Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW

Bob talking to a Carl's Jr. [hamburger chain] representative:

Hi Gretta, this is Bob Enyart with KLTT radio in Denver Colorado and we're live on the air right now. And we just wanted to register our unhappiness at your ad with the mechanical bull for Carl's Jr., the TV ad that's very sexual. We were hoping you could let the managers of your company know that we are going to urge our audience members not to eat at Carl's Jr. for a few months unless you guys would pull that ad because it really hurts the image of women in society. It really trivializes and uses women sexually to sell hamburgers.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
(YAWN)

When's he going after Hooters, that "delightfully tacky, yet unrefined" chain of beer joints?

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, because if Enyart's audience suddenly stopped going to Hooters, they would see such a drop in business. :rolleyes:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo
Yeah, because if Enyart's audience suddenly stopped going to Hooters, they would see such a drop in business. :rolleyes:
:crackup:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
This is what you get from Carl's Jr. Corporate Communications
if you complain about their ads:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our advertising at Carl's Jr. First of all, I'd like to make it clear that the ads to which you refer are not Hardee's ads and they have never run in any Hardee's market.

While we appreciate your criticism, we believe our advertising at Carl's Jr. is appropriate for our target audience... young men primarily between 18 and 34 years old. Carl's Jr.'s advertising is not intended to appeal to children, and we do not attempt to run it at times or during programs that children would typically view.

While reasonable people can certainly disagree as to the impact of our ads, I would note that neither the Carl's Jr. "Mechanical Bull" ad nor the Hugh Hefner ads contain nudity, violence, gore, vulgarity or overt sexual conduct. None of the ads show men and women in the same scenes, let alone in sexually compromising situations. The women in these ads are all dressed appropriately for their age group. If you happen to be in a Carl's Jr. market (in the Western U.S.) -- and see them -- you will agree that they are certainly far tamer than what can be viewed on current network or primetime programming.

Finally, we'd like to make you aware (if you are not already aware) of the many ways Hardee's demonstrates its commitment to your community:

the development of a one million dollar children's wing at Duke University Hospital, helping more than 35,000 children a year,
the recent donation of one million burger patties to national and local hunger-relief charities,
through children's literacy and reading programs,
through scholarships that reward both excellence in academics and community spirit,
as a supporter of local boys and girls clubs,
through Red Cross disaster relief services supporting families, firefighters, law enforcement, and rescue workers, and
through the financial support of dozens of community programs that assist families and youth

Once again, we appreciate your feedback. We stand by our advertising and believe that it is appropriate for our target audience.

Sincerely,
Caroline Leakan
Vice President, Corporate Communications

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Brellix
Nah, I think Zakath only has problems with things like atheism and battle royals. :chuckle:

Nah, I like atheism. :D

And if it wasn't for me, TOL wouldn't have a thread with 30,000+ hits. :think:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by Zakath

And if it wasn't for me, TOL wouldn't have a thread with 30,000+ hits. :think:

The number of hits may have had something to do with Bob Enyart beating up an atheist.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Shimei
The number of hits may have had something to do with Bob Enyart beating up an atheist.
Like Enyart beating someone up is an event? :chuckle:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like Enyart beating someone up is an event? :chuckle:

Apparently so. Now people are even PAYING to read the debate in book form.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well, he has to do something to raise money... :chuckle:

And what better way then by selling a book that shows how atheists are fools and that there is a Creator?

Zakath

Resident Atheist
I wouldn't know what the book shows. I wasn't offered a courtesy copy, even though a significant amount of the material is mine... :nono:

... about what I would expect from a money-grubbing media personality.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I wouldn't know what the book shows. I wasn't offered a courtesy copy, even though a significant amount of the material is mine... :nono:

... about what I would expect from a money-grubbing media personality.

Bob isn't money-grubbing. Hey would have to get into the "miracle and healing" business if he wanted money.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Aww, give him time. Perhaps he just hasn't sunk that low yet...
The day Bob Enyart starts a healing ministry is the day that gravity will no longer be in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.