Colin Kaepernick sits during the National Anthemn

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
There is a method to his madness.

San Fransisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick is making headlines for sitting during the playing of the National Anthem before the last game.

View attachment 24683

Kaepernick stated... "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Obviously he is getting some strong reactions from all sides of the political spectrum.

While most folks are furious with his actions I think it's actually a brilliant move!

And here's why.....

Colin Kaepernick sucks as a football player. He's terrible. It's possible that he feared that the 49ers were hoping to dump his massive contract and get rid of him from their roster. So he hatches this brilliant plan. He makes a stand for the Black Lives Matter movement and then the team will have no choice but to keep him and continue to pay him.

After all.... no NFL team is going to cut a player right after a stunt like this. It would appear to the world that they were racist and only cutting him because he wouldn't stand for the National Anthem. He has effectively shamed or scared the 49ers organization into keeping his contract.

I see what ya did there Colin.... wickedly smart.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
San Fransisco 49ers QB Colin Kaepernick is making headlines for sitting during the playing of the National Anthem before the last game.

View attachment 24683

Kaepernick stated... "I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

Obviously he is getting some strong reactions from all sides of the political spectrum.

While most folks are furious with his actions I think it's actually a brilliant move!

And here's why.....

Colin Kaepernick sucks as a football player. He's terrible. It's possible that he feared that the 49ers were hoping to dump his massive contract and get rid of him from their roster. So he hatches this brilliant plan. He makes a stand for the Black Lives Matter movement and then the team will have no choice but to keep him and continue to pay him.

After all.... no NFL team is going to cut a player right after a stunt like this. It would appear to the world that they were racist and only cutting him because he wouldn't stand for the National Anthem. He has effectively shamed or scared the 49ers organization into keeping his contract.

He does stink as a player now and I think that might be right, he did this to draw attention - who could fire him now?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So who is it that is holding him back? The white rich guy paying him, or the white not rich guys buying products and filling the stands. Just wondering.

Ed DeBartolo and Carmen Policy would fire him if they thought he wasn't good enough. Of course, they are long gone.

Colin Kapernick will never lead a team to a Superbowl win. He is too stupid, and it won't make up his extraordinary God given talents.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
...After all.... no NFL team is going to cut a player right after a stunt like this. It would appear to the world that they were racist and only cutting him because he wouldn't stand for the National Anthem. He has effectively shamed or scared the 49ers organization into keeping his contract.

One must remember that this Kaepernick guy lives in probably the most liberal city in America, a city where antics like what he did are not frowned upon, but makes him a hero.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Going against the very country that made you wealthy tells you all you need to know about such people- self righteous morons.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Kaepernick is spitting in the faces of veterans and fans. There is a backlash that will follow him the rest of his life and certainly his career.
Does anyone think others will follow? Other players ?

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's an arrogant bloviating thug. He should be fired. Better yet he should just leave this country if he thinks he's being oppressed. Maybe he'll have better luck in a place like Saudi Arabia--Not!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He's an arrogant bloviating thug. He should be fired. Better yet he should just leave this country if he thinks he's being oppressed. Maybe he'll have better luck in a place like Saudi Arabia--Not!
Yep.
Dump the ungrateful bum.

And wrap his pink-slip in a 'White Lives Matter' T-shirt to show him what a waste of time going around tooting slogans is.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Maybe Knight. And maybe you're giving him too much credit. Maybe his problem on the bench is his problem on the field. He flies by the seat of his pants in lieu of studying film/serious research. As a result, he has no developed talent for reading the field/analysis. The problems he's seeing through a narrow lens have been around since long before he was kissing bicep and leading his team to a Super Bowl.

Colin simply ran into a couple of problems he hadn't had to deal with before. A sudden talent and coaching drain due to the bungling of Niner ownership and a solid book compiled on him by better defensive coaches with more talent to work with put him adrift in unfamiliar waters. If he'd responded by adjusting his work ethic and developing a mental game to go with an impressive tool set he'd have slumped for a year or two then started killing people again, but it was late in the day for a fairly sheltered and immature player, who by all accounts wasn't a bad guy in or outside of the locker room prior to the exposure I'm noting and finding himself criticized and demoted. And he wasn't surrounded by an organization that would take the time to make that happen. Not in the current culture.

I don't believe he's trying to lock in his contract. I think he lacks faith in himself within the organization, has run into a few more unexpected obstacles, isn't looking like a starter and is making a play for attention and respect that has fled his brand in the last couple of years. I don't think he has a long game in his head. In short, he's an understandable byproduct of a system that is too often short-sighted, displaying all the faults built into it. He's making another poor read and it's going to cost him.

Quetzal

Colin Kaepernick sucks as a football player. He's terrible.
No arguments here...

It's possible that he feared that the 49ers were hoping to dump his massive contract and get rid of him from their roster. So he hatches this brilliant plan. He makes a stand for the Black Lives Matter movement and then the team will have no choice but to keep him and continue to pay him.
I mean, maybe. But I think you are giving too much credit here. I think he is trying to slide back into the lime light for something that takes the attention away from his horrendous on-field performances. Or, worse, he honestly believes what he is doing and supports my less-than-stellar review of him.

It is a double edged sword. If they keep him, one could argue he reflects the club in his statements which appear unpatriotic, blah blah. If they cut him they one could argue it was done due to race, blah blah. I do not envy the powers at be in the 49ers club house. They are in a tough spot.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yep.
Dump the ungrateful bum.

And wrap his pink-slip in a 'White Lives Matter' T-shirt to show him what a waste of time going around tooting slogans is.

they could write his severance check in black marker

on a black background :banana:

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
He played for the Nevada Wolf Pack a weak suck offense where 90% of the time he ran the ball.
Never was anything special on that level.
He's done. I'd rather have Tebow than Kap. Both do the same thing.