Bob's "Predestination and Free Will" teaching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Hi all, I hope this is an appropriate post for this forum, if not please move or remove.

I recieved my Bob Enyart Live "Predestination and Free Will" mp3 disc a few days ago, and man is it good. A slam dunk, as far as Im concerned. It also goes a long way for understanding the God we Christians claim to believe in. I would guess most Christians dont even realize how confused they are about God Himself, because they probably havent even asked a lot the questions this teaching covers. (at least in my circle of friends there is a lot to learn here) It shows us much about His nature. I highly recommend it, and I believe there is a money back guarantee. I know I wont be sending it back!

"The Plot" By Bob, is also a must have btw.

Thanks for listening, had to tell sombody!

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, Vaquero45. :wave:

I've been getting the monthly albums for two years now, but I still don't have that album. But a year and a half ago, just after my wife and I were married, we got Genesis: the Fall. It covers a lot of the same material, and it really my wife get a firm grasp on this issue. Before we were married her pastor would say things about how God is there at our wedding right now, and at the birth of our first child (if we're going to have children); that God is everywhen at once. And every time he'd say something like that I'd try not to cringe and bite my tongue, but we'd end up talking about it on the way back to her house. Going to church all her life, she was used to hearing stuff like that. But shortly after listening to Genesis: the Fall, she joined TOL and started a thread about how God can change his mind. :thumb:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I will never understand how rational people can beleive that everything that ever happened, is happenning, and will happen, has already happenned, is happening now, and will always be happening.:dizzy:

I had trouble with the idea when I believed it, and as soon as I heard about open theism I became an open theist.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi Vaquero! Have you seen the "Predestination vs. Freewill" debate with Bob and Brian Shwartley? It's awesome! :thumb:
He had Mr. Shwartley squirming bigtime. Not only was it a clear cut win but I think he wasn't prepared for how well prepared Bob was, above and beyond in defending freewill.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Poly I havent seen that, sounds fun. Is it a video? I assume from the BEL website store. I jokingly tell my brother "I wouldn't debate Bob on what color to paint a dog house"

Turbo, I'd like to start getting those monthly albums too. Im sure they would also be great to learn from. I love the logical way Bob approaches things, and packed full of Bible reference. it is a very refreshing change from what I am used to in my church. My experience has been very much like your wife's by the sound of it. I had never questioned what is usually taught about God's nature. Never even crossed my mind. I had heard it all my life, and figured it must be in the Bible somewhere. DOH! I have to admit, I actually love God more after learning a more accurate take on His nature. It makes Him more real, and relateable, if that makes sense.

Lighthouse, that is very confusing, agreed. :)

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I brought this subject, and a couple of others, up at a lunch today at church, for the college students. It was fun to discuss. But then I almost got in a fight with a friend when I brought it up with him. But I think he just didn't understand what I was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.