daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Originally posted by daniel

I find this kind of reprehensible. Day after day on these forums sozo, lighthouse, and others use name-calling as a regular tool of intimidation. They show no respect for anyone who disagrees with them. And yet as soon as anyone calls them on their behavior and says what they think of it you object.

Pardon me.

Since the topic hadn't been addressed in how many pages? I thought it would be more beneficial to just make a new thread to beat each other up on. Sort of like I'm doing now :)

This thread is full of their typical abuse of others. If you really object to name calling then why don't you daily object to all the name calling that goes on here? Be consistent and stand for the right.

It was about the thread. Not your feelings. But if you don't don't think we all get and give our fair share around here, maybe it's just because you haven't been here very long :)

I know you're not one of the ones to get involved in calling names so the following doesn't apply to you, Nineveh.

Yes, I too call them like I see them when necessary. I'm sure dave miller and 1PM wouldn't agree with you that I'm in the "don't judge" camp. :)

godrulz is a fine example of a true Christian gentleman. He speaks with humility, respect for others, and meekness. He follows the example of his Savior. His opponents though, well, they remind me of those who opposed Christ.

godrulz is patient I'll grant you that. But please don't try to make Christ out into a "judge not-er". He too displayed righteous indignation when appropriate.

They use intimidation, rudeness, cruelty, anger and hatred as their tools.

All of those "tools" are within bounds to use. Agreed some misuse them and they become weapons.

To you on a personal note:

You need to toughen your skin a little. Nothing is more annoying than hearing "you're attacking me" in the middle of a debate. This is an internet forum. The old saying "sticks and stones" comes to mind.

They heap disrepect and hatred upon his head.

I for one do not respect people who misrepresent the Gospel. I don't believe that is a mandate. While I may not be rude, I don't have to respect them or their ideas. Certainly I will try my best to show the errors, but after a while it gets to the point where it's obvious some folks just want to be willfully ignorant. What then? Show them respect as they lie about Christ? No.

They are the Pharisees of this generation. They know some scripture, but they err in that they do not know God or the power of the Gospel. They are filled, just as the Pharisees of Christ's day, with hatred for that which is good, for that which really reflects the character of God. They have a form of religion but deny the power thereof and their actions show it.

Personally, I see nothing "good" in pagnaism, especially when it's hidden behind the Name of Christ.

I for one can no longer stand idly by while decent Christian people are mocked, have their relationship with God impugned, and called vile names. I will call a spade a spade in defense of others.

Suit up and jump in. Just keep it "clean".

Remember, you don't like the tools used as weapons, so don't turn yourself into a hypocrite or get banned. If you are uncertain, here are the "commandments" of TOL.

That the moderators and owner of this site stand by while this type of behavior goes on a daily basis does not speak well for them as Christians, or even as human beings.

If being offensive got folks banned, there wouldn't be many people here. Christian or pagan.

Want to know who I see as "giving a bad Name" to Christianity? Folks who are pagans with pagan beliefs masquerading as Christians. To me that is offensive. But personally, I'd rather expose them than ban them.

They have the power to put a stop to it and they choose to watch this behavior, and even participate in it. It's reprehensible. It's anti-Christian.

To expose false teaching? Now, remember you want to jump in on the side of folks who you feel are being unjustly labled. So maybe you better take a few and find out who's side everyone is on before you jump into the frey?

I have spent years on the internet and been involved in many forums and I've never seen anything like this.

So have I. And unless you aren't talking about Compuserve, AOL, FireTalk, Yahoo, Virtual Places, Cheetah Chat, Pal Talk, or IRC, we obviously have vastly different experiences on what goes on.

No, TOL isn't going to allow outright profanity. However, if I'm talking to a slut who thinks she is good enough to earn her way to Heaven, I'm not going to hide the fact she is a slut and she isn't good enough. That may sound harsh, it may sound rude, but it should also sound true.

Non-Christian sites won't tolerate this kind of behavior, and yet these so-called Christian's not only tolerate it they enourage it by participating in this behavior themselves. What a way to convince the world the that Christianity is something that is good for it, and has something to better to offer.

Better like....

God is love and He accepts you as you are for what you are, you don't need to repent or even accept Christ?

If that's what you are looking for, TOL isn't for you. You might feel more comfortable at a pagan chat room or a "nicer" theology site.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
godrulz,

I dunno. I'm working from the assumption he at least claims Christ, but this is the first I've talked to him. Why do you ask?

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh

godrulz,

I dunno. I'm working from the assumption he at least claims Christ, but this is the first I've talked to him. Why do you ask?

I do not know him. I thought you might have an opinion. I do not want to condone him if he is not. It seems to me that he has a good heart and a grounding in Christianity.

elohiym

Re: daniel

Yes, I too call them like I see them when necessary. I'm sure dave miller and 1PM wouldn't agree with you that I'm in the "don't judge" camp. :)
And what have you judged about my wife, 1PM, Nineveh? Be very specific; no conjecture; give quotes. Give scripture to support you view.

But please don't try to make Christ out into a "judge not-er".
Well who should I believe, the Bible or you? Jesus' words prove you false. It is written...

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Joh 12:47,48 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Mt 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Lu 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

And Paul, what was he thinking...

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

Oh, but Jesus did tell the self-righteous to judge righteous judgement, not judgement by appearance, if they were going to judge...

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Is that the verse you think gives you authority to judge anyone, or somehow proves that Jesus was not a "judge-not-er" as you imply?

He too displayed righteous indignation when appropriate.
Righteous indignation is not synonym for judgment, Nineveh. And note the way he displayed righteous indignation, it was nothing like the selective unrighteous indignation I have witnessed around here.

All of those "tools" are within bounds to use.
You are wrong. Please provide biblical support for your claim.

God is love and He accepts you as you are for what you are, you don't need to repent or even accept Christ?
First, God is love.

Second, he does love sinners while they are dead in their transgressions. So God does love and accept them for what they are, especially in light of the fact that they can't and don't modify their behavior to earn salvation.

Third, everybody needs to repent, but repentance is objective, not subjective. I sense your idea of repentance is subjective. We'll see.

Fourth, everyone must accept Christ, but accepting Christ is objective, not subjective. I sense your idea accepting Christ is subjective. We'll see.

So you differ from sozo's definition of moralist how, Nineveh?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: daniel

Re: Re: daniel

Originally posted by elohiym

And what have you judged about my wife, 1PM, Nineveh? Be very specific; no conjecture; give quotes. Give scripture to support you view.

I think the thread where she promised Gerald a miracle speaks for itself.

Well who should I believe, the Bible or you? Jesus' words prove you false. It is written...

Joh 8:15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

Joh 12:47,48 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Mt 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Lu 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

You mean Jesus didn't judge the pharisees? Or the money changers? Wow, ok, so how do you interpret those passages?

Oh and don't forget the rest of Matthew 7...

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

And Paul, what was he thinking...

1Co 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

Yeah I wonder what he was thinking:

"Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!"

Oh, but Jesus did tell the self-righteous to judge righteous judgement, not judgement by appearance, if they were going to judge...

Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Self righteous? Hardly. Jesus wants believers to use a higher standard, a righteous standard to judge by. Hence the "righteous" part in that quote.

Is that the verse you think gives you authority to judge anyone, or somehow proves that Jesus was not a "judge-not-er" as you imply?

Besides the fact not only He judged but told others to judge, not like a hypocrite, but with righteous judgement? Um, no, can't think of any. lol

Righteous indignation is not synonym for judgment, Nineveh. And note the way he displayed righteous indignation, it was nothing like the selective unrighteous indignation I have witnessed around here.You are wrong. Please provide biblical support for your claim.First, God is love.

You know? So far, in all your judge-not talk, you have been awful judgemental. Think Christ was talking to you when He said don't judge like a hypocrite?

Second, he does love sinners while they are dead in their transgressions. So God does love and accept them for what they are, especially in light of the fact that they can't and don't modify their behavior to earn salvation.

God accepts an unrepentant homosexual?

Third, everybody needs to repent, but repentance is objective, not subjective. I sense your idea of repentance is subjective. We'll see.

You and I must be reading different Bibles. "Repent" is a theme from beginning to end. Some do, some don't. Same as today.

Fourth, everyone must accept Christ, but accepting Christ is objective, not subjective. I sense your idea accepting Christ is subjective. We'll see.

What's with "objective" and "subjective" ?

Either one believes in their heart Jesus is Lord or they don't.

Unless you mean people get to make up their own Christ and "accept" that one, rather than the One who was born in the flesh and rose from the dead.

So you differ from sozo's definition of moralist how, Nineveh?

I dunno, what was his definition?

elohiym

Re: Re: Re: daniel

Re: Re: Re: daniel

I think the thread where she promised Gerald a miracle speaks for itself.
As far as 1PM goes, if you cannot be specific, then what were you telling me I should correct her for? Is your case against 1PM so weak you cannot even state your allegations?

Oh well, if you can't make your point, perhaps you should refrain from making vague accusations. 1PM gave you scripture for everything she said about you, and she was right on.

You mean Jesus didn't judge the pharisees? Or the money changers? Wow, ok, so how do you interpret those passages?

Oh and don't forget the rest of Matthew 7...

"You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
I quoted Jesus himself, but you don't want to believe him. Why?

He absolutely did not judge the Pharisees, or the money changers. You obviously don't have a clue what "judge" means. Removing a speck from someone's eye is not judging that person.

Yeah I wonder what he was thinking:

"Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!"
Oh, so I see, rather than look at all the verses together, you just grab the ones you think make your point. Does that verse state that Jesus will judge anyone? Does that verse say Paul judges himself? Does that verse state we should judge anyone outside the church?

Look, Nin, you said that Jesus was not a "judge-not-er", which is contrary to Jesus' own statements about himself. Can you back up your assertion that Jesus came to judge? If you cannot, then don't act like a false teacher and teach people that Jesus came to judge.

Self righteous? Hardly. Jesus wants believers to use a higher standard, a righteous standard to judge by. Hence the "righteous" part in that quote.
Read the context of the verse and who Jesus was talking to when he said that. Also, you think that you are capable of righteous judgment? I suppose then you can keep all the commandments to obtain eternal life, like Jesus seemed to be telling people to do.

Besides the fact not only He judged but told others to judge, not like a hypocrite, but with righteous judgement? Um, no, can't think of any. lol
Jesus did not come to judge. He stated so himself. You have to show me a verse where Jesus states he came to judge. You can't. Examples of what you percieve is judgment by him are irrelevant in light of Jesus' own testimony about himself.

You know? So far, in all your judge-not talk, you have been awful judgemental. Think Christ was talking to you when He said don't judge like a hypocrite?
Where have I judged? I don't judge anyone. Christ's words do the judging, not me.

If you hate, you are in darkness. Jesus said that, not me.
If you hate, you are a liar. Jesus said that, not me.
If you hate, you are a murderer. Jesus said that, not me.

You seem to think that because I can discern that certain people who claim to be Christians are not because Christ's words state they are not, that somehow it makes me judgmental. That's a riot.

God accepts an unrepentant homosexual?
What is an unrepentant homosexual?

Have you ceased from every act of the flesh that would have condemned you under the same law as a homosexual? Did the law condemn you, or what? Did you repent by stoping all those acts of the flesh, or by accepting righteousness by faith?

You and I must be reading different Bibles. "Repent" is a theme from beginning to end. Some do, some don't. Same as today.
Oh, so you can't explain what repentance is. I knew you wouldn't be able to.

What's with "objective" and "subjective" ?
Explain repentance, and I'll tell you what's with "objective" and "subjective".

Either one believes in their heart Jesus is Lord or they don't.
That is subjective. What does it mean to believe in Jesus, Nin? Do you even know? I'm starting to wonder.

Unless you mean people get to make up their own Christ and "accept" that one, rather than the One who was born in the flesh and rose from the dead.
There is only one way to the Father. You know that; but I seriously doubt you know the way based on your own words.

I dunno, what was his definition?
Well, if you dunno, then I guess his definition was not all that memorable. Good.

What is the definition of self-righteous?

Oh, and I noticed you conviently avoided answering this one:

Daniel said, "They use intimidation, rudeness, cruelty, anger and hatred as their tools."

To which you replied, "All of those "tools" are within bounds to use."

That is a totally false statement, and in my opinion only someone in darkness could make such a statement. So feel free to prove to us that you are not in darkness, Nin. Show me Jesus tells us that intimidation, rudeness, cruelty, anger and hatred are within bounds to use.

You statement contradicts the Bible in so many ways, it is remarkable. Take just cruelty. It is written...

Pr 11:17 The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.

Pr 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Ps 27:12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

Ps 74:20 Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty.

How can cruelty be a "tool" of the righteous, Nineveh?

Last edited:

daniel

Nineveh,

You misunderstand me greatly. I never mentioned myself or anything sozo has ever said to me.

I really don't care about what guys like sozo say to me personally. But after reading the abuse he continually heaped upon anyone who disagreed with him I had to say something. The level of rudeness, cruelty and crassness is far beyond what is allowed on any other sites I've ever been on. No site I've ever been a part of has ever allowed any person to continually use name-calling such as goes on here. I also have to say that most of the sites I've been involved with are not Christian sites either.

As to making Christ a judge-not that's a straw man if I've ever seen one. Christ didn't run around being rude and crass to everyone who disagreed with him. He was polite, self-effacing, and humble. He accepted all men as friends. That's why sinners were drawn to Him. No one draws sinners to themselves by personally denouncing them, and sinners loved being around Christ. They invited Him to their parties and feasts. Remember? That was one of the things the Pharisees denounced Him for doing?

quote:
Luke 15: 1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

It's ludicrous to say that the publicans and sinner came to Christ to hear Him call them the names that are bandied about on this forum, yet that's exactly what is put forth many times. I have read that of justification for swearing, rudeness, and crassness towards anyone who's theology isn't popular here and for those who aren't Christians.

How far from the reality of Christ's life and example this is. In the world Christ lived in to eat with and share water with someone really meant something personal. It meant that there was a bond between those who did these things. That's why the woman at the well was so surprised when Christ asked her for a drink of water. She was used to being treated the way people this forum treat non-Christians and those who disagree with their theology. Christ treated her with respect. He asked her for a favor. That put Him in her debt. He owed her one for that in their society. He got her attention through that and then got down to His mission: saving the lost. He told her all that she had ever done wrong, but He did it only after He had gained her trust by asking a favor. He didn't do it as condemnation either. He used it as a way to open her eyes as to Who she was talking to.

The parallels between the Pharisee's behavior and many on this site are remarkable. And the people here use the same types of justifications the Pharisees used for their behavior. I'm different. I'm one of God's sons and you're not. Therefore you're worthless and to be treated like dirt.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Re: Re: Re: Re: daniel

Re: Re: Re: Re: daniel

Originally posted by elohiym

As far as 1PM goes, if you cannot be specific, then what were you telling me I should correct her for? Is your case against 1PM so weak you cannot even state your allegations?

Oh well, if you can't make your point, perhaps you should refrain from making vague accusations. 1PM gave you scripture for everything she said about you, and she was right on.I quoted Jesus himself, but you don't want to believe him. Why?

Here is the link.

If you don't want to read it and get the whole story, that's your choice. But I'm not going to debate 1PM with you on this thread.

He absolutely did not judge the Pharisees, or the money changers.

"You brood of vipers"
"You belong to your father, the devil"

That sounds pretty judgemental to me. If I said those things to you, you would tell me I'm judging.

You obviously don't have a clue what "judge" means. Removing a speck from someone's eye is not judging that person.

In context, what does it mean then? Did we go from judging to proper lens care in that paragraph?

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."

Oh, so I see, rather than look at all the verses together, you just grab the ones you think make your point.

Careful pointing fingers there, it looks like it's you that likes to pick and choose so far.

Does that verse state that Jesus will judge anyone? Does that verse say Paul judges himself? Does that verse state we should judge anyone outside the church?

When Christ comes back, is he bringing a:

A. Flower
B. Latest Bestseller from Barns & Noble
C. Sword

After you answer, maybe we can decide if Christ judges or not.

Look, Nin, you said that Jesus was not a "judge-not-er", which is contrary to Jesus' own statements about himself.

Look, He absolutely judged what the pharisees were doing was wrong. He absolutly judged what the money changers were doing was wrong. If He didn't judge them, He had no business correcting them.

Can you back up your assertion that Jesus came to judge?

When Christ was here He had some things to accomplish. Namely dying for us. At that time, He didn't come to judge us all, but to save us. To take this to mean Christ never judged is simply silly. He did judge while He was here and He is coming back with either a flower, a bestseller or a sword. If it's a sword, it won't be carried in vain.

If you cannot, then don't act like a false teacher and teach people that Jesus came to judge.

I made my position known above. It's you that needs to take Christ out of context to make your point. Both Christ and Paul instructs us to use righteous judgement.

Read the context of the verse and who Jesus was talking to when he said that.

Where am I not?

Also, you think that you are capable of righteous judgment? I suppose then you can keep all the commandments to obtain eternal life, like Jesus seemed to be telling people to do.

I'm not under the Law, so why would I observe the Law for righteousness? Christ's righteousness was imparted to me when I was baptised into the Body. I use His standard, not my own.

Jesus did not come to judge. He stated so himself.

You seem to want to skip what He is saying:

"for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day."

Now compare that to:

"Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.” He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty."

Jesus wasn't saying He is non judgemental, but that the time of judgement wasn't then. But it's coming.

You have to show me a verse where Jesus states he came to judge. You can't.

What I can't do is believe you need to take Christ so far out of context to make your point.

Examples of what you percieve is judgment by him are irrelevant in light of Jesus' own testimony about himself.

Only if we misunderstand what Christ says and redefine half a dozen words can we arrive at your conclusion.

Where have I judged? I don't judge anyone. Christ's words do the judging, not me.

And so far, you have some logs you need to get rid of, so you can see clearly to help me with a percieved speck.

If you hate, you are in darkness. Jesus said that, not me.
If you hate, you are a liar. Jesus said that, not me.
If you hate, you are a murderer. Jesus said that, not me.

But select capable men from all the people-men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain-and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens.

Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.

Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the LORD God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph.

You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshiping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates.

God is in darkness, a liar and a murderer? Or is it possible there are things appropriate to hate?

You seem to think that because I can discern that certain people who claim to be Christians are not because Christ's words state they are not, that somehow it makes me judgmental. That's a riot.

It seems to me you take Christ out of context when it comes to judgement, so I question your judgement. If you want to call being judemental something else, fine, but that only makes you a veiled hypocrite.

What is an unrepentant homosexual?

A homosexual who hasn't repented.

Have you ceased from every act of the flesh that would have condemned you under the same law as a homosexual?

You mean like do I lust for witchcraft? I did right after I repented, but through faith, that lust has gone away.

Did the law condemn you, or what?

Yes. It did. Fortunatly, because none of the judgenot "Christians" would.

Did you repent by stoping all those acts of the flesh, or by accepting righteousness by faith?

I still hungered for it for a little while. But I practiced my faith and turned to Christ in those times.

Oh, so you can't explain what repentance is.

I can if you don't know what it is.

I knew you wouldn't be able to.

You really don't know God called people to repentance repeatedly?

Just so you won't go off on a tangent about me not explaining repentance to you, it means to be sorry for and to turn from.

Explain repentance, and I'll tell you what's with "objective" and "subjective".

If you plan on telling me people get to define sin, please skip it. I've heard it before and I choose to believe God's definitions.

What does it mean to believe in Jesus, Nin? Do you even know?

Perhaps at this point I need to ask you which Jesus? The Word Who is part of the One True Triune God or the losely defined pantheon you belive in?

I'm starting to wonder.Their is only one way to the Father. You know that; but I seriously doubt you know the way based on your own words.

You aren't the gate keeper to the Body :)

What is the definition of self-righteous?

Defining your own righteousness.

Oh, and I noticed you conviently avoided answering this one:

Daniel said, "They use intimidation, rudeness, cruelty, anger and hatred as their tools."

To which you replied, "All of those "tools" are within bounds to use."

That is a totally false statement, and in my opinion only someone in darkness could make such a statement. So feel free to prove to us that you are not in darkness, Nin. Show me Jesus tells us that intimidation, rudeness, cruelty, anger and hatred are within bounds to use.

Hate is a tool. God uses it. Mockery is a tool. Anger is a tool.

Hate has already been talked about above. God used mockery a few times. Once he sent a dream of bread to an army and it scared them so badly they ran away. (pretty funny if you ask me) And yes, God even gets angry. He got angry with Isreal more than once.

I wouldn't define "intimidation", "cruelty" or "rudeness" as tools, although rudeness sometimes comes with mockery. "Intimidation" and "cruelty" can be broadly defined to include even niceness. (and before you disagree, I have been accused of being "mean" even when I was being as nice as humanly possible)

You statement contradicts the Bible in so many ways, it is remarkable. Take just cruelty. It is written...

Pr 11:17 The merciful man doeth good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubleth his own flesh.

Pr 12:10 A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.

Ps 27:12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.

Ps 74:20 Have respect unto the covenant: for the dark places of the earth are full of the habitations of cruelty.

How can cruelty be a "tool" of the righteous, Nineveh?

Read above.

Nineveh

Merely Christian

Nineveh,

You misunderstand me greatly. I never mentioned myself or anything sozo has ever said to me.

Perhaps you misunderstand me greatly. I would appriciate if you would reply to the first post. Do you know how to quote? This post is really hard to follow along with and I would really like to understand where you are coming from.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We need a "truthsmack" smilie.

Can this :wave: be Nineveh and this :geek: be elohiym?

:wave::geek:

(It's the closest thing I can find to a good smack upside the head)

drbrumley

Nineveh,

I really don't care about what guys like sozo say to me personally. But after reading the abuse he continually heaped upon anyone who disagreed with him I had to say something. The level of rudeness, cruelty and crassness is far beyond what is allowed on any other sites I've ever been on. No site I've ever been a part of has ever allowed any person to continually use name-calling such as goes on here. I also have to say that most of the sites I've been involved with are not Christian sites either.

As to making Christ a judge-not that's a straw man if I've ever seen one. Christ didn't run around being rude and crass to everyone who disagreed with him. He was polite, self-effacing, and humble. He accepted all men as friends. That's why sinners were drawn to Him. No one draws sinners to themselves by personally denouncing them, and sinners loved being around Christ. They invited Him to their parties and feasts. Remember? That was one of the things the Pharisees denounced Him for doing?

quote:
Luke 15: 1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.

2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.

It's ludicrous to say that the publicans and sinner came to Christ to hear Him call them the names that are bandied about on this forum, yet that's exactly what is put forth many times. I have read that of justification for swearing, rudeness, and crassness towards anyone who's theology isn't popular here and for those who aren't Christians.

How far from the reality of Christ's life and example this is. In the world Christ lived in to eat with and share water with someone really meant something personal. It meant that there was a bond between those who did these things. That's why the woman at the well was so surprised when Christ asked her for a drink of water. She was used to being treated the way people this forum treat non-Christians and those who disagree with their theology. Christ treated her with respect. He asked her for a favor. That put Him in her debt. He owed her one for that in their society. He got her attention through that and then got down to His mission: saving the lost. He told her all that she had ever done wrong, but He did it only after He had gained her trust by asking a favor. He didn't do it as condemnation either. He used it as a way to open her eyes as to Who she was talking to.

The parallels between the Pharisee's behavior and many on this site are remarkable. And the people here use the same types of justifications the Pharisees used for their behavior. I'm different. I'm one of God's sons and you're not. Therefore you're worthless and to be treated like dirt.

Sorry to intrude on your convo with Nineveh. But this post I would like to address.

First you stated

He was polite, self-effacing, and humble. He accepted all men as friends. That's why sinners were drawn to Him. No one draws sinners to themselves by personally denouncing them, and sinners loved being around Christ. They invited Him to their parties and feasts. Remember? That was one of the things the Pharisees denounced Him for doing?

That's why the woman who touched His garment was ridiculed. Because He was a nice guy. Let's see the term He used, hmmmmmm........ Oh I remember........... A Dog. Jesus called the woman a dog. But her faith in Him made Him wonder why out loud why she had more faith than the Pharisees. That wasnt nice either. And He granted her request. And that is one example. There are more in the gospels where he wasnt exactly kind as you say. The money changers being scorched by Jesus was not a nice moment. How you can say with a straight face Jesus was kind, tolerant, understanding is quite a stretch. I would even venture to say you attempt to be nicer than God. If that floats your boat, go for it. Christ’s apostles asked Him, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard [Your] saying?" (Mat. 15:12). What is the accepted Christian response today after an offense is taken? Quick, apologize! Ask for forgiveness! Tell them you are sorry. How did Jesus respond? He said to ignore the complaints of the unbelievers: "Let them alone. They are blind," (Mat. 15:14). Today, many Christians condemn Christ’s attitude as unloving. Thanks Bob :up:

You see the problem you have sir is you like the nice verses and ignore the whole picture. Which is basically most of the Christians today do. You included. :down:

AS Bob Enyart has stated:

When a harsh word is needed God uses a harsh word. This is true in the Old and New Testaments. Herod beheaded John the Baptist for "rebuking" the king for "all the evils which Herod had done" (Luke 3:19) and for condemning the tetrarch for incestuous adultery (Mat. 14:3-4; Mark 6:17-18; Lev. 18:16; 20:21) with "Herodias, his brother Philip’s wife" (Luke 3:19). Jesus warned of "the leaven of Herod" (Mark 8:15). When notified that "Herod wants to kill You," (Luke 13:31), Christ responded without respect, "Go, tell that fox, ‘I cast out demons’…" (Luke 13:32).

So basically, sir, is without the whole bible as a guide, you circumvent the gospel much to your peril. Christianity is ridiculed by people because of folks like you. Jesus said we will be hated. Now why would we be hated? Because we offend. People like Sozo, Enyart, Knight see what folks like you do. And it makes us sick.

Suck on this post for awhile and get back to me when you see the error in your Christian religion.

drbrumley

Here's another nuggett of truth

Gentiles (as symbols of the godless) and sodomites are called "dogs" in the Bible (Mat. 7:6; 15:26; Deut. 23:17-18; Ps. 22:16; 59:5-6; Phil. 3:2; Rev. 22:15). And Jesus was harsh (not only to the Pharisees, as some believers wrongly assume but) to all the unrepentant (see His use of "hypocrite"). Jesus instructs Christians to not "cast your pearls before swine" (Mat. 7:6). Yet the silly dilemma now is, "Who could Christ possibly have meant by that, for we are too loving, tolerant, polite and respectful to refer to any human being by that mean-spirited term."
Thanks Bob:up:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
LOL Poly!

By all means drbrumley you are more than welcome to have a say like anyone else. :)

Personally,
I think daniel has misunderstood what I am saying. I am trying to speak in more general terms of TOL, not one specific thread or person.

drbrumley

I'm just getting really tired of this nicer than God junk. These folks are being fed milk and thats all they want. Whats it going to take to have folks like Daniel wake up? Someone breaks down his door because they find out he's a christian? It will be too late then.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
drbrumley,
But...

How long has he been here? A few weeks maybe? Give him a chance to see where we are coming from :)

Status
Not open for further replies.