Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

I think it's a very Christian attitude to say to... [an unrepentant] homosexual, "Look, you're filthy. Stay filthy." Now, do you think that's Christian? I think it is.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
2nd BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Janet Jackson did conservative Christians a favor by overplaying her hand. That's what Osama Bin Laden did on 9/11. He overplayed his hand. That's what the Japanese did on December 7th, 1941 at Pearl Harbor. They overplayed their hand. And that's what the homosexuals are doing now with homo marriage. They're overplaying their hand. And so there ends up being a backlash and each of these groups have lost the battle that they started.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
3rd BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Is it a good idea for the government to fine broadcasters for indecency? No it's not. Now they should not put up with using the public airwaves for sexual immorality. That should not be permitted. But fines are a bad idea. If the punishment for a crime is that the government gets 10 million dollars, isn't that a conflict of interest?...What should it be instead of fines? For the first or second offense the Bible talks about flogging. I think my office manager would volunteer. Get Howard Stern there. Now that would be a segment for a show huh? Howard Stern crying out with 15 lashes?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
4th BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Sandra Sing-Lowe (sp?) out in California who got fired from an NPR radio station there said, "That I could get fired over this has everybody there in a white-hot panic."

A white-hot panic? Why would there be a white-hot panic? They can't control themselves putting the "f" word in their programming? What, do they all have Turrets Syndrome or something?

Granite

Hall of Fame
"I think it's a very Christian attitude to say to... [an unrepentant] homosexual, 'Look, you're filthy. Stay filthy.' Now, do you think that's Christian? I think it is."

Typical Enyart. I don't recall the Stay Filthy parable among Jesus' greatest hits...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Bob really likes the idea of flogging people.

But why stop at 15 lashes? Why not 50? It isn't like a whip, properly applied, will cause significant injury after 50 lashes.

And don't tell me that injuring the person being punished won't teach them anything; personal experience puts the lie to that.

You haven't lived until a parent hits you with a skillet.

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Gerald

Bob really likes the idea of flogging people.

But why stop at 15 lashes? Why not 50?

"If there is a dispute between men, and they come to court, that the judges may judge them, and they justify the righteous and condemn the wicked, then it shall be, if the wicked man deserves to be beaten, that the judge will cause him to lie down and be beaten in his presence, according to his guilt, with a certain number of blows. Forty blows he may give him and no more, lest he should exceed this and beat him with many blows above these, and your brother be humiliated in your sight." Deuteronomy 25:1-3

It isn't like a whip, properly applied, will cause significant injury after 50 lashes.
How would you know?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Gerald
You haven't lived until a parent hits you with a skillet.
Gerald, as much as I despise you I still can't help feeling sorry for you because of your upbringing.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Jefferson
Gerald, as much as I despise you I still can't help feeling sorry for you because of your upbringing.
Save your pity, Jefferson.

My upbringing taught me how the world really works; that the one with the biggest stick is the one who's right.

Mateo

It is slowly dawning on me that, almost to a man (or woman), our participating athiests are mad at God for what has been visited on them by man.

There are those that post here who have experienced the same and worse who have had an entirely different response to this treatment.

I'm curious what it is that separates the two.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Mateo
It is slowly dawning on me that, almost to a man (or woman), our participating athiests are mad at God for what has been visited on them by man.
Why should I be "mad at God"? He wasn't the one hurling kitchenware at me...

Status
Not open for further replies.