Copy and paste to get point across

Bee1

I originally started posting everything in my own words but most of my responses were copy and paste scriptures out the bible. I think a alluded to that fact in a earlier post. So why I am penalize when I copy and paste and I clearly pen that these are not my own words in the beginning of my post. I am sure most know that these are not my own words, I am just giving references to my view. That is all, I am not trying to be an intellectually genesis on religion.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I originally started posting everything in my own words but most of my responses were copy and paste scriptures out the bible. I think a alluded to that fact in a earlier post. So why I am penalize when I copy and paste and I clearly pen that these are not my own words in the beginning of my post. I am sure most know that these are not my own words, I am just giving references to my view. That is all, I am not trying to be an intellectually genesis on religion.

Some software has a copy and a paste. When you say a or an correctly before another word a is before words that do not begin with a vowel while an is before words that do begin with a vowel.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Copy and paste from scripture is fine. Bible Gateway is a excellent resource for that. But don't copy and paste articles from the web. That is plagiarism. You need to cite your source. We would rather you not link to sites that disparage the Bible. So don't copy paste from the stuff like that.

genuineoriginal

Here is the relevant rule that was violated.
I highlighted the part that you neglected to do that would have made your posts acceptable.
6. Thou SHALL NOT post copyrighted material on our website (without prior approval). Plagiarism is also a bannable offense - If you are posting material written by others, make sure to give them credit.

Zeke

Parroting is a factor in all learning, even reactions caused from experience has so many possibilities, and they have been duplicated/plagiarized like every thing under the sun so everybody is guilty.

Copyrighting infringement especially concerning religious writings is the biggest offender of all, so stop reading the bible if this rule is to be considered justifiable, or just another wink and nod when the Plagiarism is agreeable.

genuineoriginal

Parroting is a factor in all learning, even reactions caused from experience has so many possibilities, and they have been duplicated/plagiarized like every thing under the sun so everybody is guilty.

Copyrighting infringement especially concerning religious writings is the biggest offender of all, so stop reading the bible if this rule is to be considered justifiable, or just another wink and nod when the Plagiarism is agreeable.
It looks like you were asking to be banned.

Bee1

Copy and paste from scripture is fine. Bible Gateway is a excellent resource for that. But don't copy and paste articles from the web. That is plagiarism. You need to cite your source. We would rather you not link to sites that disparage the Bible. So don't copy paste from the stuff like that.
I was not aware of the internet violation,and it won't happen again,but clearly am not trying to use internet to voice as my own, I even separated "my" statement by a paragraph but ok , live and learn.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
When you say a or an correctly before another word a is before words that do not begin with a vowel while an is before words that do begin with a vowel.
I have remembered that an is also before words that begin with an h, like honor, as in it was an honor to make your acquaintance.

genuineoriginal

am not trying to use internet to voice as my own, I even separated "my" statement by a paragraph
I couldn't tell that you had added your own statement.

I usually surround paragraphs I am quoting from an article with the [INDENT][/INDENT] tags to set those apart from my own, as well as providing a link to the article.

Bee1

I couldn't tell that you had added your own statement.

I usually surround paragraphs I am quoting from an article with the [INDENT][/INDENT] tags to set those apart from my own, as well as providing a link to the article.
No one click on links unless you give short and informative intro first.

Lon

As you are learning BUT it doesn't not excuse it without citation. Next? Doing it all the time is not dialogue which IS a TOL rule. All you have to do it read the rules, Zeke. They are there for all of us. Cut/paste without putting thoughts into your own words is a :nono: No matter what forum you are on. It is often enough illegal as well.

No one click on links unless you give short and informative intro first.

That too. The TOL rule is 1) dialogue and 2) no link dropping that takes members AWAY from TOL. You can do so in the chat box but even there generally a comment as to 'why' leave TOL for a moment. Most of this is covered in the TOL rules. Well worth a read and only a few moments of your time. :e4e: