China tears down thousands of crucifixes in crude bid to eradicate Christianity

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Horror as China tears down thousands of crucifixes [crosses] in crude bid to eradicate Christianity: Christian communities in China have been left horrified after the government started tearing down thousands of crucifixes [crosses] in a crude bid to eradicate the faith in the country by Lizzie Stromme] "More than two thousand crosses have now been forcefully removed from churches as part of a government campaign to regulate “excessive religious sites”.

The nation’s leadership launched the crusade to eradicate Christianity in the coastal province of Zhejiang almost two years ago.

Several members of the public have since been arrested for attempting to halt the government's crude attempt to suppress the Christian faith..." Full text: Horror as China tears down thousands of crucifixes in crude bid to eradicate Christianity Jn 15:18

HisServant

Crucifixes have nothing to do with Christianity... so I am Okay with that.

Christianity is not a religion of sight, but of good conscience.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any country that desires to eradicate or force religion is horrible ...

Why are you against saying "China is horrible"? Or "Islam is horrible". I will let you make a red herring comment then I will answer for you.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Junior's Chinaman Joke
chinese%20smile.gif
~ The Sopranos

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't see it that way.
But I am very biased with religion.
I would love for Islam to be eradicated from the USA (and the whole world for that matter).

The radical element, certainly ... which would be covered under anti-terrorism laws.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why are you against saying "China is horrible"? Or "Islam is horrible". I will let you make a red herring comment then I will answer for you.

What China did is horrible. Radical Islam is horrible. Whether you comment or not isn't relevant to the discussion or my views.

PureX

It's just as silly that Christians erect all those crosses thinking that they are "spreading Christianity" as it is for governments to tear them down thinking that they are "eliminating Christianity".

It seems there are a lot of idiots in the world that can't tell the difference between a symbol and what the symbols is meant to represent. No Christian has ever been dissuaded from his beliefs by someone tearing down a cross, any more than any non-Christian has ever been converted by putting one up (you know, like installing religious icons in court houses).