Cruz is rising in polls.. esp in Iowa..

republicanchick

cruz says Rubio voted w/ Schumer and... can't recall the other.. oh, I think it was the pres

ok, the issue they agreed on escapes me at the moment (been a hectic day..), but..

Yeh, I do recall (meaning Recall WELL) this one big issue Cruz and Rubio disagreed on

Ghadaffi (spelling?)

Cruz thought we should let an ally (albeit an amoral one... but Ghadaffi WAS an ally)... stay in power in Libya..

hellary Clinton and Co... and Rubio thought o/wise...

now we have chaos in Libya... terrorists taking over..

looks like Cruz is a little more far-sighted (among other things) than some running... to say the least...

Ted Cruz for president

:)

___

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Yeh, I do recall (meaning Recall WELL) this one big issue Cruz and Rubio disagreed on

Ghadaffi (spelling?)

Cruz thought we should let an ally (albeit an amoral one... but Ghadaffi WAS an ally)... stay in power in Libya..

So can we now refer to him as Teddy "the ends justify the means" Cruz.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
How is that 'the ends justify the means'? From someone who no doubt thinks Saddam Hussein should not have been forced out of Iraq.

Teddy's rationale for Lybia would have been the same for Saddam. He had his country under control.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

lighthouse99

How is that 'the ends justify the means'? From someone who no doubt thinks Saddam Hussein should not have been forced out of Iraq.

Do you think the US and other civilized countries should intervene to help the oppressed in other countries who want democracy but can't have it because of tyrants?

A lot of people seem to see this as something bad; I was wondering what you and other conservatives think

:think:

journey

Do you think the US and other civilized countries should intervene to help the oppressed in other countries who want democracy but can't have it because of tyrants?

A lot of people seem to see this as something bad; I was wondering what you and other conservatives think

Are you talking about applying political pressure OR war?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Huh? They hardly want it. you are projecting your own preferences on other people you do not understand.

brewmama

Teddy's rationale for Lybia would have been the same for Saddam. He had his country under control.
Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

You haven't explained why you said the "ends justify the means" re Cruz, and you support people who, yes, as I said, did the same thing to Gaddafi that was done to Hussein, yet who now complain about it being done to Hussein.
Although Hussein was known by all (Democrats and Republicans) to be a threat to the US while Gaddafi was not. So Clinton/Obama won on neither means nor ends.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
You haven't explained why you said the "ends justify the means" re Cruz, and you support people who, yes, as I said, did the same thing to Gaddafi that was done to Hussein, yet who now complain about it being done to Hussein.
Although Hussein was known by all (Democrats and Republicans) to be a threat to the US while Gaddafi was not. So Clinton/Obama won on neither means nor ends.

Oh, forgot, Saddam had all those weapons of mass destruction. And did you forget who was responsible for Lockerbie?
You don't get to suggest someone like Gaddafi should stay in power because he controlled his country (gently you think?) and was therefore somehow an ally but Saddam, who also controlled his country, was a bad guy because he was not an ally.
But we, and other countries do that all the time. Just suck it up and accept it for what it is, but Crazy Teddy should not get bonus points for that, especially when he holds himself out as an beacon of Christian values. The ends justify the means is not valid Christian philosophy. It would perhaps justify radical Islam, if you want that ability on your side, well you make the argument, not me.

lighthouse99

After much consideration and prayer, Ted Cruz is my choice. I will vote for him in the primaries.

did you start out with someone else?

I am concerned about some of the others in the top of the polls who believe in TPP

Cruz does not and at this point (not totally sure yet) I belive he is the only one (in the top) who is against it

maybe u know more about this?

:confused:

brewmama

Oh, forgot, Saddam had all those weapons of mass destruction. And did you forget who was responsible for Lockerbie?
You don't get to suggest someone like Gaddafi should stay in power because he controlled his country (gently you think?) and was therefore somehow an ally but Saddam, who also controlled his country, was a bad guy because he was not an ally.
But we, and other countries do that all the time. Just suck it up and accept it for what it is, but Crazy Teddy should not get bonus points for that, especially when he holds himself out as an beacon of Christian values. The ends justify the means is not valid Christian philosophy. It would perhaps justify radical Islam, if you want that ability on your side, well you make the argument, not me.

He actually DID become an ally after the Iraq invasion, and he turned in any weapons of mass destruction he had. Thanks to the invasion. Funny how you ignore that. You still haven't explained how anything Cruz said has anything to do with the ends justifying the means, which is no big surprise.

What Cruz said was absolutely true, and he was right, and your claims have absolutely no basis or merit.

Morpheus

Cruz is a Canadan citizen who was born in Canada to two Canadian citizens.
He is not a natural born American citizen.
As such, he is not qualified to become President.

see http://www.scribd.com/doc/256409078/Cruz-Citizenship-Timeline-documented

I am the last person to have any desire to defend Cruz, but yes, he was born in Canada to a mother with U.S. citizenship and a father with Cuban citizenship. He had dual citizenship, deriving his U.S. citizenship through his mother, until a couple years ago when he realized that his Canadian citizenship might be a drag on his presidential ambitions, so he then renounced it. That being said, none citizenship does not qualify him for the office he desires. Trump's outrageous ranting only serves to make Cruz appear marginally rational. If not for Trump the news media would be focused on just how irrational Cruz really is. (of course republicanchick would be drawn to another crazy.)