child naming crisis - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

erinmarie

My cousin named her baby Jackson Kenneth. I like it alot. She doesn't use "jack" though.
My favorite person in the world is my Pappy Jack, so I always thought I would name someone after him, but his real name is John and I've got a husband, father in law and great uncle John too.

My big Tom Cat's name is Jack...:D

Granite

Hall of Fame
October, the name sounds fine. What, exactly, do YOU think a "hood" name is? Because if someone's honestly criticizing it for sounding "too black" or something absurd, they deserve a foot up their keister.

Stay with your first choice.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by the Sibbie
Well, there is a Michael Jackson...he's just ruined it for everybody. Until that pervert is executed, those names are tainted.
What if he isn't executed, but is brutally and messily murdered, perhaps by...

:: eyes gleam maniacally ::

...slow torture...?

Isn't that just as good? He's equally dead, either way.

On the name front, the first thing that tends to spring to mind when I hear the name "Jackson" is Old Hickory, Andrew Jackson.

YMMV.

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
What do you think of Evan David? David is my first name, but also David Evans is "The Edge," guitar player for U2

SOTK

Re: child naming crisis - please help

Originally posted by october

My wife and I had decided to name our unborn boy Jackson Paul (followed by our last name). Now someone in the family has stepped forward and accused Jackson of being a "hood" name and my wife won't go for it anymore. All negotiations have broken down and are going nowhere.

Please give us some ideas. And no jokes or funny business please....we need serious ideas. I'll entertain any idea put forth on this board.

Thanks

Aaron Noah

Ya just gotta love Aaron as a name! ;)

The Edge

BANNED
Banned
Aaron is a cool name. Every dude I knew named Aaron was cool.

But I have just got her to agree to Evan David. That is boss because my favorite band U2, their guitar player, The Edge, his real name is David Evans.

SOTK

Aaron is a cool name. Every dude I knew named Aaron was cool.

Thank you, thank you very much. :D

But I have just got her to agree to Evan David. That is boss because my favorite band U2, their guitar player, The Edge, his real name is David Evans.

Yeah, I like that...cool name! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.