Denver Bible Church & Freak

Cyrus of Persia

Originally posted by Knight

I suppose I could fashion my own whip and start chasing people around with it.... or would that be "un-Christian"? :rolleyes:

Depends how do you understand acting in Christian way. If you look at historical christianity even toasting and killing any "heretics" here would not be sin.

If you look it in way how Jesus used this, you need at first find some Church what is used as marketplace full of sheep, goats, and birds...

I dont think that using whip on those who think differently than you in forums, is the best way to deal with it :chuckle:

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
ShadowMaid, have you ever seen a literal "tree of knowledge of good and evil"?

Is this not a metaphor for "The Law", or in Aquinas's word's "Divine Law"?

Is it not possible that the six days of creation are also metaphorical speech designed to allow human's to incorporate God's creative power into a weekly acknowledgement?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Knight

So then.... you trade "wacky mythology" for unscientific magic? :nono:

Oh no, my dear sweet friend. I don't want to have anything to do with either.

Happy Fellowship Week! :kiss:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by ShadowMaid

Well, isn't the Bible the foundation of Christianity?

Funny, I thought 'Christ' was. I wonder where I got that silly idea??

How are you telling mythology from truth?

Science is a good measuring stick.

Are you just making God into what you think is possible?

Yes, just like everybody else does.

Do you believe that God is the Almighty God?

Yes, I do.

And that he can do anything?

No, I do not.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
Barney posted:

Energy does run out, or become more and more useless! It's called entropy... you know.... the second law of thermodynamics???

Dimo:

SLoT applies only to a closed system. Noone is certain that the universe is a closed system. At least in the way that would be required for SLoT.

Also as far as I know, and correct me if I am wrong, SLoT does not apply to eletrical, magnetic or eletromagnetic energy. I realize that each of these forms of energy can be transformed into one or more of the others. However, when energy is not in the form of heat it does seek equilibrium in the manner described by SLoT.

Last edited:

theeyologin

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I read through this thread and am trying to keep up on the discussion.
I wanted to ask BB a question. Do you believe that Jesus was a literal person? And if so do you believe in His Diety?

thanks for the opportunity to chime in. =)

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by theeyologin

Hi all, I am new to this forum. I read through this thread and am trying to keep up on the discussion.
I wanted to ask BB a question. Do you believe that Jesus was a literal person? And if so do you believe in His Diety?

thanks for the opportunity to chime in. =)

Oh man, I don't wanna go through this again.

OK, welcome to TOL. Yes, of course Jesus was a 'literal person' if by that you are asking "did Jesus exist". As for Jesus' 'diety', I cannot claim to know what Jesus ate.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I believe that Jesus was an enlightened human who experienced God in ways that all of us can but few ever do.

If Jesus was God, then you and I are also God. :think:

Oh boy, here is a chance to use my favorite new smilie!

:ExplodingFreakHead:

Freak

Originally posted by BillyBob

I believe that Jesus was an enlightened human who experienced God in ways that all of us can but few ever do.

If Jesus was God, then you and I are also God. :think:

You really didn't answer my question.

Again: do you believe Jesus was/is God?

Yes
No
Don't know

ShadowMaid

Originally posted by BillyBob

Funny, I thought 'Christ' was. I wonder where I got that silly idea??

Oh? So you actually believe in that part of the Bible?

Science is a good measuring stick.

God is supernatural, you don't think any of the miracles happened?

Yes, just like everybody else does.

Uh, I hope you're right.

Yes, I do.

Oh, okay. That's good.

No, I do not.

That's good too.

Dimo

BANNED BY MOD
Banned by Mod
ShadowMaid, where does it say in the Bible that God is supernatural?

When I was in Las Vegas for the CES show, I stopped at the Galileo booth. There I saw a metalic globe levitating between two electromagnetic poles. If this device had been around fifty or more years ago, many people of that time would have assumed it was a "supernatural" occurrence.

Supernatural is a word created by humans to describe things that they believed were not natural or man made or were beyond the accepted scope of human abilities and technology. Historically it is a tool used by authoritarians to strike fear in their subjects or enemies.

Perhaps there is only what we understand, and what we don't understand.

SOTK

Originally posted by Dimo

ShadowMaid, where does it say in the Bible that God is supernatural?

Where in the Bible does it say that He is not supernatural? Aren't we talking about faith here? The belief in things unseen? I am told that the Earth is round and not flat. I've never circumnavigated the globe myself though so I don't know for sure that it is, do I? I've also been told that the Earth as well as the other planets in our solar system circle the Sun. I believe this although I've never actually seen it occur.

I have faith that God has done everything that He has stated that He has done through the Holy Bible. This is faith. Faith doesn't require proof. It only requires belief.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Originally posted by Freak

You really didn't answer my question.

Again: do you believe Jesus was/is God?

Yes
No
Don't know

If Jesus was God, then you and I are also God.