BT's POTD 1-16-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berean Todd

Originally posted by Sozo

Isaiah 45:22-23

"Turn to Me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth; For I am God, and there is no other. "I have sworn by Myself, The word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness And will not turn back, That to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance."

Phi 2:9-11

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Isaiah 43:10,11

"Before me there was no God formed and there will be none after Me. I, even I, am the LORD; and there is no savior besides Me

This verse teaches several significant things:

There always has been and always will be only one true God.

There is no Savior of the world except for this one true God.

Therefore, the Savior of the world must be the one true God.

1 John 4:14

"And we have beheld and bear witness that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world"

Titus 2:13

"...looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus"

2 Peter 1:1

"Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ"

And here is the real kicker...

Rev 21:5-7

" And He who sits on the throne said, "Behold, I am making all things new." And He said, "Write, for these words are faithful and true." And He said to me, "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost. "He who overcomes shall inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son"

Rev 22:12-16

"Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done. "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying. "I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things for the churches"

Rev 1:8 & 17

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty....

...And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as a dead man. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying, "Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last, and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore"

Isa 44:6

"Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

Great post Sozo! :thumb:

Find the context here: http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=438004#post438004

Status
Not open for further replies.