinity Is a Polyamorous Relationship’

DALLAS, Texas — A blasphemous Baptist minister in Texas known for his book “The Queering of an American Evangelical” says that he supports polyamorous—or plural—relationships and believes that God Himself is polyamorous.

“The Holy Trinity is a polyamorous relationship,” Jeff Hood, who holds a doctorate with a focus in “queer theology” from Brite Divinity School and who was ordained at a church within the Southern Baptist Convention, asserted during a recent Patheos interview with Chuck McKnight.

“You can’t talk about the level of intimacy and ecstasy that these three beings are constantly experiencing without defining their relationship in such a way,” he claimed. “Their love has always been and will always be a shared phenomenon. In the Holy Trinity, love is never denied. We should spend our lives making sure that the love of polyamorous individuals is never denied and always protected. The Holy Trinity demands it.”

Hood has stated before on his website that he believes that “the disciples and Jesus were involved in some sort of polyamorous relationship.”

In August, he told Jennifer Martin of Splinter that he thinks polyamorous relationships reflect the Trinity.

“Not only is polyamory a positive thing, I think it’s a holy thing,” Hood opined. “I think it mimics the personhood of God. Different relationships can show us different things, and I think polyamory can show us what the Trinity looks like.”

Hood has also outlined that he believes that because “love is love,” polyamorous relationships should be supported just like same-sex relationships.

“While there could be many explanations of the polyamorous God, the one that matters the most is this: God dwells within the oppressed and marginalized (Matthew 25). Polyamorous folks are constantly oppressed and marginalized,” he told McKnight. “God is polyamorous, and if we want to get saved than we have to figure out a way to become connected to polyamory.”

Hood acknowledged during the interview that his views are rejected by many Christians, who he called “church [expletives] that have no knowledge of God.”

“Do these people sound like they know anything about love? [Expletive] no. I ain’t listening to a [expletive] word they say,” he said. “I know who I’m listening to. I hear the voice of God, ‘I am the way, the truth and the life. No one can can love Me and condemn polyamory, for I am polyamorous.'”

Hood’s views on the subject have been met with mixed reaction.

“God explicitly condones polygamy and the whole Bride of Christ is polygamous,” one commenter wrote.

“Plural unity within the Trinity is not polyamory,” another stated. “What people want to do is their business; however, if you feel the need to justify it scripturally, at least be less sloppy when you try. Otherwise you’re just preaching to the choir, so to speak.”

“Jeff Hood is clearly biblically ignorant. His so-called knowledge of God comes from Satan,” a third wrote.

Disgusting pervert.

2 Peter 2:1 Now there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies that even deny the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow in their depravity, and because of them the way of the truth will be defamed.…

everready

Is this the guy?

images

A graduate of Auburn University, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Emory Universitys Candler School of Theology, University of Alabama and Creighton University

Charles Spurgeon left the Baptist convention many years ago, did he see the writing on the wall?

everready

Reactions: Lon

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
images

A graduate of Auburn University, Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Emory Universitys Candler School of Theology, University of Alabama and Creighton University

Charles Spurgeon left the Baptist convention many years ago, did he see the writing on the wall?

everready

Are you trying to claim those institutions taught him those things?

everready

Are you trying to claim those institutions taught him those things?

Nothing of the kind.. why did Spurgeon leave the convention? Could it have been for this reason among others?

Nineteenth century preacher, Charles Haddon Spurgeon held no regard for the Roman Catholic Church. Among other reasons, his firmness against the Roman Church had much to do with his leaving the Baptist Union. Today’s American Baptists USA preachers like to quote Spurgeon as a means of pulpit credibility, but would never dare use the following quote because the American Baptists USA joined the National Council of Churches that has partnered with the Roman Catholic Church.

“It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Anti-Christ, and as to what Anti-Christ is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not Popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name…because it wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His Glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread in the place of the Saviour, and a few drops of water in place of the Holy Ghost, and puts a fallible man like ourselves up as the Vicar of Christ on earth; if we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors; we shall love their souls though we loath and detest their dogmas, and so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened, because we turn our faces towards Christ when we pray.”

C. H. Spurgeon

Spurgeon saw the wolves entering the flock and decided it was time to leave is all..

everready

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nothing of the kind.. why did Spurgeon leave the convention? Could it have been for this reason among others?

Nineteenth century preacher, Charles Haddon Spurgeon held no regard for the Roman Catholic Church. Among other reasons, his firmness against the Roman Church had much to do with his leaving the Baptist Union. Today’s American Baptists USA preachers like to quote Spurgeon as a means of pulpit credibility, but would never dare use the following quote because the American Baptists USA joined the National Council of Churches that has partnered with the Roman Catholic Church.

“It is the bounden duty of every Christian to pray against Anti-Christ, and as to what Anti-Christ is no sane man ought to raise a question. If it be not Popery in the Church of Rome there is nothing in the world that can be called by that name…because it wounds Christ, because it robs Christ of His Glory, because it puts sacramental efficacy in the place of His atonement, and lifts a piece of bread in the place of the Saviour, and a few drops of water in place of the Holy Ghost, and puts a fallible man like ourselves up as the Vicar of Christ on earth; if we pray against it, because it is against Him, we shall love the persons though we hate their errors; we shall love their souls though we loath and detest their dogmas, and so the breath of our prayers will be sweetened, because we turn our faces towards Christ when we pray.”

C. H. Spurgeon

Spurgeon saw the wolves entering the flock and decided it was time to leave is all..

everready

This thread isnt about Charles Spurgeon. Thanks. You even admit where he went to school, didnt teach the blashphemy of this pervert in the op.

Got anything relevant to the thread to add?

everready

If this guy didn't pick up his theology at one of these institutions where did it come from?

everready

*edit: Its not impossible you know..

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If this guy didn't pick up his theology at one of these institutions where did it come from?

everready

*edit: Its not impossible you know..

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.

30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

From the father of lies.

John 8:44
44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Jeremiah 17:9
9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

He gets it from his deceitful wicked heart.

Luke 6:44 For each tree is known by its own fruit. Indeed, people do not gather figs from thornbushes, or grapes from brambles. 45The good man brings good things out of the good treasure of his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil treasure of his heart. For out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks.

Also see the verse in the op.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Polygamy

Matt 19:10-11
10 His disciples said to Him, "If such is the case of the man with his wife, it is better not to marry."
11 But He said to them, "All cannot accept this saying, but only those to whom it has been given:
(NKJ)

1 Cor 7:1-4
1 Now concerning the things of which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
2 Nevertheless, because of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.
3 Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband.
4 The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.
(NKJ)

1 Cor 7:7-8
7 For I wish that all men were even as I myself. But each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that.
8 But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am;
(NKJ)

1 Cor 7:32-38
32 But I want you to be without care. He who is unmarried cares for the things of the Lord-- how he may please the Lord.
33 But he who is married cares about the things of the world-- how he may please his wife.
34 There is a difference between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman cares about the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit. But she who is married cares about the things of the world-- how she may please her husband.
35 And this I say for your own profit, not that I may put a leash on you, but for what is proper, and that you may serve the Lord without distraction.
36 But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes. He does not sin; let them marry.
37 Nevertheless he who stands steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but has power over his own will, and has so determined in his heart that he will keep his virgin, does well.
38 So then he who gives her in marriage does well, but he who does not give her in marriage does better.
(NKJ)

xxx Marriage is singular. Let each Man(singular) have his own wife(singular). And let each woman(singular) have her own husband(singular). One man one woman. Anything outside that is fornication.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
It gets worse with each passing day. :nono:

Come soon Lord Jesus.

It's heartbreaking our children and grandchildren are faced with all this perversion.
And yet Paul's challenge is remarkable, to people living in a culture that must have been similarly perverted:
1st Corinthians 5
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with [perverts]: 10 Yet not altogether with the [perverts] of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world. 11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a [pervert], or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a [drunk], or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

The easiest thing in the world would be to simply avoid perverts and drunks, and keep them away from us, but that's exactly what Paul's written not to do. He does say to be very strict with those who claim to be, or who are believers, but who are perverts and drunks; "with such an one no not to eat."