Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Clennard Childress: [Margaret Sanger] said the way to win the "negro community" is through the "colored minister." He would be able to more or less dispell any thoughts of suspicion of their true agenda.

Bob Enyart: Which was trying to reduce the number of blacks in America.

Clennard Childress: Yes, through "The Negro Project."

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Originally posted by Zakath
Who (I"m assuming its a "who") is Clennard Childress???
I found his name on an NAACP page.

Looks like this is another stab at Planned Parenthood...

Nothing to see here, move along....:rolleyes:

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Oh, is he one of those "the evil rich white folks is out to kill all da black folks' babies" rabblerousers? :sozo:

I've worked in inner-city hospitals before, I've seen with my own eyes what's going on in the cities where I worked. I watched fifteen and sixteen year old girls (of the same race as Childress) come to the hospital for their second and third abortions, right along with their mothers who were in for the same procedure. :(

If folks like Childress really want to do something useful why don't they teach the women to stop having unprotected sex and then using tax-payer funded abortion clinics as a form of birth control. :thumb:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
If folks like Childress really want to do something useful why don't they teach the women to stop having unprotected sex and then using tax-payer funded abortion clinics as a form of birth control. :thumb:
He does. He preaches abstinence until marriage.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson

He does. He preaches abstinence until marriage.
That's a start, but so does every Roman Catholic church, many Southern Baptist churches, and many independent bible churches in America... We're still waiting to see the results make much of a difference...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

That's a start, but so does every Roman Catholic church, many Southern Baptist churches, and many independent bible churches in America... We're still waiting to see the results make much of a difference...
Yep, it's pretty difficult to make a dent with the entire culture teaching the opposite.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Yep, it's pretty difficult to make a dent with the entire culture teaching the opposite.
Why should that matter?

I was given to understand that with God, all things are possible...

:chuckle:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Gerald

Why should that matter?

I was given to understand that with God, all things are possible...
Someone told you incorrect doctrine.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Someone told you incorrect doctrine.
Some omnipotent deity you worship...can't even prevent his children from being phased by the corrupt society around them...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Gerald

Some omnipotent deity you worship...can't even prevent his children from being phased by the corrupt society around them...
Who says God is omnipotent? Certainly not me. I believe God is only able to do anything that is doable and which would not violate His nature. Taking away man's free-will to do good or evil would violate God's nature.

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Who says God is omnipotent? Certainly not me. I believe God is only able to do anything that is doable and which would not violate His nature. Taking away man's free-will to do good or evil would violate God's nature.
Some deity. :down: Too tied up by theology to protect little children... :doh:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Some deity. :down: Too tied up by theology to protect little children... :doh:
Do you wish that God made you a robot with no free will?

Zakath

Resident Atheist

Do you wish that God made you a robot with no free will?
No, but since we're "wishing" here, I wish your deity would protect children from the destruction of evil. That might be a significant demonstration of his existence... :think:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

No, but since we're "wishing" here, I wish your deity would protect children from the destruction of evil. That might be a significant demonstration of his existence... :think:
You're contradicting yourself. You don't wish to be a robot but the only way God can protect children from the evil things people do to them is by turning those evil people into "good" robots.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
You're contradicting yourself.
Only in your limited view of the world.

You don't wish to be a robot but the only way God can protect children from the evil things people do to them is by turning those evil people into "good" robots.
Now did I say that or is that the only possible way you can think that the omnipotent creator of all the universe might protect children?

Exercise your grey matter there, Jefferson.

Your deity doesn't have to turn anyone into a robot. All he has to do is intervene.

• He could do so at a very high level by removing evil, either cosmologically (removing evil from the universe) or anthropologically (removing what Christians call "original sin" or "the sin nature" from all humans).

He could intervene on a personal level by physically removing children from dangerous situations...

He could intervene by interfering with the evil action without hampering the perpetrator's free will... kind of a cosmic "time out".

There's any number of ways some being of his alleged creativity could handle things. It appears that your deity is too limited by your own lack of imagination. :think:

In reality of course, he does nothing and theologians must play semantic games to attempt to justify the great contradiction: how the creator of evil is also only good. :(

jhodgeiii

Zakath and Gerald, neither of you haven't a clue how destructive abortion has been to the black community or you would not have originally repied with such flippant remarks about a very serious issue.

"Nothing to see here, move along" -Gerald

"Yet another paranoid nutbag..." -Zakath

3 out of every 5 pregnant black women killing their babies reveals a major lack of character that is ripping the community apart morally. What ideas do people like you have to offer but finding more ways to kill more unplanned black babies?

Status
Not open for further replies.