Clennard Childress & Steve Curtis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by jhodgeiii

Zakath and Gerald, neither of you haven't a clue how destructive abortion has been to the black community or you would not have originally repied with such flippant remarks about a very serious issue.
I've counseled inner-city minority women for almost 30 years now. And your great expertise in this area is...?

3 out of every 5 pregnant black women killing their babies reveals a major lack of character that is ripping the community apart morally.
And you get the idea that 60% of black women are aborting their children from where? If that were true, the black community would be in a negative population growth phase - which it is not, according to U.S. Census.

What ideas do people like you have to offer but finding more ways to kill more unplanned black babies?
Perhaps the do-gooders could actually go into the cities and work with the populations they cry about instead of whining. How much time have you spent in the last two years working with black women to help bolster their "character"? I know how many hundred hours I've spent... :rolleyes:

jhodgeiii

Originally posted by Zakath

I've counseled inner-city minority women for almost 30 years now. And your great expertise in this area is...?

In which inner cities did you do your counseling? I would love to see the results of your counseling beside more baby death.

And you get the idea that 60% of black women are aborting their children from where? If that were true, the black community would be in a negative population growth phase - which it is not, according to U.S. Census.

Read closer: I said 3 of 5 pregnant black women :doh:

Perhaps the do-gooders could actually go into the cities and work with the populations they cry about instead of whining. How much time have you spent in the last two years working with black women to help bolster their "character"? I know how many hundred hours I've spent...

I am constantly counseling black men and women on their character. I do so without yielding a paycheck even. I have plenty opportunity to do so. I live in Compton, CA. I find that in the vast majority of the cases women get used by guys, then threatened into having abortions. Did you see things similarly?

Last edited:

jhodgeiii

Originally posted by Jefferson

Yep, it's pretty difficult to make a dent with the entire culture teaching the opposite.

This is an EXCELLENT point. :thumb:

Sexual promiscuity, violence, and adultery are very well embedded in black culture (film, music, etc.). Turn on BET for a few hours, you'll see. Even worse, the churches here generally refuse to admonish or judge those who are regularly and outwardly living sinful lives. How do you correct when you don't admonish? :doh: They really need to teach the entire scriptures: not just about "the power of God" and "Jesus saves."

I don't know much about you, but good point Jefferson.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

I dunno about jhodgeiii's "expertise in this area", but the CDC stats Shemei posted the other day seems to support what jhodgeiii is saying ...

the abortion ratio for black women (503 per 1,000 live births) was 3.0 times the ratio for white women (167 per 1,000 live births)." This means that black babies are aborted three times more frequently than white babies.

cite

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Even worse, the churches here generally refuse to admonish or judge those who are regularly and outwardly living sinful lives.
Reminds me of a speech Jesse Jackson gave to high school kids. He preached against "sex without love." In other words any kids listening to him who felt they "loved" each other were perfectly justified in having sex outside of marriage according to Jesse Jackson. Way to go Jesse, you moron.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
In which inner cities did you do your counseling? I would love to see the results of your counseling beside more baby death.
Over the years it's mostly Chicago and Washington, DC. A single counselor's results are more an example of lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness.

Read closer: I said 3 of 5 pregnant black women :doh:
My apologies, I misread your post. :eek: Great illustration of why I need to wear my glasses more often. :cool:

I am constantly counseling black men and women on their character. I do so without yielding a paycheck even. I have plenty opportunity to do so. I live in Compton, CA. I find that in the vast majority of the cases women get used by guys, then threatened into having abortions. Did you see things similarly?
"Constantly counseling" "without ... a paycheck"? You don't eat, sleep, or work? How do you do it? :think:

Compton, California? Aren't there churches out there? Why aren't they making a big impact in this area?

I seem to recall one fellow from that area, Fred Price. Isn't he still doing his "name it, frame it, and claim it" schtick? Listening to him back in the 80's one might expect that everyone in LA was saved by now...

jhodgeiii

A single counselor's results are more an example of lighting a candle rather than cursing the darkness.

:confused: Do you mean "by lighting a candle?"

"Constantly counseling" "without ... a paycheck"? You don't eat, sleep, or work? How do you do it? :think:

hahaha. I work full time as a software engineer at an aerospace corporation. I didn't mean to portray myself as living on the dole somewhere.

Compton, California? Aren't there churches out there? Why aren't they making a big impact in this area?

As to churches, I counted 7 within a 2-block radius at the nearest major intersection. Why aren't they making a big impact? Because most of these churches have bad teaching and refuse to talk about critical matters such as character and discernment, which are of the utmost importance in Christian life. See post #23 for some other major reasons.

I seem to recall one fellow from that area, Fred Price. Isn't he still doing his "name it, frame it, and claim it" schtick?

No comment other than :down: and :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.