Bob's Hydroplate Seminar in Indianapolis

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
Bob is conducting a seminar here in Indianapolis this Saturday (Dec. 14th 2013) on the Hydroplate Theory.

Is anyone from TOL going to be there besides me?

I am registered but due to some work obligations I will probably be late. I have to do some things the morning of the seminar that will probably last until about 11:30 or 11:45. I then have to get to the airport Raddison.

If you are going to be there could you do me a favor? STALL HIM!

Do whatever it takes to delay Bob until I get there. Start a debate about how public schools are a good choice to educate your children or how churches should continue preaching "Judge Not" or even try to convince Bob that OJ Simpson was innocent. Just do anything so that he starts about a half-hour late so I can get there.

Thank you.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:chuckle:

Make sure he does not describe the mid ocean ridges as scars from the fountains of the great deep. They are scars of the reformation of the Earth event, which necessarily closely follow the passage of the fountain eruption.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

Make sure he does not describe the mid ocean ridges as scars from the fountains of the great deep. They are scars of the reformation of the Earth event, which necessarily closely follow the passage of the fountain eruption.

Maybe someone could get him to start talking about how we should observe the Sabbath and how it is to be a perpetual covenant for all time. That might save me enough time to get there to not miss anything.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want regular Facebook updates! Who can I make admin to post quotes and images to the official Hydroplate page?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Bob is conducting a seminar here in Indianapolis this Saturday (Dec. 14th 2013) on the Hydroplate Theory.

Is anyone from TOL going to be there besides me?

I am registered but due to some work obligations I will probably be late. I have to do some things the morning of the seminar that will probably last until about 11:30 or 11:45. I then have to get to the airport Raddison.

If you are going to be there could you do me a favor? STALL HIM!

Do whatever it takes to delay Bob until I get there. Start a debate about how public schools are a good choice to educate your children or how churches should continue preaching "Judge Not" or even try to convince Bob that OJ Simpson was innocent. Just do anything so that he starts about a half-hour late so I can get there.

Thank you.

I'd be going if I could, but, alas, I don't have the money at this time.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame

Jukia

The only one that I know of is Walt Browns own website.

http://www.creationscience.com/onlinebook/

But I am confident that you were already aware of that one.

There is also Bob Enyart's kgov pages where he discusses Walt's Theory. But again, I am sure you were aware of them as well.

http://kgov.com/hydroplate-theory-walt-brown-interview

http://kgov.com/list-of-answers-to-hydroplate-objections

I am aware of those. I thought perhaps that there was some other site, obviously Stripe-man's response was his usual garbage

I wonder if anyone with real knowledge of the underlying science will bother to go or if it has been publicized at any universities with some grad students who could use an afternoon of hilarity?

The real question remains---why is Pastor Bob doing this instead of Dr. Brown?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am aware of those. I thought perhaps that there was some other site, obviously Stripe-man's response was his usual garbage I wonder if anyone with real knowledge of the underlying science will bother to go or if it has been publicized at any universities with some grad students who could use an afternoon of hilarity? The real question remains---why is Pastor Bob doing this instead of Dr. Brown?

:darwinsm:

:mock: Jukia.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My wife and I would have gone if she would have been able to take either Friday or Sunday off work, but 1 day 6 hour round trip for a 6 hour seminar didn't seem like too much fun in the middle of December, when it could easily turn into an 8 hour round trip.

Jukia

Or maybe the site to which he referred is none of your business...

Maybe because it was Bob's idea to do a seminar on the subject.:dunce::duh:

A secret site? How exciting. Golly gee I wish I could find it. I am sure it will provide cogent explanations for Dr. Brown's theory. Although if it did then as a scientist he would publicize the secret site. But perhaps it is Stripe's site, in which case I understand the need for secrecy.

Pastor Bob's seminar, huh? Based no doubt on his extensive background in geology and physics. Although perhaps all of Pastor Bob's study has determined:
1. exactly how all that material is gotten to escape velocity so quickly
2. exactly how the energy from all that H-Bomb equivalency is dealt with without making the ark a pot in a boiling sea, given that 2nd Law and all.
3. theologically, if the earth was originally created as per Dr. Brown, then either god knew of Adam's sin ahead of time (and all this free will stuff is nonsense) or the game plan was to continue to have the earth's surface on top of all that supercritical water forever

There is an interesting couple of threads on youngearth.com where a poster (Piasan?) does a lot of the math and suggests that Dr. Brown's theory just does not work in the real world. Perhaps Pastor Bob has looked at that.

Too bad it is not in New England, would be worth the $20 just to get the t-shirt.

Last edited:

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The real question remains---why is Pastor Bob doing this instead of Dr. Brown?
Bob Enyart has a gift for explaining things so that just about anyone can understand them. I could be that Dr Brown recognizes this gift. Also Dr Brown is not a young man. It could be that he likes to delegate a few things.

Too bad it is not in New England, would be worth the $20 just to get the t-shirt.
If you would like, I'll let you know when the DVD is available.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A secret site? How exciting. Golly gee I wish I could find it. I am sure it will provide cogent explanations for Dr. Brown's theory. Although if it did then as a scientist he would publicize the secret site. But perhaps it is Stripe's site, in which case I understand the need for secrecy. Pastor Bob's seminar, huh? Based no doubt on his extensive background in geology and physics. Although perhaps all of Pastor Bob's study has determined: 1. exactly how all that material is gotten to escape velocity so quickly 2. exactly how the energy from all that H-Bomb equivalency is dealt with without making the ark a pot in a boiling sea, given that 2nd Law and all. 3. theologically, if the earth was originally created as per Dr. Brown, then either god knew of Adam's sin ahead of time (and all this free will stuff is nonsense) or the game plan was to continue to have the earth's surface on top of all that supercritical water forever There is an interesting couple of threads on youngearth.com where a poster (Piasan?) does a lot of the math and suggests that Dr. Brown's theory just does not work in the real world. Perhaps Pastor Bob has looked at that. Too bad it is not in New England, would be worth the $20 just to get the t-shirt.

My, you have a lot invested in your ability to be sarcastic about things you know nothing about, huh? :chuckle:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
A secret site? How exciting. Golly gee I wish I could find it. I am sure it will provide cogent explanations for Dr. Brown's theory. Although if it did then as a scientist he would publicize the secret site. But perhaps it is Stripe's site, in which case I understand the need for secrecy.
Or maybe you're just not smart enough to find it based on all the clues Stripe left.

Pastor Bob's seminar, huh? Based no doubt on his extensive background in geology and physics. Although perhaps all of Pastor Bob's study has determined:
1. exactly how all that material is gotten to escape velocity so quickly
2. exactly how the energy from all that H-Bomb equivalency is dealt with without making the ark a pot in a boiling sea, given that 2nd Law and all.
3. theologically, if the earth was originally created as per Dr. Brown, then either god knew of Adam's sin ahead of time (and all this free will stuff is nonsense) or the game plan was to continue to have the earth's surface on top of all that supercritical water forever
Where are you getting the idea that the water was super-critical? And how does entropy lead to the water boiling?

There is an interesting couple of threads on youngearth.com where a poster (Piasan?) does a lot of the math and suggests that Dr. Brown's theory just does not work in the real world. Perhaps Pastor Bob has looked at that.
It appears you are unable to make said arguments on your own.

Don't assume he won't make it out there.

My, you have a lot invested in your ability to be sarcastic about things you know nothing about, huh? :chuckle:
Yes she is.

Jukia

Or maybe you're just not smart enough to find it based on all the clues Stripe left.

Where are you getting the idea that the water was super-critical? And how does entropy lead to the water boiling?

It appears you are unable to make said arguments on your own.

Don't assume he won't make it out there.

Yes she is.
Yeah perhaps I am not smart enough.
I thought the whole idea of Dr. Brown was all that supercritical water under the ground in caverns.
And if you have not figured out that the energy released by Dr Brown's numerous H-bomb equivalents will not be 100% efficient and wondered about where all the extra energy would go then your knowledge of physics needs something to be desired.
And no, I do not know enough about the math to make the arguments made on youngearth.com. Check out the site and add your $0.02 to support Dr. Brown.
The only reason Brown would go to Pastor Bob's little talk is because Bob will be preaching to the choir, unless there are some grad students in geology and physics who want a chuckle, every one will be drinking the Kool-Aid.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It took :Brandon: all of eight seconds to figure out. :chuckle:

And no, I do not know enough about the math to make the arguments made on youngearth.com.
Then maybe you should just shut up.

And before you say something stupid about me running my mouth I'm not making claims; I'm asking questions. Questions you can't answer...:think: