Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
PERTINENT QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Carolyn: I really wish you wouldn't say, "All liberals hate Jesus..."

Bob: Liberals hate Jesus Christ. And you do.

Carolyn: That's just not fair.

Bob: For the next week I'll modify it a little bit. I'll say, "All liberals, especially Carolyn, hate Jesus Christ."

Carolyn: No, I don't.

Bob: Yes you do. Carolyn, you do and you are His enemy. And on judgement day, when you go to Him, if you have the audacity to say, "Lord, Lord" He will say to you, "Caroly, depart from Me. I never knew you."

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Well, St. Bob should be pleased to know that I'm up-front enough to declare myself an enemy, and I can boast truthfully that no Christian has ever beaten me in a stand-up fight.

(Granted, I owe it all to dirty pool, but a win's a win...)
:D:cool:

I wonder if St. Bob would be interested in 10 rounds...?:box:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by granite1010
This is one of the lamest exchanges I've read in a while.
Not after you've listened to the entire call in context.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

You love your neighbor as yourself, so if you're not going to kill your baby because you know it's wrong, then for you to tell this young black girl, "Well, I don't care if you kill your baby, that's fine" that's not love. That's not Christianity. You should love your neighbor as yourself. If you know it's wrong to kill your baby, you don't become apathetic and say, "Well, I don't care if other people kill their babies." That's evil. And that's antichristian.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Did this woman actually say she was a liberal, or was she just defending them?

granite

Granite

Hall of Fame
To make a blanket statement like "all liberals hate Jesus" is off the mark, I think. Do all conservatives love Jesus?

granite

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To make a blanket statement like "all liberals hate Jesus" is off the mark, I think.
You should listen to the call. Bob said it was a figure of speech, where all means most. That is a common usage.
Do all conservatives love Jesus?
Do you think that saying that all liberals hate Jesus means that all conservatives must love Jesus? That's not a logical conclusion.

Do all Christians love Jesus?
It depends how you define "Christian." If your definition is broad enough to include anyone who identifies themselves as Christian (Nominal Christians), then the answer is definitely no. That's even if all is used idiomatically to mean most.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Do you think that saying that all liberals hate Jesus means that all conservatives must love Jesus? That's not a logical conclusion."

Exactly. It's certainly not a logical conclusion. That's why blanket statements like this are childish and never contribute to a beneficial discussion. Instead it just turns into a shouting match.

granite

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But whether all liberals hate jesus has nothing to do with whether all conservatives love or hate Jesus. You're statement made no sense.

If I say all Italian food is gross, would you assume that I think all Chinese food is delicious?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo
But whether all liberals hate jesus has nothing to do with whether all conservatives love or hate Jesus. You're statement made no sense.

If I say all Italian food is gross, would you assume that I think all Chinese food is delicious?

Yes, it does. I'll spell this out for everybody: Idiotic blanket statements like "all liberals hate Jesus" aren't strictly true, don't help a discussion, and give the world one more reason to think we're just a bunch of stereotypical half-wits.

Anyway, why does everyone take it for granted that liberals (however it's defined by the person using the word) must automatically hate Christ? I mean, has this been proven scientifically? Have studies shown that ANYONE who happens to vote Democratic or lean towards liberal social policy has to despise Jesus? Where is this proven?

The rationale is my beef: all liberals hate Jesus. We swallow that without even thinking about it.

granite

way 2 go

Liberals hate Jesus might be a blanket statement but there is truth to it

Liberals are for breaking most of the 10 commandments
Or at least making those laws of no effect in society
They are for fornication, adultery, abortion, stealing(government over taxation), homos, …
Against the death penalty for that matter proper punishment of anybody

Scientifically proven?

If someone is for the above-mentioned things they are definitely a liberal

What would you say about some one that held those beliefs?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by way 2 go
Liberals hate Jesus might be a blanket statement but there is truth to it

Liberals are for breaking most of the 10 commandments
Or at least making those laws of no effect in society
They are for fornication, adultery, abortion, stealing(government over taxation), homos, …

Scientifically proven?

If someone is for the above-mentioned things they are definitely a liberal

What would you say about some one that held those beliefs?

So being a conservative automatically makes one slightly more righteous? Give me a break. Considering that one half of my family is politically liberal, I'd have to say that none of them "hate Jesus," or if they do, they certainly keep it under wraps.

granite

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Bob now needs to rephrase his statement to, "All liberals hate Jesus, especially Carolyn and 1/2 of granite's family.

way 2 go

Is 1/2 your family for breaking most of the 10 commandments
Or at least making those laws of no effect in society are they for fornication, adultery, abortion, stealing(government over taxation), homos, …

Bob had a tv show with the political spectrum
At the far left was satan & at the far right was God
Lawlessness – lawfulness
Indifference – love

Status
Not open for further replies.