Daniel 11:37 - "the desire of women" - what is the meaning?

popsthebuilder

Good work. Because the verse says "nor regard any god" we can know that the person is an Atheist. As for Women, they would prefer certain Pagan gods not normally desired by men. The prophecy is about a Atheist man who will attack Israel with a Nuclear weapon. The prophecy is a bit confusing because it is speaking of more than one person and event in history, and history to come.

Daniel 11:37 (NKJV)
37 He shall regard neither the (God / gods) of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all.
Not regard any God means not regard existence or evolution as God either. What it is saying is that this creation of man will be without conscious thought, and will do everything through decision making skills that are methodical and without remorse or spirit of any sort.

popsthebuilder

The Judaica Press' online English translation of the Jewish Bible translates Daniel 11:37 as follows:

And he will not contemplate the gods of his fathers, and the most desirable of women and any god he will not contemplate, for he will magnify himself over all.​

Rashi's commentary states that "the most desirable of women" refers to "the nation of Israel, [called] fairest of women."

Link to source: http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16494#showrashi=true
It will be a program y'all. A program based on laws and problem solving skills. It will be literally unstoppable, except by God. This is real, I'm not selling anything. Google is actively working on the software as we speak. They may or may not know that it is prophetic and damning. I had an entire discussion about it after someone had posted something about a simulation to determine the way the mind works. Turns out they have made a program that completely mimics the problem solving capacity and other capacities of the brain that we aren't even using as a whole. This software will be wholly apathetic, and literally be incapable of empathy. It will carry out the mission of existence to the best of it a ability with complete disregard for God, material possessions, pagan gods, nature, or anything else, because it won't have the capacity to perceive these things. It will experience, based on its experience and nearly endless expanding memory it will determine the best path and take it. It will be an abomination in the eyes of man and God and will ultimately be dealt with by God. Thanks. It's a lot, I know. We must have faith in God and try to bring others into Faith with God before the end really comes. If we wait until the antichrist is exposed fully, we will lose a lot of souls.

popsthebuilder

Islam stands out as the the "False Prophet" and "Great Beast" of Revelation.

And Islam is extremely misogynist.

So there is certainly some parallel or connection to that.

But if in fact the Vatican actually concocted the Islam religion to attempt
to convert Arabs to Christianity, or at least manipulate and control them,
as has been suggested before*, Then its no surprise that
the "Great Beast" and the "Great Harlot" have strange similarities
and connections in the Last Days when they arise
and attempt to seize power over the earth.

Examples:

Pro-Vatican-created Islam:
http://www.redicecreations.com/specialreports/2006/04apr/catholicislam.html

Anti-Vatican-Created-Islam:
http://shoebat.com/2014/02/04/catholic-church-invent-islam-2/

I personally think that Vatican priests did have a hand in the early formation of Islam (i.e., Quran/Mohammed),
but that Mohammed (like Hitler) asserted his independence later and added anti-Christian rhetoric.

The complex problem is best analyzed using historical information and the subsequent behaviours
of various parties:

http://www.reformation.org/vatican-and-islam.html
The false profit or religion is the RCC. Muslims go by the law established in the Torah, and by the Quran which testifies the perfection of Jesus as the only true prophet. They just try to say not to worship Christ as if he was the exact same as God when he was a human. They believe in God just like us. They don't understand Jesus because he was for the Gentiles initially. The RCC is responsible for the confusion, as Jesus was the son of God put here to pay for our sins, that we may rise to righteousness in God's eyes through the sacrifice of Jesus. They would confuse you, and have you thing that we are to worship Christ as God, as opposed to following the teachings that are so obviously written. We are to follow Jesus's example. We must unify soon.

popsthebuilder

No, he seems on the surface a fairly level headed guy, and at first I tended to believe him about Muslim tactics, etc. I do not believe all his theories. But I got antsy about him when he was confronted by Nightline about where the money goes. While I can understand him not wanting to jeopardize those he supports, it would be interesting to know how much money goes to support those persecuted by Islam.

Perhaps I need to be more clear. I am not saying that all muslim converts are untrustworthy. There are some whom I believe are indeed working for Christ, like Nabeel Qureshi. But there are some whose personal lives don't seem to reflect their miraculous conversion stories. If they are looking for money, I would investigate them thoroughly.
I was trying to be fair to Mr. Shoebat. I basically have little reason to doubt his sincerity except for the non-transparency, and my perception of his defensiveness about it, which gives me pause. I suppose the military investigated him thoroughly enough to satisfy them before hiring him to speak to soldiers.

In my efforts to learn how to respond to Muslims regarding the Qu'ran and the Bible, I have researched a number of actual converts to understand how and why they converted, and what they had to face in order to do it. Basically all of them had to give up their entire prior lives in order to convert. Unfortunately, some strike me as shams leading me to question why they would construct such lies, and what happens to donations they ask for. Some claim to have been part of terrorist cells, etc, but "converted" in the process of being immersed among Christians. If they aren't true converts, are we being asked to support a terrorist? Are we being duped into supporting our enemies? After all this does seem to be a tactic of Islam.
To be clear though; I think there are a lot of Christians that don't follow the teachings of Christ.

daqq

Seams to me that the final enemy and destroyer of man and true religion will not be of earthly desires or God. These things will be indifferent for it, as it will look for the best solution for advancement only.

The God of women in this context means what they worship, which near the end, like now, they worship material possessions, and money.

Not regard any God means not regard existence or evolution as God either. What it is saying is that this creation of man will be without conscious thought, and will do everything through decision making skills that are methodical and without remorse or spirit of any sort.

It will be a program y'all. A program based on laws and problem solving skills. It will be literally unstoppable, except by God. This is real, I'm not selling anything. Google is actively working on the software as we speak. They may or may not know that it is prophetic and damning. I had an entire discussion about it after someone had posted something about a simulation to determine the way the mind works. Turns out they have made a program that completely mimics the problem solving capacity and other capacities of the brain that we aren't even using as a whole. This software will be wholly apathetic, and literally be incapable of empathy. It will carry out the mission of existence to the best of it a ability with complete disregard for God, material possessions, pagan gods, nature, or anything else, because it won't have the capacity to perceive these things. It will experience, based on its experience and nearly endless expanding memory it will determine the best path and take it. It will be an abomination in the eyes of man and God and will ultimately be dealt with by God. Thanks. It's a lot, I know. We must have faith in God and try to bring others into Faith with God before the end really comes. If we wait until the antichrist is exposed fully, we will lose a lot of souls.

The false profit or religion is the RCC. Muslims go by the law established in the Torah, and by the Quran which testifies the perfection of Jesus as the only true prophet. They just try to say not to worship Christ as if he was the exact same as God when he was a human. They believe in God just like us. They don't understand Jesus because he was for the Gentiles initially. The RCC is responsible for the confusion, as Jesus was the son of God put here to pay for our sins, that we may rise to righteousness in God's eyes through the sacrifice of Jesus. They would confuse you, and have you thing that we are to worship Christ as God, as opposed to following the teachings that are so obviously written. We are to follow Jesus's example. We must unify soon.

To be clear though; I think there are a lot of Christians that don't follow the teachings of Christ.

:confused: :think: :plain: :hammer: :dizzy: :doh: :shut:

Last edited:

popsthebuilder

you don't know the history of islam
I know the history of the RCC and the crusades. I have studied the Torah and Qur'an. As far as I know these are the two most influential books of Islam. The Torah is pretty much the Old Testament, and the Qur'an is full of God's law, and instructs Islam that true Christians are their brothers in true Faith of the one God. Thank you.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I know the history of the RCC and the crusades. I have studied the Torah and Qur'an. As far as I know these are the two most influential books of Islam. The Torah is pretty much the Old Testament, and the Qur'an is full of God's law, and instructs Islam that true Christians are their brothers in true Faith of the one God. Thank you.

the crusades did not start until the eleventh century
islam started in the seventh century
so
you don't know what happened during those four hundred years?

sounds like it

RevTestament

I think you better study the Qu'ran again then.
Do true Christians deny that God has a Son?

popsthebuilder

the crusades did not start until the eleventh century
islam started in the seventh century
so
you don't know what happened during those four hundred years?

sounds like it
That's like saying we should judge all Christians by the crusades and holocaust. We are to go by the ancient texts relative to our religion. Both texts pertaining to both religions say to unify. So why can't we if that is what it says in scripture? Thanks. Definitely never says to be outwardly negative or violent towards anyone in scripture, especially not fellow faithful. Thanks.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As is often the case in Scripture; the passage begins and ends with what it is talking about:

Daniel 11:

37. Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

Who is the God of His father's people? Who is the desire of their women?

John 20:

28. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.

Luke 1:

28. And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

41. And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
42. And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
43. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

The desire of their women was that they be the one chosen to bring the Christ into the world.

He shall not regard Christ as Lord God of his fathers for he shall magnify himself above all.

Guess what - it wasn't Antiochus. The guy is a Jew.

One in particular - John 5:

43. I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

And many of his kind - Luke 21:

8. And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Both - 1 John 2:

18. Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

22. Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

2 Thessalonians 2:

3. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4. Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Tip of the iceberg on this...
I like this post.

popsthebuilder

I think you better study the Qu'ran again then.
Do true Christians deny that God has a Son?
No, and I didn't say Islam was Christianity either. But they worship the same God. Islam doesn't have a problem with Jesus. They have a problem with the Gentiles worshiping Jesus as God as opposed to acknowledging and following his teachings like the Bible says. Where does it say that Jesus of Nazareth was always the exact same as God and that he being the son of God was around before existence as we know it like God? Thank you.

popsthebuilder

no

I am just suggesting you are judging the crusades without considering what happened during the four hundred years leading up to them
Regardless of what lead up to it, the Romans crucified Jesus, then went on a raping, robbing, murdering, pillaging campaign to force there version of Christianity on all, confiscating and destroying much evidence of the actual teachings of Arius and Christ. They gathered up all wealth for themselves too. It clearly states that money and material possessions are of no value once we die. So why has the RCC committed atrocities against humanity in direct disregard of scripture? Just the tip of the iceberg. Anyway, my point is that we can't judge based on the actions of few. We can however, judge based on affiliated ancient texts and beliefs. Thanks. We are all hypocrites. None better than the other. Is bickering and bloodshed really more important than scripture?

RevTestament

No, and I didn't say Islam was Christianity either. But they worship the same God. Islam doesn't have a problem with Jesus.
They who deny the Son, deny the Father also and are anti-Christ. Which explains why Muslims burn Christian Churches and persecute Christians in those lands in which they are the majority.
They have a problem with the Gentiles worshiping Jesus as God as opposed to acknowledging and following his teachings like the Bible says. Where does it say that Jesus of Nazareth was always the exact same as God and that he being the son of God was around before existence as we know it like God? Thank you.
"For God so loved the world, that He sent His only Begotten Son, that whoso believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Read also Proverbs 9 Pops.

Further, the Qu'ran denies the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.

popsthebuilder

They who deny the Son, deny the Father also and are anti-Christ. Which explains why Muslims burn Christian Churches and persecute Christians in those lands in which they are the majority.
"For God so loved the world, that He sent His only Begotten Son, that whoso believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Read also Proverbs 9 Pops.

Further, the Qu'ran denies the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.
No it does not. No scripture you quoted suggested we are to divide from the truly faithful.

RevTestament

No it does not. No scripture you quoted suggested we are to divide from the truly faithful.

I lost you there. No what does not? I didn't say anything about dividing from the faithful.
The Qur'an DOES indeed deny Christ was crucified, and basically says the people were fooled into believing He was crucified, when He was not.

popsthebuilder

I lost you there. No what does not? I didn't say anything about dividing from the faithful.
The Qur'an DOES indeed deny Christ was crucified, and basically says the people were fooled into believing He was crucified, when He was not.
What it means is that Christ is not dead and didn't die when Jesus was crucified. It does not dispute the the prophesies of the crucifixion. It is all confusion due to translation and misrepresentation by the RCC.

Nazaroo

What it means is that Christ is not dead and didn't die when Jesus was crucified. It does not dispute the the prophesies of the crucifixion. It is all confusion due to translation and misrepresentation by the RCC.

Why are 'pinko commie' sock-puppets so interested in Jesus?