bW's SPOTD 9/17/2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

brother Willi

PureX says it better then i can
It's true that no matter how much peace we can find within ourselves, we can't make our external world reflect what we feel within. Yet, we can become the representatives of a way of living in the world and of responding to it that allows us to be at peace with it, and that others could learn from and emulate. If someday we were to all learn how to live in such peace with the world and with the people around us, the "kingdom" of God's love, forgiveness, and peace would become manifest as our living reality, just as Jesus promissed.

And what are the other options, anyway?

Do we establish peace within that tiny bit of the world that we occupy, and then use the force of violence against anyone who dares to upset this tiny peaceful bit of the world that we have established? This is what many of us do, I think. This is what our government tries to do, too, I think. But isn't the end result of such a position really more strife, more competition for the weapons of power and force so as to protect our personal peace? And doesn't this all in the end just add to the sum of violence in the world even if it does protect us individually?

In the end, Jesus' way is the only way that makes any sense. The only way to add to the sum of world peace is to be willing to remain peaceful even in the face of agression, chaos, and violence. But few of us are really able to do this. And I'm not going to pretend that I could do it, either. But on the other hand, I'm also not going to pretend that Jesus was wrong, just because I personally don't have the courage or wisdom to follow his lead, and neither am I going to pretend that Jesus was not a pacifist just because I'm unable to be one, too. Which is what I see a LOT of Christians doing these days.

I'm not going to pretend that Jesus was some holy "Rambo" just because I don't have the courage or the faith to be the sacrificial pacifist that he was. And I'm not going to lie about his message just because I can't live up to his example. If we can't take up Jesus' challenge to be the princes of peace even in a world of sin and chaos then we ought to at least be honest enough to admit our failure and admire those men who could.

trust me my friend, i am so happy that Jesus told Peter he would fail him 3 times, AND STILL LOVES HIM.

it is truely hard to live the life Jesus speakes of.

i have denyed him many times.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:rolleyes:

I changed the name to the standard POTD format. Look at how everyone else does it. If you don't put your name and the date in the title, pretty soon there will be a bunch of threads called "POTD" floating around.

What I don't get is, how did my replacing "another" with today's date and adding your name to the title "prove how true the words are?"

I really don't know what's gotten into you, bW. :(

brother Willi

Originally posted by Turbo

:rolleyes:

I changed the name to the standard POTD format. Look at how everyone else does it. If you don't put your name and the date in the title, pretty soon there will be a bunch of threads called "POTD" floating around.

What I don't get is, how did my replacing "another" with today's date and adding your name to the title "prove how true the words are?"

I really don't know what's gotten into you, bW. :(
no Turbo, you first changed it to say "bW's SPOTD 9/17/2004"

remind me please, what does the "S" stand for?

had you changed it to say POTD, i would have said nothing.

and as you should understand by now, i am most happy to follow the law of this board

Crow

Originally posted by brother Willi

no Turbo, you first changed it to say "bW's SPOTD 9/17/2004"

remind me please, what does the "S" stand for?

had you changed it to say POTD, i would have said nothing.

and as you should understand by now, i am most happy to follow the law of this board

SPOTD means "subscriber's post of the day" which if you look closely is the forum you started it in.

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

Oh, I thought it stood for :sozo: STUPID!
now tellme.

if i see it as "stupid" just cause im not smart, or hadnt been here long enough to know.

then what?
see how the simplest thing can explode?

this is the simplest example of war

if i fly of the handle for you changing the name of my post.
then i am a fool.

will you fight back if i attack you here for this?

will you reach out to help me understand your point?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

now tellme.

if i see it as "stupid" just cause im not smart, or hadnt been here long enough to know.

then what?

then i am a fool.

Who are you talking to? :confused:

BB didn't change your title. And I didn't "fight back."

brother Willi

Turbo, if you changed the name, im talkin to you.

now tellme.

then what?

then i am a fool.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

then i am a fool.
On that much we agree.

You can see exactly how I would react by reading post three of this thread.

None of this has anything to do with war. The Nazi's slaughter of Jews and invasion of other countries a misunderstanding. Japan didn't make an oopsie by bombing Pearl Harbor. And our government was not wrong to protect our nation and our allies.

brother Willi

Originally posted by Turbo

On that much we agree.
good, then we can continue this experiment

You can see exactly how I would react by reading post three of this thread.

care to play along?
i understand you as an intelligent person.
is it so hard to understand your enemy?

None of this has anything to do with war. The Nazi's slaughter of Jews and invasion of other countries a misunderstanding. Japan didn't make an oopsie by bombing Pearl Harbor. And our government was not wrong to protect our nation and our allies.

***i am now hitler***

Turbo, you have insulted me, and my country.
you must now die.

yep, all because of a post, but you and your kind must die, because i want the world as mine.

what are your options?
how many good folks die in a war?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Are you suggesting that wars are started because of a post on a message board?

Besides, Turbo never called you Hitler, you did. :rolleyes:

brother Willi

Originally posted by BillyBob

Are you suggesting that wars are started because of a post on a message board?

Besides, Turbo never called you Hitler, you did. :rolleyes:
Turbo did not call me hitler.
he never said anything to even come close to implying that.

please reread.

Status
Not open for further replies.