California Baptist University debate team refuses to defend abortion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhy

Bob does not relinquish control

Bob does not relinquish control

From jhodgeiii:
I'm quite sure that Bob would love for Mary to call on a latter day to sort out any differences they have on the air, don't you?
I am not sure of what you mean. I am sure Bob would not assent to giving control of the microphone to a knowledgeable Baptist to take on an LDS person over theology. Bob rides very close herd over the flow of ideas, and assures that the conversation will not go against him, even if he has to preemptively override the caller. I am sure he would disagree with many things from the LDS view, but as the Baptist team captain’s brief mention of homosexuality showed, he would likely not agree with all the Baptist espoused, either.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Bob does not relinquish control

Re: Bob does not relinquish control

Originally posted by ThePhy

From jhodgeiii:I am not sure of what you mean. I am sure Bob would not assent to giving control of the microphone to a knowledgeable Baptist to take on an LDS person over theology. Bob rides very close herd over the flow of ideas, and assures that the conversation will not go against him, even if he has to preemptively override the caller. I am sure he would disagree with many things from the LDS view, but as the Baptist team captain’s brief mention of homosexuality showed, he would likely not agree with all the Baptist espoused, either.
Obviously you haven't listened to Bob's show very much.

Bob has given entire show's for Homosexuals, Mormons, atheists, agnostics, etc to make their cases for their theologies and or world views.

jhodgeiii

I don't see why, purely from a legal or logical point of view, they should have any different rights than heterosexuals. They should, in my opinion, have no less rights, and certainly no additional ones.

It's going to happen Zak :zakath: . If you were my neighbor, I'd bet you a dollar. I will take your money :chuckle:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by jhodgeiii
It's going to happen Zak. If you were my neighbor, I'd bet you a dollar. I will take your money :chuckle:
If the pendulum swings that far, to the point where rights are skewed in favor of homosexuals, it won't be for long. I have confidence in the basic self-interest (selfishness) of humans. It's part of what makes our system work! :thumb:

Heteros will always make up the largest majority of the population (it's a biological imperative until we totally separate reproduction from sexual practice). If they perceive they're getting ripped off somehow, selfishness will kick in and then the politics will change and move things toward equality... I've watched it happen too many times over the years in other issues...

In statistics, it's referred to as "regression toward the mean." It's the way the universe works...

ThePhy

Listening to archived nonsense

Listening to archived nonsense

From Knight:
Obviously you haven't listened to Bob's show very much.

Bob has given entire show's for Homosexuals, Mormons, atheists, agnostics, etc to make their cases for their theologies and or world views.
I know he has had these as subjects for his shows, and has debated callers and or in-studio visitors from these disciplines. But I am not aware of his ever letting them make a point that was in opposition to something he believed in. I have listened to him cut off callers off who were asking questions he didn’t want to address on the air, and on-air he often returns again and again to gloat over the shows where he thinks he prevailed.

As to how many of his shows I have heard, I have listened carefully to all of the ones from 2001 that are currently archived on the KGOV website, all of them so far in 2004, and a dozen or so from Jan 2002. My postings in this forum that refer to older shows are because I am trying to work my way forward from his older archives, while keeping up with his currently broadcast nonsense.

jhodgeiii

Re: Listening to archived nonsense

But I am not aware of his ever letting them make a point that was in opposition to something he believed in. I have listened to him cut off callers off who were asking questions he didn’t want to address on the air

I heard Bob cut off a caller who wanted to talk about masturbation in late 2003. Outside of that, I can't remember him preventing someone from making a point, unless that person refused to give an honest "yes" or "no" to a question he just posed to him (hedging). He does like to control the dialogue, but this shouldn't surprise. The name of the show is "Bob Enyart Live," right?

Please give some other instances (show episodes) that show a classic example of what you're talking about. Consider posting it as a new thread too, it should be interesting.

elected4ever

e4e ------ No Christian worth his salt would defend murder on demand. That would be :kookoo:

Zakath
I'll argue the "Roman Catholic" position when there's a paucity of RCC's available just to keep the discussions going. Of course I do not believe in the RCC doctrine and dogma, but I did teach it to college students for several years as a youth group leader in my younger days...

e4e -------- I Always wondered how you became such an accomplished lier and how one can participate in the destruction of one's own faith. You have the backbone of a sea slug and you are as deadly to the unlearned as the sea slug to its victim. You inject your poison and then devour your victim.

There is only one way to know the truth and that is to learn what is true and the error will be self evident. Those who are responsible for finding counterfeit money are taught what the real money looks like and any and all deviations from that are counterfeit. I know the truth and the counterfeits are evident without me making a study of them.:think:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

As to how many of his shows I have heard, I have listened carefully to all of the ones from 2001 that are currently archived on the KGOV website, all of them so far in 2004, and a dozen or so from Jan 2002. My postings in this forum that refer to older shows are because I am trying to work my way forward from his older archives,
Boys and girls, can you say . . . "obsessed?"

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by elected4ever
e4e -------- I Always wondered how you became such an accomplished lier...
Interesting accusation. About what am I lying?

I never once stated that I believe any current flavor of Christianity. I'm merely participating in a discussion. If that offends you, too bad. It's a discussion forum.

I know the truth and the counterfeits are evident without me making a study of them.:think:
So you have attained so much wisdom that you need no longer study?

Why don't you start your own theology school, then and share your enlightened benificence with your fellow humans?

elected4ever

Zakath
Interesting accusation. About what am I lying?

e4e ------- My bad. I did not intend to call you a lier but the way you described is a good way of teaching someone to lie or should I say to become unsettled in the truth.

Zakath
So you have attained so much wisdom that you need no longer study?

e4e ------ Maybe if you had studied the scripture and not so much as what someone said about the scripture you would not have lost the little faith you had. But we both had to read what all those know it alls had to say. Why it can't be that simple can it?

Zakath
Why don't you start your own theology school, then and share your enlightened benificence with your fellow humans?

e4e------ Humans would not believe even if one were to be raised from the dead. Case in point, YOU!

elected4ever

Zakath, the only lie that you state is the one that you have repeated so often that you now believe. You are the one harmed by it, not me.

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Zakath

e4e ------- My bad. I did not intend to call you a lier...
Thank you for retracting your false accusation. :thumb:

Maybe if you had studied the scripture and not so much as what someone said about the scripture you would not have lost the little faith you had. But we both had to read what all those know it alls had to say. Why it can't be that simple can it?
Of course not. If it was that simple, there wouldn't be over 33,000 separate sects of Christianity, each claiming to be more correct than thousands of others.

Humans would not believe even if one were to be raised from the dead. Case in point, YOU!
Funny thing though, one of the foundational beliefs of the Christian religion (the resurrection of Jesus) shows that scripture is incorrect on that particular point... :think:

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Zakath, the only lie that you state is the one that you have repeated so often that you now believe. You are the one harmed by it, not me.
First you say you didn't call me a liar, now you are calling me a liar.

Make up your mind, which is it, E4E? Specifcially which statement of mine are you calling a lie?

elected4ever

Zakath
Make up your mind, which is it, E4E? Specifcially which statement of mine are you calling a lie?

e4e ---------The one that you hold to be the truth, but of coarse I don't expect you call it a lie. I think you are actually trying to be honest in your assertion. That is called delusion. You are not purposely trying to lie. You are just self deluded into calling a lie the truth.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
The one that you hold to be the truth, but of coarse I don't expect you call it a lie. I think you are actually trying to be honest in your assertion. That is called delusion. You are not purposely trying to lie. You are just self deluded into calling a lie the truth.
There are many things which I believe are true. Which statement????

BTW, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't automatically mean they are lying... :think:

elected4ever

Zakath
BTW, just because someone disagrees with you doesn't automatically mean they are lying...

e4e ------- It is not my opinion of your statement that makes it a lie but the opinion of God. His opinion is even worse than mine. Ah, but of course you don't know Him and anything He has to say is of no interest to you. Sense God is my Father I do know Him and His opinion means a lot to me.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
It is not my opinion of your statement that makes it a lie but the opinion of God.
Do you chat with him regularly that you brought up my opinion to him? :think:

What'd he have to say about my opinion. :chuckle:

elected4ever

Zakath
Do you chat with him regularly that you brought up my opinion to him? What'd he have to say about my opinion.

e4e --- Yes I do chat with Him quite often. Don't think of yourself more highly than you ought that you demand special attention. You are as the millions down through the ages who have said in their heart there is no God. I have not received anything specific about you. I did tell Him that I though you had been hurt at some time but he has not confirmed that to me. Maybe it is just my desire to know why you would turn away from the living God. So far He hasn't mentioned anything specific about you. Should He?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Yes I do chat with Him quite often. Don't think of yourself more highly than you ought that you demand special attention.
He "chats regularly" with the deity, and then complains that I've got delusions of grandeur? :chuckle:

I have not received anything specific about you.
So this is more of a one-way conversation, then? You do most of the talking and he just what.... listens silently? :think:

I did tell Him that I though you had been hurt at some time but he has not confirmed that to me. Maybe it is just my desire to know why you would turn away from the living God. So far He hasn't mentioned anything specific about you. Should He?
Why wouldn't he? If you are actually in two-way communication and have asked him specifically about one of your fellow humans, why wouldn't he answer you?

Unless, of course, he's not really there, and you just imagine that someone is actually listening...

:think:

elected4ever

Zakath
He "chats regularly" with the deity, and then complains that I've got delusions of grandeur?

e4e ------ I am just a son of God. You are a god unto yourself. You are sufficient to your own need. According to you.:chuckle:

Zakath
So this is more of a one-way conversation, then? You do most of the talking and he just what.... listens silently?

e4e ---- Not so.I may not get an answer right away and it may not be audible. I spend as much time listening to my Father as I do talking to Him. Sometimes He speaks to me when I am least expecting it. Most of the time he allows me to work out my answerer myself. He lets me screwup because of my being head strong. Then He just chuckles and helps me fix it. It is really a loving relationship.

Zakath
Why wouldn't he? If you are actually in two-way communication and have asked him specifically about one of your fellow humans, why wouldn't he answer you?

e4e --- Your personal life is none of my business unless you decide to make it my business and if my Father tells me to get involved there would be certain evidences that would confirm that to you. I can say or guess most anything but that would only be supposition on my part and be the worst kind of deception.

Zakath
Unless, of course, he's not really there, and you just imagine that someone is actually listening...

e4e ---- Interesting you should say that. I use to be just that way and I think there are a lot of Christians that way now. That was one of the hardest habits to brake. I had to learn the voice of God. To recognize it that is. God has audible spoken to me (in my mind not with sound like I would here someone speaking) about 4 times in my whole life but each time I knew it was God from the get go. My imagination voice is quite different. I fell on my face a few times and made some costly decisions all because I was not discerning.

Status
Not open for further replies.