can anyone please give me proof that Jesus Christ is real?

the_truth_

jjjg you are mistaken. Many of the hindu gods are believe to have been alive and living on earth.

My wife's family is hindu and you have erred in your facts.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Truth, there may be gods like Hurcules or avatars but none have a true historicity that you can trace back to them.

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jjjg

http://members.aol.com/FLJOSEPHUS/testimonium.htm

Looks like the Josephus account is overwhelmingy supported to be authentic. Guess the argument that it was a forgery is thrown out the window.

Not at all.

a) Josephus was a Pharisee; to believe Jesus was the messiah would repudiate his entire worldview and religion

b) Josephus gives a bare paragraph to the savior of mankind, creator of mankind, and promised messiah; not exactly indepth reporting

c) the paragraph is incongruous, out of context, and totally absurd given what we know of Josephus, his education, and his convictions as a Jew

d) Jesus goes without mention for the rest of Josephus' work--the son of a God a relative footnote in the bulk of Josephus' work

Triple J, either Josephus is an "obscure" historian, as you claimed, or the secular accounts don't matter at all, as you also claimed. So...which is it?

And kindly explain what else I raised in this post, without resorting to a half-witted one liner. That act of yours gets old.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Granite, the article throws your argument in the garbage as a joke.

Of course, ignoring the article completely is an act of yours that gets old. You're just making yourself look foolish now.

gimp

It was made not to make sense or be logical.

JUST believe it!

I guess your way of thinking is so foreign to me that I just can't understand it.

If I were a Christian and I came to believe the Bible were just something that had been fabricated centuries after it was claimed to have been written I would stop being a Christian immediately because I would have no basis for faith in the one book that is the entire basis for Christianity.

Only a fool would knowingly base his life upon something he believes to be fraudulent.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Granite, the article throws your argument in the garbage as a joke.

Of course, ignoring the article completely is an act of yours that gets old. You're just making yourself look foolish now.

Triple J, the article is a couple rehashed pages of stuff you've already said here. We both may be belaboring our respective points, I think.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Ya, whatever, Granite!

In other words you can't refute it, so try to write it off with a non-argument!

You have been blabbering here for pages on your same points and when you are finally shown up as wrong you don't even have the sense to admit it!

At least I admitted my comment about Josephus was a mistake. Now you are just making yourself look like an idiot! And a very happy one at that, if you get the hint.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Ya, whatever, Granite!

In other words you can't refute it, so try to write it off with a non-argument!

You have been blabbering here for pages on your same points and when you are finally shown up as wrong you don't even have the sense to admit it!

At least I admitted my comment about Josephus was a mistake. Now you are just making yourself look like an idiot! And a very happy one at that, if you get the hint.

Look, man, nothing you say or do is gonna make me change my mind, and vice versa. People choose to believe what they believe. Nothing changes the fact that the Josephus passage is a) likely fake, and b) if originally accurate, was heavily embellished by the church. So it doesn't much prove anything one way or another. You've said yourself that secular historians mean less to you than "Christian sources" (whatever that means) so why even bother wasting your time on this?

The problem with Bible-thumping fanatics like yourself is that it's impossible to have a rational, reasoned discussion. Ancient myths resemble Christianity? Must be Satan. The Bible contradicts itself? Well, we don't talk about that. There's no evidence whatsoever for the existence of Jesus? Big whoop, just take it on faith. Worse comes to worse? Just find a half-baked website to placate yourself, cross your arms, close your eyes, and stick your head in the sand. Praise the Lord and pass the Bible NyQuil: the drowsy non-thinking going to heaven sleepy time medicine.

If this tunnel-vision thinking and self-satisfied ignorance is the fruit of your faith, you can keep it.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
Again, whatever!

Look at the sources of the material, Granite!

These are scientific studies, not some magic trick of fanatics and by the way I'm not a Bible thumping fanatic!

I agree with a lot of other points of view. You just have an uneducated opinion and that makes you a bigot.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Having been on the receiving end of bigotry I can assure you it's the last thing I am or ever will be. And informing me of my lack of education--I mean, you, of all people--is a real hoot.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
I think you've proven that your 'contribution' to this thread is flushed down the toilet.

Don't accuse others of being fanatics when you are showing the same bigotry in your posts.

As for the education question, not admitting to your own stupidity just makes you look twice as stupid.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I think you've proven that your 'contribution' to this thread is flushed down the toilet.

Don't accuse others of being fanatics when you are showing the same bigotry in your posts.

As for the education question, not admitting to your own stupidity just makes you look twice as stupid.

With apologies to c. moore, nobody but you has flushed this thread. It's characteristic of Christians, confronting the paucity of evidence to support their faith, to fight tooth and nail, dig in, and refuse to face facts. But, that's what you have to do.

c.moore

Originally posted by granite1010

Look, man, nothing you say or do is gonna make me change my mind, and vice versa. People choose to believe what they believe. Nothing changes the fact that the Josephus passage is a) likely fake, and b) if originally accurate, was heavily embellished by the church. So it doesn't much prove anything one way or another. You've said yourself that secular historians mean less to you than "Christian sources" (whatever that means) so why even bother wasting your time on this?

The problem with Bible-thumping fanatics like yourself is that it's impossible to have a rational, reasoned discussion. Ancient myths resemble Christianity? Must be Satan. The Bible contradicts itself? Well, we don't talk about that. There's no evidence whatsoever for the existence of Jesus? Big whoop, just take it on faith. Worse comes to worse? Just find a half-baked website to placate yourself, cross your arms, close your eyes, and stick your head in the sand. Praise the Lord and pass the Bible NyQuil: the drowsy non-thinking going to heaven sleepy time medicine.

If this tunnel-vision thinking and self-satisfied ignorance is the fruit of your faith, you can keep it.

you have many good points and makes alot of sense.
Even though i do believe in Christ Jesus as my Lord I do admit you have alot more reasoning and logics on your side and even many other pastors and real scholars will be with you and on your side of the factuals theories.

I have made a choice to accept this blind faith ,as many might see but That is my life and my choice which I am happy and see Jesus as the God of my life.

I see also that Josephus story has been forged in many ways and will turn again and change sometime in the future.

Either a person will believe in Christ or will not.
Even if the facts was shown many will not still believe.

Look at doubting Thomas he still never believed, he had to have proof of Jesus resurrection by seeing the physical and that is not believing, what a shame.

faith please God period.

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
The evidence is from historical scholars, Granite not religious fanatics.

You can say the same thing for you that you will fight tooth and nail to try to discredit Christianity. In fact, that's where these whole arguments started.

People find obvious historical evidence and the bigots hold on to theories discredited by historical analysis.

They then say that it is religious fanatics holding on to beliefs but it was these same "fanatics" that had the objectivity to question the historical evidence in the first place and shed new light on it.

As for C.Moore. Don't assume that people are not going to go look up what these Horus myths have to say for themselves and see if they correlate to what you state. It makes you look extremely stupid!

P.S. C.Moore, where's my ten million you promised?

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm not sure what scholars you're referring to.

I don't need to fight tooth and nail to discredit Christianity. The church's own track record shows its fruits throughout human history. Remember, I'm not the one with something to prove.

c.moore

The evidence is from historical scholars, Granite not religious fanatics.

You can say the same thing for you that you will fight tooth and nail to try to discredit Christianity. In fact, that's where these whole arguments started.

People find obvious historical evidence and the bigots hold on to theories discredited by historical analysis.

They then say that it is religious fanatics holding on to beliefs but it was these same "fanatics" that had the objectivity to question the historical evidence in the first place and shed new light on it.

As for C.Moore. Don't assume that people are not going to go look up what these Horus myths have to say for themselves and see if they correlate to what you state. It makes you look extremely stupid!

P.S. C.Moore, where's my ten million you promised?

you still haven`t shown any proof logical historical proofs.

try your luck again

c.moore

People hear can hear what the mythology teach teaches by the interview I did with him on German tv.

it is very interesting and to many convincing.

You can download the whole video which is together 53 minutes , so I broke it down in parts so all part will be shown.

You have to go to my yahoo address and down load the video`s from there.

http://www.yahoo.com

go and check in the mail.

my yahoo name which I made for all to use to watch the film is this:
name: disjockey_1

the pass word is : germany

go to the inbox and download the different video`s also you can read the things i have scanned

God Bless

jjjg

BANNED
Banned
C.Moore, get what authentic, original information on the myths you can and think for yourself. That's the problem with Fundamentalists like yourself. You don't use reason and think for yourself.

Granite, before you go more over your head, maybe you should stop.

Your comments on Roman history and church history is makiing you look more and more like an idiot!

You guys have cooked up this huge thread that amounted to a manure pile.

C.Moore, I still like your drumset. With the ten million you owe me, I might buy one.

Granite

Hall of Fame

C.Moore, get what authentic, original information on the myths you can and think for yourself. That's the problem with Fundamentalists like yourself. You don't use reason and think for yourself.

Granite, before you go more over your head, maybe you should stop.

Your comments on Roman history and church history is makiing you look more and more like an idiot!

You guys have cooked up this huge thread that amounted to a manure pile.

C.Moore, I still like your drumset. With the ten million you owe me, I might buy one.

What comments were those?

By the way, name calling and spell check are not mutually exclusive.:rolleyes: